PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on using a fo? Then come to Black Magic Acade

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 04:43 PM
Hope your not too offended by the name. Anyway, this topic is to help give stratagys,give tips for managing your fluids, stratagys for monsters, and much more. Feel free to submit information!

Why the force?
The force can lv the fastest, depending on how you use them. Forces can freeze enemies allowing more magic atacks with rabarta, and they have a variety of atacks which makes them unique. They can even kill some of the toughest enemys in the game with 1 shot of megid depending on what lv megid is. A hu maybe able to melee and do amount of damage they want at any time but they lack s/d and hus have to run up to an enemy making them vulnerable to atack. Not to mention in my opinion I think its harder to lv with 1 since you cant a ton of enemys and rapidly with a hu. Ras are ok,if you plan on killing multiple enemys at the same time, but the shotgun animation is slow. If you love magic wizards spell, and love to hit alot of enemys and rapidly at the same time then pick the fo. Otherwise your best sticking with hus and ras.

Which fo to pick.

Fomar:This is what I am. Acording to the max stats you can call this one a hu/fo. They get an extra boost in GI techs and Grants. They atleast got enough mst to get lv 30 techs which can be good if your actually looking forth in my stratagy to making the fomar a hu/fo. Since fomar has resta try raising 2 mags at the same time. One force 1 and 1 pow mag. If you like some hu/fo combat pick this one. If you want straight on magic this one isnt for you. If your basicly picking this class to get chicks prepare for 1 hella of a time.

Fomarl:This 1 is well balenced. Im not exactly sure how to manage her but Ill say you want to manage her in the stats you like. If you want a ra like fo manage the mag with mind/dex. You see where im going? Pick this 1 if you want a balenced fo and not a all out powerful 1.

Fonewm:Probably one of the best choices for a force beginer.They get an extra boost in ra techs which can clear a room in seconds. They also can regenerate tp while walking. This one is a power house fo so go all out with mst. Pick unless you want to pick a Fomar to get chicks.

Fonewearl:Again 1 of the best classes because they can get around 1700 mst if you only use mind mats on her. She has the highest mst rate. Pick if your a beginer, or pick Fonewm if you cant stand to play as a girl.

How to counter such CONS.
Fos all seem very good but theres 2 cons that stand in there way of being all mighty.

-Low dfp especially newmens
-costs alot of money for fluids

to counter.

-Never go bite off more then you can chew. A lv 100 fo can die 1 hit in ult ruins without deband and jellen. When your deband and jellen get higher levels and your lv is a bit low to atempt a hard place, then its ok to go and try to do it since damage would be reduced enough so your fo can survive.

-If your just starting have some telepipes so u can goto the medical nurse and get healed for 10 meseta. If you do alot of HS and you get all of those junky def parts sell them along with weps your fo cant equip.If your willing to go and do offline quests *Hate em* then that can solve your problem too. This can become a problem too if your in the higher levels because your spell lvs r so high your tp drops like mad. Again stick with difluids till you somehow *dont ask me* get the money to buy 10 trifluids.

This concludes today 4 now. Ill post more tomarrow.

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 05:04 PM
Enemy weaknesses

note Ill edit later. sorted elementally. Only fire ise thunder is used.

Forest:
Bartle:fire
Barble:thunder
Tollow:ice
Gulgus:fire
Gulgus Gue:thunder
the lil mosquito nest and mosquitos:thunder
El rappy:thunder
Hildelt:Thunder but it still does weak damage
Sil Dragon:Fire

Caves:
Vulmer:fire
Govulmer:ice
big yellow guy forgot name:thunder
crimson assasin:fire
Ob lillys:*pesky lillies* Ice
Nano Dragon:Thunder
Poifully slime:fire
Pan arms:thunder I think
Da ral lie:Ice

Mines:
robots that replace gilchik:fire
dubchik:fire but your suppose to destory the floating yellow wheel to kill them all.
Sinow Blue:fire
Sinow Red:ice
Canawhatever:fire
The cana leader:ice
Baranz:Sadly I havent found a weakness for it. run around it so the missile will colide into him.
Vol opt all forms:fire

Ruins:
Arlan:fire
Merlan:Ice
Melqueeks:thunder
Dark Gunners:thunder I think.
Indi Beleras:Thunder
Delsabers:NOTE:Nothing will affect him exept ICE!
Gran sorcerer:If you know it say it in this topic.
Dark Bringer:NONE, I can think of, this is why ruins is hell. Some enemys have no elemental weakness.
Dark Falz *dwarvents*:Ice
Dark Falz First form:Thunder I suggest use gizonde
Dark Falz 2nd form: Ice but use Barta
Dark Falz 3rd form *damn claws*:Fire fire foie at a distance. Remember magic can penetrate through when he turns invincable.

EP2 sometime later after I grow stronger to study the enemys in ep2.

Reenee
May 10, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-05-10 15:04, BANNANA_BIRD wrote:
Enemy weaknesses

note Ill edit later. sorted elementally. Only fire ise thunder is used.

the lil mosquito nest and mosquitos:thunder
Mothvist and Mothverts

El rappy:thunder
Weak against Foie, not Zonde.

