PDA

View Full Version : XBox: PSOX - US and UK together, or not?

CajunSamurai
May 10, 2003, 01:38 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've yet to get much solid info on it...

From what I've heard since the beginning, Xbox Live would be seperated territorily... for security reasons or some BS.
However, a friend of mine tells me that ads in the UK (and there're LOTS of 'em, as MS is really pushing this sucker) suggests that UK players WILL in fact be able to play with the US... Paraphrasing the quote a bit, it was something like, "Play online with other countries from all around the world."

So... I'm kinda confused. Any info at all about the UK Xbox PSO being linked with the US version?
It's just kinda difficult for me to believe that very many people will be playing on UK only servers...

CrossKnight
May 10, 2003, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure, but if its word from mircosoft you can probably expect an announcement soon.

Blaime
May 11, 2003, 10:15 AM
They'd be stupid not to. There won't be enough european players for them to be seperate.

rena-ko
May 11, 2003, 11:12 AM
thing is, xbox live is not just pso - if they seperate each set of pso servers you can still play with people around the world via other games... it depends if they clearly mean pso with that or if they just vaguely mean xbox live in whole.

my guess is they link us and european servers... but we'll know when the game is available.

Jack
May 11, 2003, 11:29 AM
Currently with most Xbox live games, European and American players can play with each other, separate from the Japanese players. I'd assume this is going to be the same for PSO.

primer567
May 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
When they say play online with other countries around the world they probably mean just EU countries.

Barubary6
May 11, 2003, 03:06 PM
You get much less lag when you play on a server that is near you, so you'd naturally think that the European version would have access to European servers. But if that's true, then the players need to know which servers are which. If you look at the American ship list, there is no US/ on them.

It's quite possible that they are going to segregate Europe too.

-- Barubary

CajunSamurai
May 11, 2003, 07:07 PM
Ahh, thanks for the info everyone, I've been really curious about this for a while.
Well, jeez. If other XBL games are playable with European players, I don't see any reason why PSO should be segregated... Like Bar said though, the ship names don't have territory prefixes like they have on the other versions, which is really the only thing that gives me doubt...
We'll see pretty soon, I suppose.