PDA

View Full Version : Just give it a rest!?

no1
May 9, 2003, 04:13 AM
First off I would like to say that I am not a duper, nor do I want duped items. Let's continue.

What is the point about complaining about duping? ST aren't going to be listening, and they are the ones with real power to do something. You, as a person, can't do anything to stop it so why worry about it?!

Yes they dilute the market but most legit people stay away from dupers or people they think own duped items. If this is the case, then they aren't diluting the market for you. You probably have a close circle of friends that are also legit. You stay together and trade between yourselves. Because you do this, there is little chance that a dupe will come into your possesion. Therefore, ever rare is still just as rare to you.

Dupers.....why? Yes some people don't have the time to look/get all the rares, fine I can understand that. Takes a hundred hours to get to lvl 100 if you not power levelling or whatever. But why circulate them? If you are going to do it, keep it to yourself and close friends. Don't go around bragging you have <insert latest duped rare> and giving away free. Is it an ego trip thing? Don't give me the excuse, you're being kind, kind is giving away rares you have found by normal means. If I go into a game where I suspect someone of using dupes or such like I leave. No hard feelings and go and I forget about it. Simple. It just annoys me when dupers come into a game and says "giving rares free" and proceed to wipe the floor with their duped items. As long as you keep to yourself, I couldn't care less what you do.

Me, I play in JP ships now. I have a few good friends there and the team spirit is much better. It's a joy to be beaten around in ult ruins knowing that you have friends behind you healing you and helping you out. How many times have I died on EU and US ships by people running for the boxes first.

So I say, as long as dupers don't bother me, I don't care what you do. I won't trade for something that is duped or seems duped so every item is just as rare for me.

Captain_Dude
May 9, 2003, 04:24 AM
The reason people complain about dupers and insult dupers is because they feel by whining and being mean they'll bug the dupers into leaving. As you've noticed, it hasn't done much.
I would like to point out that there are other reasons people get all whiney about dupes, but it's all the same crap to me.

I think we should all get along, I mean hey, I don't dupe, I don't wanna use any, but I don't care if people do. This is a game, and if something about the game bugs you to the point of whining and being childish and mean, then why do you continue to play? It's not gonna get any better, y'know!

raiden999
May 9, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-05-09 02:24, Captain_Dude wrote:
The reason people complain about dupers and insult dupers is because they feel by whining and being mean they'll bug the dupers into leaving. As you've noticed, it hasn't done much.
I would like to point out that there are other reasons people get all whiney about dupes, but it's all the same crap to me.

I think we should all get along, I mean hey, I don't dupe, I don't wanna use any, but I don't care if people do. This is a game, and if something about the game bugs you to the point of whining and being childish and mean, then why do you continue to play? It's not gonna get any better, y'know!

You forgot to add the fact that people whine because they are hard headed and always want their way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Zuna
May 10, 2003, 10:52 AM
On 2003-05-09 02:13, no1 wrote:

Me, I play in JP ships now. I have a few good friends there and the team spirit is much better. It's a joy to be beaten around in ult ruins knowing that you have friends behind you healing you and helping you out. How many times have I died on EU and US ships by people running for the boxes first.

So I say, as long as dupers don't bother me, I don't care what you do. I won't trade for something that is duped or seems duped so every item is just as rare for me.

hehe i am not duper too, n i am not totally legit (i admit that) as i traded with others, it is 'almost' impossible to know whats legit or not from the others, (unless, those 200 pow sato, dark DNA weap..wemm maybe legit hehe) just the aim of the game is to enjoy it yourself, if you are so angry n got pissed by those dupers or dupe users..just go other game or just play among with the frd sharing same idea..it would be alot better;.;then everyone is happY...really no offence to anyone, legit, dupers, or dupe users..

I totally agree, in JP SHIP players are really forming a good team..i never have had bad experience there... we heal each other, we share things (they share their extra red box on the floor) even i am way behind them n they stop to wait for me, or wait everybody before we go into a room with enemies..

when a red box appears,they wont just run for it, we kill the enmeies first, then everyone surround the box, and being so polite, seeing who wants it..

I really dont like to see ppl (in US oe EU ships) that once they run into a room, they run to hit those boxes.. .. or when they see a red box on the floor, they pick it up with a light speed..

I like hanging around in JP too now.. although i cant speak japanese (well a little, i can understand some), they are nice, and once they know i am not japanese , they try in english..how friendly the atmosphere is!! this is what i am looking for in game, teamwork, n successful feeling of lvling together, n beat the boss!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuna on 2003-05-10 08:54 ]</font>

no1
May 10, 2003, 11:04 AM
if you are so angry n got pissed by those dupers or dupe users..just go other game or just play among with the frd sharing same idea..it would be alot better;.;then everyone is happY...really no offence to anyone, legit, dupers, or dupe users..

I am not angry. Just saying I won't play with dupers, and that I don't harbour any bad feelings towards them unless they pester me (or anyone for that matter).
A note about JP habit. Apart from being kind, and a good laugh, the team spirit is just as good. One of the things that gets me is that when one person goes back to Pioneer, the whole team usually goes. The first time it happened I was shocked. Then I went back into my telepipe. They asked why I did that and not use of one theirs. I was stumped. I am just so used to going into my own because usually in a EU or US game everyone just peels off when they feel like it. That is how Yuji Naka (creator of PSO?) visioned PSO.