PDA

View Full Version : Any one got tips for a HUcast in BA?

SLyNKee
May 9, 2003, 08:11 PM
Battle seems alot hard for androids on GC that v2, I was wondering if some one could give me some tips so my HUcast could beat those pesky HUmars, PM if you want i dont care

ChibiMyu
May 9, 2003, 10:14 PM
GC BA mode strongly favors tech-users now... I don't know how to stress that enough. Even the ramar and the ramarl have a nice advantage, although I don't suggest anyone try them until they master humar/hunewearl. As for androids like hucasts, I suggest you take advantage of that trap ability, especially in rules like 2 and 3. Try to use the walls, stay out of tech range, and such... techs are evol! Also try to avoid those direct confrontations where you charge someone with a saber. In rule 6, you're probably better off in a "no tech" game or choosing a different class though. I made a humar just for BA mode... if you can't beat them, join them. ;_;

AzureBlaze
May 9, 2003, 11:02 PM
Join the crowd, but don't give up who you are.

Stay an android. You don't have to become some tech user to have fun in BA, just fight other androids only. Pretty much everyone who I've talked to so far (even those who used to fight a lot on DC PSO) agree that techs are super cheap-o on here, and it reduces most fights to a button-mashing frenzy. The winner is whoever can time their foie right, or zonde you from around a corner or over a wall. Even with HUmars/RAmars, it isn't really about the weapons any more, it's just simple techs and everyone dies in 2 hits. (whoopee)

When you're in a rule 6 or 2 fight with all HUcasts, it's totally amazing. All that ATP going against super DEF and EVP, traps everywhere, the action is totally unstoppable! The fights are fast, and because there's no cheap techs to get in the way, each life is hard won. With the same class, you know that the people with the -skill- not the techs win, when everyone's equal. Fighting on Androids Only BAs, takes battle down to the basics, who has the real skill with weapons and coordination, who is fastest on the draw and strategizes the best.

Unlike RAmars vs. RAmarls, HUcasts and HUcaseals are somewhat more balanced in terms of their stats, so both types can have some fun. Yes, I am mad that they've made techs even worse now on GC PSO, because it used to be that androids had a somewhat more fair chance at takeing down HUmars/HUnewearls/Whatever, and it was a fun challenge to go against more then just your own class...but it looks like those days are over, at least on this edition.

As for your hint? I don't know how you can counter an attack that never misses, takes 1/4 to 1/2+ of your health in 1 shot, and can be done at least 3 times per life by any non-android...before they even pull out a weapon to use against you. Maybe Sonic Team should have tried to think about this too.

Sham
May 10, 2003, 11:11 AM
...Don't use an android?

But seriously, you're better off just making a battle-exclusive HUnewearl/HUmar. I don't think I've ever even seen a B6 HU game on Anteres with an android in it. So sticking to HUcast, and hoping to fight other HUc types, probably wouldn't be a good idea.

With the same class, you know that the people with the -skill- not the techs win, when everyone's equal.

In other words, you imply tech-using characters require no skill to win in battle? Well then I'd love to see you make a tech user, and beat another experienced tech user. It should be a cake walk if it requires no skill, correct?

AzureBlaze
May 10, 2003, 11:33 PM
What this guy (and me too!) are railing on is the annoying over-power of techs.

I didn't say that tech users vs. tech users is a bad or easy way to fight, but if you're looking for your cake-walk (and my point as well) take an experianced fighting FOnewm vs. a RAcaseal on rule 6, and you'll have it.

If you can basically floor something which can't heal itself by using an attack that dosn't miss, the tech-user does not have to try as hard/be as skilled in combat in that situation to win.

And I have fought my FOmar against other FOmars and some FOnewearls and won and lost some, as it is expected. However, even from my limited experiance using live characters from the DC, I can tell that this GC BA seems less fun in the FO fighting area--mostly because of the even quicker deaths everyone seems to meet.

And it isn't much a wonder that you don't see any androids in any of the BA games...the imbalance drove them all off. But if you were on DC, you knew there were quite a few really great HUcasts who managed to have some fun, and I think that any class should be able to have a great time in any area of the game...after all that's the point. And even if it means excluding tech users to do it, androids should be able to fight too.