PDA

View Full Version : DC vs XBOX/GC online quests. Where did they go?

NeiLast
May 8, 2003, 11:07 PM
So, after not playing PSO for more than a year, with my former play time being on the DC US ver. 1, I purchased the XBox version.

I love all of the new stuff, but one thing really bugs me.

What happened to questing online? I distinctly remember doing things like the Unsealed Door, or The Fake in Yellow quests online, with other people. But now, it seems that I have to do them offline, and it is not possible to run down the caves with a party and buy some cake.

Am I just totally missing something? There are only two online quests available, and they're almost useless.

I'm not sure if your character got credit for completing the quests online back in the DC days, but it was a good change of pace if you just wanted exp and lots of enemies at least. Especially for new characters that have to spend a good chunk of leveling time before they can beat the cave boss alone and unlock the mines by defeating it in single player. (at least in the DC version you had to be in the upper teens level wise unless you were a HUcast to beat the cave boss on normal).

What is the deal with quests online in this version? Or do I have to spend 80% of my time offline just to unlock stuff online?

Thanks in advance!

pErFeCt_34
May 8, 2003, 11:44 PM
I think your mistaken. I don't recall ever doing any of those quests online when I was on the dreamcast version.

th0rnz
May 9, 2003, 12:35 AM
I know what he means though, I remember Endless NightMare quests, and a bunch of other ones, around 9-12 quests to do online, I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they don't neglect us, their paying customers =/

NeiLast
May 10, 2003, 11:15 AM
You're right, it wasn't those quests. It was some other quests that we did. I remember one of them was in the caves, with lots and lots of enemies. Other quests came out, and then duping and hacking got real bad and I stopped....

Either way, are we going to get some online quests for XBox?