Hildelt:Thunder but it still does weak damage
Weak against Grants.

big yellow guy forgot name:thunder
Melqueek. You gave the Del-D that name.

Pan arms:thunder I think
No elemental weakness; use highest level basic technique.

Mines:
robots that replace gilchik:fire
They're called Gillchichs and the normal version is Gillchic.

dubchik:fire but your suppose to destory the floating yellow wheel to kill them all.
I like to call 'em Dubwitch for the switch.

Ruins:

Melqueeks:thunder
It's a Del-D, klutz. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dark Gunners:thunder I think.
Same as Pan Arms, but Grants is their weakness.

Dark Falz *dwarvents*:Ice
Why is Dark Falz in the same name? And Darvants are weak to Grants as well.

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 06:17 PM
*** I said only fire,ice and thunder. I never pay attention to the screen at the bottem left corner.

[edit]Do not use derogatory slurs.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-05-10 17:45 ]</font>

Delsaber
May 10, 2003, 06:21 PM
Nano Dragons on ultimate are weak to barta not zonde

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 06:28 PM
I like to call 'em Dubwitch for the switch.

How nice.

It's a Del-D, klutz.

I never pay attention to the bottem left screen.

Why is Dark Falz in the same name? And Darvants are weak to Grants as well.

Its part of fighting Dark Falz. I never use Grants only in BA mode. I dont got fluids to use Grants at my leisure, so only fire ice and thunder is used.

Weak against Foie, not Zonde.

I cant remember everything bah.

Nano Dragons on ultimate are weak to barta not zonde

Ty for clearing that up, I only use gizonde on them, barta techniques arnt that ranged though.

BANNANA_BIRD
May 10, 2003, 07:03 PM
Technique rating

Bah I got enough time to write so I'll forget about updating tomarrow.

Rating system

*=this spell is reak stay FAR AWAY!
**=Garbage!
***=Average
****=Above average
*****=Hella good!

Simple Atacks

Foie
Description:A fire ball is thrown that can be aimed. can only hit a single enemy.
Comments:Very useful to kill Dark Falz's 3rd form. I highly suggest you dont use it as your main fire spell unless its the highest out of your fire techs.
***/*****

Barta
Description:Linear ice atack that can hit multiple enemys.
Comments:Good for DF's 2nd form. Move is too slow though.
***/*****

Zonde:
Description:Thunder Bolts a single enemy.
Comments:This thunder spell reaks. The only thing that keeps it from getting a 1 is it looks cool at lv 30.
**/*****

Normal atacks

Gifoie
Description:Firey ring that surrounds you. At higher levels the range goes farther.
Comments:Stronger then rafoie but its slow. At low levels its barly any use. Im not saying its bad but until at higher levels you should use something else as your fire spells.
***/*****

Gizonde
Description:Targets enemys in a set of enemys depending where they are.
Comments:With this spell you can own Norm,Hard,V Hard Mines. An army of enemys with it's weakness to lightning can easly be destroyed.
*****/*****

Gibarta
Description:Ice breath type atack that has to be aimed.
Comments:Meh, only if its the best spell out of your lists of spell thats most likely to freeze an enemy.
**/*****

Hard Atacks!

Rafoie
Description:Firey explosion that can hit tons of enemys at once.
Comments:BEST FIRE SPELL TO USE PERIOD!
**********/*****

Rabarta
Description:Icey waves surround you short range.
Comments:I perfer this 1 since at higher levels it has a better chance to freeze and enemy. If succesful you can alot of Magic Salvos. 5 star!
*****/*****

Grants
Description:Holy explosion on 1 enemy.
Comments:Favorite thing to use to anoy newbs in BA mode. =) Personally I dont use it much, but if you got the money and fluids, and your facing an enemy where your other spells are useless this can be pretty good. Especially in Episode 2.
****/*****

Megid
Description:Dark cool looking fire ball that is controlled and aimed like foie. If succesful instant death.
Comments:It can be either to you a...

a) A peace of @#$@
or
b) A force not to be reakoned with.

Depending on the level is how good it is. Only useful around lv 27. Fun thing to do to brats who r higher lvs then u in ba mode. Ob lillys will try this evil spell on you to kill u 1 shot. increase dark res if you want to laugh at people's pathethic megid.

a) grade -***********/*****
b) grade *****/*****

Support Spell

Resta
Description:Heals
Comment:The thing that keeps you alive, 10 stars.
**********/*****

Anti:
Description:Heals abnormal stats
Comments:Good teamplaying spell other wise garbage.
**/*****

Reverser
Description:Revives fallen player.
Comments:Useful when your surrounded by noobs.
**/*****

Shifta
Description:ATACK UP
Comments:Useful to other hus and fo/hu type chars.
*****/*****

Deband
Description:DEFENCE UP!
Comments:The thing that keeps you alive in ult,5 stars.
*****/*****

Jellen
Description:ATACK down.
Comments: A must have in ULT.
*****/*****

Zalure
Description:Defence down
Comments:Useful only to FO/HUS like myself.
*****/*****

Any other posters may say there opinion about spells and ratings as well.

