PDA

View Full Version : If you smile..

Tillie
Mar 10, 2001, 03:57 PM
..long enough good things happen!

I started a new character yesterday.Based on how rare i see the class i made a RAcaseal=).
No casting,trap seeing,kick booty Droid.About time i see how the outher half lives ~_^
Her name is Chateau COX-9. Of the line. Dinochrome Brigade.

After playing her for a bit offline (and loveing it) a friend stoped by to see how i was doing.
Mind you he plays PSO as well and knows that Tillie was MIA at this point.I had not yet wiped the VMU she was on when my friend said i should copy my guild card to my Ranger.Being the only PSO file you can copy with the DC system menu i thought what the hell.If i was going to save anything from Tillie it was my contact list of all my friends and fellow players here at PSO World.It was worth a shot as Chateau was only lvl 2 at the time.If it went bad..o well.I DLed the guild card from Tillie from the DC VMU menu and loged Chateau in offline to see if it worked.
There was a bit of a hang up as the VMU was checked but it recovered and Chateau now had Tillies guild card. My friend was like hay it worked now you can find everyone you met.For me it was a start..a good one at that!

But now it gets Better!
Well after an hour or 2 messing around with Chateau i go to edit my new guild card.Getting inspired by a book i have been reading i type it all up.I take a quick look at my guild cards and i stuned to find some of the last names are just junk.All messed up and unreadable.I select the last name i can and deleat it.This wipes all the junk from the card.
My friend looking over at me comments,Why do ya think the names got messed up like that?
I shot back:I got a new guild card just before i loged..and i loged right after i accepted it.
My friend said just then: And thats when the power cut out right?
Yea!?!
My friend got up and said it was a long shot and after about 30 or so min thinking how this was going to work it hit us.Hard!
I can not log Tillie in online:fact
DC server tryies to save to the VMU but locks up:fact
I can log Tillie offline:fact
I check the guild card.Nothing looks messed up Accept the last name is missing!
My friend jumps up saying all the data is there BUT we can not see it..its merged with anouther entry! When we copied the cards to Chateau it became exposed as junk! The guild card VMU file was never closed IMHOP so it somehow crashes when the DC tryes to save it again.Then it comes to me.The server is trying to reset the data.If it detects a problem it resets you to your basic gear.When you make a new character you get a blank guild card.What can i lose? Nothing.I deleat Tillies guild card and log in online.Server checks my VMU and resaves my data..and this time it dose not crash.I log on offline and look at Tillie.Basic gear.New guild card.I quit out.I log in to the servers again.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Tillie is once more among the online liveing!
The only sad part out of this is..my Mags are gone=( Soniti,apsaras and my new addition..
to hell with my gear..i can replace it in time.
But my boys are gone. /snif

Yours
Tillie Ray

Seutekh
Mar 10, 2001, 06:19 PM
CONGRATS!!!

I'm glad to hear it, and I'm sure this post will help someone save a character in the future. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Props on the Altered Beast reference too. I loved that game.

ragnarok
Mar 10, 2001, 09:43 PM
Yeah, good job. I might need that in the future.

Seutekh
Mar 10, 2001, 11:52 PM
Wrong smiley, Rag?

Josh
Mar 11, 2001, 02:15 AM
LOL Seutekh
GJ Tillie on saving your character! I wouldn't be able to do that..I'd be too frustrated and just play my RAmar.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Glider
Mar 11, 2001, 02:28 AM
You lost me about half way througth... What exactly do you do to get your character back?

Tillie
Mar 11, 2001, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone! It's nice to be back again=)
Glider..The problem was with my Guild cards.I had just gotten a new card from a friend online and was loging when the power diped.The junk in the file was "hidden" untill i moved the bad file to my new character.When i removed the damaged card this allowed me to log online and then the server to reset my gear.Newbi gear=blank guild cuard.Now my DC logs Tillie in online and dose not crash.
That's all there was to it Glider.

Yours
Tillie Ray