PDA

View Full Version : Possible error...

Scriptor
May 8, 2003, 06:26 PM
I *THINK* I just noticed the image that promotes "US C-mode" in Denab 4- actually says "DENEB" four. I think the ship is called Denab, and I think it looks like a Deneb on the image in the right hand column of the main page. But I am really hesitant about that one because, that one can't have slipped past, right?

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 04:31 PM
*laughs*...Is the reason no site related people are replying because you actually let that error slip through the flimsy net? If so- that is shocking. What a place to put a typo...deary me.

ABDUR101
May 10, 2003, 04:51 PM
On 2003-05-08 16:26, Scriptor wrote:
I *THINK* I just noticed the image that promotes "US C-mode" in Denab 4- actually says "DENEB" four. I think the ship is called Denab, and I think it looks like a Deneb on the image in the right hand column of the main page. But I am really hesitant about that one because, that one can't have slipped past, right?

As far as I know, it's always been Deneb. I'm too lazy to log on and check to see, maybe someone else will before I do.

On 2003-05-10 14:31, Scriptor wrote:
*laughs*...Is the reason no site related people are replying because you actually let that error slip through the flimsy net? If so- that is shocking. What a place to put a typo...deary me.

No, it's because we're lazy. XO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-05-10 14:52 ]</font>

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 04:55 PM
Fair enough ABDUR. Maybe it is Deneb, I just have it in my head that it's Denab *shruggs*. I can't go online and check either.

LamerPanda
May 10, 2003, 05:31 PM
...it's Deneb.

All the GCPSO ships are named after stars. Deneb is the brightest star in the constellation Cygnus. Denab isn't anything.

Aurra
May 10, 2003, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Deneb, but I suppose it could be Denab... if someone wants to look up an astrology chart it would be on there since all the servers are named after stars.

LollipopLolita
May 10, 2003, 05:37 PM
http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~dolan/constellations/hr/7924.html

dj_dan
May 10, 2003, 05:38 PM
It's Deneb. 100% positive.

;D

LollipopLolita
May 10, 2003, 05:42 PM
are you sure, abdur and dj_dan, don't you know the mods here are so stupid.

ABDUR101
May 10, 2003, 05:45 PM
On 2003-05-10 15:42, LollipopLolita wrote:
are you sure, abdur and dj_dan, don't you know the mods here are so stupid.

We are well aware of our suckiness.

...although I wonder why someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about would try and point out an error that they have no fucking clue what it is to begin with.

...hmm..deary me. Quite the quandry.

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 06:03 PM
That's why I included trigger words like "I THINK" and "If so"- so you wouldn't get carried away you moderators...but hey- you spelled it out yourself, your stupid. And yes, I made a mistake. Hence I made sure I said I wasn't sure in post but...*chuckle*...you guys...*hahahahaha* ^_^

See now this right here is another big difference between me and you munchkins- I am aware of when I make mistakes- you just ignore them. Why don't you just stick to the only thing you are cable of and move this topic to Landfill site- it's the only response you seem capable of.

And to the know-it-all's who mentioned stars. The names of ships also coincide with Roman/Greek mythology. And seeing as astrology was maybe not that advanced back then- maybe they was named after Greek/Roman gods (and then the names given to the gods was then given to the stars as they were discoverd by advances in astrology over time). Notice the MAYBE, incase I'm wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scriptor on 2003-05-10 16:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scriptor on 2003-05-10 16:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scriptor on 2003-05-10 16:09 ]</font>

neko-chan
May 10, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-05-10 15:31, LamerPanda wrote:
Denab isn't anything.

It's a planet from Star Wars.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gilbert.ouradou/XWing/Planetes/Sluis/Denab.htm

Maybe Scriptor's a fan of Star Wars series. Maybe he got a little confused with stars, planets, etc... Maybe he had this name floating in his mind.

Maybe... why am I even bothering posting this crap? Why am I still here?

*escapes*

IceBlink
May 10, 2003, 06:20 PM
Hmm. Guy posts with a supposedly error and insults us.

Guy is proven wrong, and proceeds to carry on insulting us whilst trying to cover up for his stupid mistake.

Double standard two-faced... XD

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 06:23 PM
"Guy is proven wrong, and proceeds to carry on insulting us whilst trying to cover up for his stupid mistake."
Okay, yes I enjoy showing you moderators up as the stupid fools you seem to be, but come on. I already went over this but I'll explain it one more time, because you are clearly determind to be ignorant of a few points.

From the start, I never once said I was SURE there was a mistake- the title of this thread even says "Possible"- so I was well aware I may be mistaken and therefore I am not "covering up" anything you fucking wanker. Use your head and THINK before you post. Read what has been posted and try to avoid takeing your own personal take on what was said and ignoreing certain pieces. Child...

Alielle
May 10, 2003, 06:25 PM
Maybe Scriptor is just dumb. But I don't know for sure. Note that I said maybe. Don't quote me on it.

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 06:28 PM
No Scriptor is not dumb. He is not exceptionally intelligent, nor is he dumb. Shall we talk like I'm actually here now Aielle? That way, at least when you jump on the band wagon (like you are), I can insult you (when you say something stupid) in the first person- which is much more satisfying.

Alielle
May 10, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-05-10 16:23, Scriptor wrote:

From the start, I never once said I was SURE there was a mistake- the title of this thread even says "Possible"- so I was well aware I may be mistaken and therefore I am not "covering up" anything you fucking wanker. Use your head and THINK before you post. Read what has been posted and try to avoid takeing your own personal take on what was said and ignoreing certain pieces. Child...

Why bother pointing it out if you're not sure? That implies extreme amounts of lazy. It's so incredibly easy to go check yourself.

Scriptor
May 10, 2003, 06:34 PM
"Why bother pointing it out if you're not sure? That implies extreme amounts of lazy. It's so incredibly easy to go check yourself."
Ahhhhhhh *smiles*- didn't take you long to say something fucking stupid, did it? Okay here we go, try to keep up;

As I posted, I cannot go online and check myself. And before you say *puts on stupid voice* "Well why don't you just go and look on this site at the ship names where they are all listed?" - because logically (the arch enemy of all you idiots), if they got the name wrong for the banner/image thing- the chances are they probably got it wrong in the list too.

This is the second time I've had to say this already- think and read before you post you fucking wankers.

pixelate
May 10, 2003, 06:35 PM
Issure resolved. Enjoy the beautiful Saturday that it is.