PDA

View Full Version : GC: New Character....

Reign_of_Fire
May 9, 2003, 09:33 PM
Ok basically Im tired of my RAmar...so i'm looking to start a new character...

I use my RAmar alot for Guns and Swords..I enjoy being a HUmar wannabe....

So what should I be...

I like techs, but can live without them...
I LOVE SWORDS, but enjoy long range attacks...

So I think Ill go with a HU...something but which one is the best???

Poll=Help me Find the Answer...

Robomonke
May 9, 2003, 09:53 PM
Sounds like HUmar to me.

1. they can use swords and have the best ATP of the hunters that can use techs.

2. They have the highest ATA of any character you listed. (HUcaseal may have higher, i'm too lazy to check)

3. With mechs they can do really good damage and still attack from afar.

Gundam42
May 10, 2003, 10:22 AM
In my opinion, U should stick with the hucast..but its up to you. Its your decision. Hucast have the Highest HP, Highest ATP, Can use Hu weps faster than any other Hu. And I love the traps. Especially in Ultimate mode because they are very reliable. If u want to keep your distance try a handgun. Hucasts can use them well and it causes alot of damage. Mechs are ok. Partisans and SWORDS are very good. They can hit more than 1 target and give you some distance between you and your enemy. But still, like i saud. Its up to you.

BeatZero
May 10, 2003, 04:38 PM
HUcaseal, i love my new one! her animations are so much better than other HU's.

CajunSamurai
May 10, 2003, 04:47 PM
I'd go with a HUnewearl or HUcaseal, personally... Otherwise, a HUcast. Unfortunately, I've NEVER been a fan of HUmars in general so I can't exactly recommend one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif Part of this reason is because a RIDICULOUS amount of PSO players use this class.

Otherwise, my personal favorite class is FOnewearl... So versatile and fun to use. My FOmar just got BORING after he hit LV120, whereas I'm still having a lot of fun using my FOnewearl at Lv147. I can't recommend them enough.

Aredhel
May 10, 2003, 05:45 PM
I was the ONE who voted for HUnewearl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I did so because they have such an excellent balance of MST and ATP - especially if you have a well suited MAG. Mine for example is 26 def, 70 pow, 26 ata, and 75 mind - This is the best way to go, in my opinion, so that you level well without accidentially OD'ing on pow materials, etc...I really don't believe that it comes down to personal preference between HUcast and HUnewearl either, I have a lvl 70 HUcast and a lvl 110 HUnewearl - I can honestly say that she is MUCH funner to play because she totally GANKS enemies with techs AND melee, the option that the HUcast doesn't have. Is it correct that HUmar doesn't have shifta/deand? if so, then do a favor for yourself and don't even THINK about HUmar (unless you are primarily online and can get buffs from others). Ultimately, though, it comes down to whether or not you play with others.

Bottom line:

Single player: DEFINITELY HUnewearl
Multi-player: Go for HUcast

MadCowChuck_
May 10, 2003, 05:48 PM
Ah, I shalt second thy pick of HUcast:

--Highest HU-class HP: You'll live, and live longer.

--Highest ATP: You'll do more damage, you'll be able to use weapons much more quickly, and you have better capabilities to do damage with guns and the like.

--Traps: He gets them, and gets them often. What other HU weapon will freeze or confuse everything 100% of the time in an area the size of Three Mile Island?

--HP Regen: It's nice. A small bonus.

--Other shtuff: You're not using fluids for anything, and they can be nice for quick meseta. MAGs are much easier to raise w/o MIND. Maxing stats does become a bit harder, but only one HU actually gets 250 mats, so you're not missing much.

Elusive_Llama
May 10, 2003, 06:02 PM
If you can live without techs, then Hucast is the way to go. Otherwise, Hunewearl.

Joe-Azlin
May 10, 2003, 06:08 PM
You like techs and swords so go with a FOmar.

phasma
May 11, 2003, 02:10 PM
can Fomars use swords?? i thought those were HU only...

Neverwinter
May 13, 2003, 05:54 AM
Go with FOmar go with FOmar go with FOmar!!!!!!!
Or HUnewarl whatever suits u..
HUnewarl is like a hunter-force and a FOmar is like a stronger force and a weaker hunter...they are both cool.

Akujin
May 17, 2003, 07:52 AM
ok...now I know I'm gonna sound like a n00b...and so what maybe I am but i like the HUmar =P he never lets me down. And I mean sure...shifta/deband are extremly good. but hey I don't think I need them. I'm only offline and on Vhard at lv 50...Well choose the one you want offcourse...I'm just adding my oppinion. Peace.

Scrub
May 17, 2003, 10:56 AM
I'd suggest a FOnewm, but you don't seem to like Techs much.xD Seeing giant explosions kill a whole roomfull of monsters at once never fails to amuse me. Anyway, for using Swords and Guns, I'd go with the HUcast, definitely.

shipa
May 17, 2003, 03:54 PM
I think you shuld take a HUmar.
I dont know why just take him!