IceBlink
May 10, 2003, 07:58 PM
On 2003-05-10 17:03, BANNANA_BIRD wrote:
Zonde:
Description:Thunder Bolts a single enemy.
Comments:This thunder spell reaks. The only thing that keeps it from getting a 1 is it looks cool at lv 30.
**/*****

Personally, I think Zonde is more superior to foie, due to the fact that it auto-targets without you having to face the enemy. You automatically switch to the closest target and fire it off. o_o

Gifoie
Description:Firey ring that surrounds you. At higher levels the range goes farther.
Comments:Stronger then rafoie but its slow. At low levels its barly any use. Im not saying its bad but until at higher levels you should use something else as your fire spells.
***/*****

You forgot to mention that you can use this without any targets, so you could use it outside of a room and still hit the enemies inside due to the reach...

Gizonde
Description:Targets enemys in a set of enemys depending where they are.
Comments:With this spell you can own Norm,Hard,V Hard Mines. An army of enemys with it's weakness to lightning can easly be destroyed.
*****/*****

Bad thing about this tech is if they're just out of range, the tech doesn't even activate and you'll use TP anyway.

Megid
Description:Dark cool looking fire ball that is controlled and aimed like foie. If succesful instant death.
Comments:It can be either to you a...

a) A peace of @#$@
or
b) A force not to be reakoned with.

Depending on the level is how good it is. Only useful around lv 27. Fun thing to do to brats who r higher lvs then u in ba mode. Ob lillys will try this evil spell on you to kill u 1 shot. increase dark res if you want to laugh at people's pathethic megid.

a) grade -***********/*****
b) grade *****/*****

Since this is a Force guide, you should mention that FOnewearls get a bonus to this. Their speciality with megid is piercing megid, i.e. it passes through the first target to hit anything behind it. o_O

No mention of Razonde. ^_^; Razonde is superior to Gizonde, but uses more TP as expected! It casts without target, and cover the majority of the area in front and about half behind you. Very nice.

****/*****

Anti:
Description:Heals abnormal stats
Comments:Good teamplaying spell other wise garbage.
**/*****

as long as you're not the one effected, it can heal ALL abnormal status, including shock. People who have slow status can use anti, but seem to forget to, or not bother due to the short time effected.

Reverser
Description:Revives fallen player.
Comments:Useful when your surrounded by noobs.
**/*****

Dying doesn't happen to noobs all the time...

Rhete
May 11, 2003, 12:34 AM
On 2003-05-10 14:43, BANNANA_BIRD wrote:

Fonewearl: Pick if your a beginer

I fail to see to see how FOnewearl is a beginner force class. Every person truly new to the game is just going to love playing a class that gets killed in 1 or 2 hits early on, seeing as how FOnewearl is the frailest class in the entire game. She also takes the longest to become a powerhouse, since FOnewm and FOmar have the better attack spell amps, it won't be til much later in the game when a FOnewearl can compete by getting a really high lvl megid and killing just as fast.

LollipopLolita
May 11, 2003, 04:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=542

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=543

Kent
May 11, 2003, 06:37 AM
You're forgetting about technique specializations of some of the classes:

FOmar - 30% boost to Gizonde, Gifoie, Gibarta, and Grants; 2x range on Shifta and Deband.

FOmarl - 50% boost to Grants; 2x range on Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband.

FOnewearl - 30% boost to Foie, Zonde, and Barta; 2x range on Resta and Anti; Penetrating Megid (can go through enemies).

FOnewm - 30% boost to Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, Rafoie, Razonde, and Rabarta.

Those should play a big part in being effective with the different Forces. Also, it should be noted that the different Forces can require very different strategies to be effective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-05-11 04:39 ]</font>

Reenee
May 11, 2003, 12:53 PM
Banana Bird, you can't rate techniques. You're supposed to use them at certain times at certain situations. They're qualified for use in some areas. I have to use Gifoie in the Ruins a lot, for example, and maybe a couple of times in the Caves. Oh, and I'm not talking about Ultimate here, just outside of it.

Rhete
May 11, 2003, 01:08 PM
Gibarta is still the worst spell. It was good in version 2 when it casted really fast, but now its just really slow and hard to aim

Reenee
May 11, 2003, 01:17 PM
I don't see how there's any bad/worst spell. You just have to use them right.

BANNANA_BIRD
May 11, 2003, 03:36 PM
DOH I FORGOT RAZONDE! I knew I was missing something!

I don't see how there's any bad/worst spell. You just have to use them right.

Yeah true true. Theres just some that makes the job easier then using a different spell.

I fail to see to see how FOnewearl is a beginner force class. Every person truly new to the game is just going to love playing a class that gets killed in 1 or 2 hits early on, seeing as how FOnewearl is the frailest class in the entire game. She also takes the longest to become a powerhouse, since FOnewm and FOmar have the better attack spell amps, it won't be til much later in the game when a FOnewearl can compete by getting a really high lvl megid and killing just as fast.

Thats why theres Deband and Jellen. I get killed in 1-2 hits in Ultimate. Thats just a con of forces.

You're forgetting about technique specializations of some of the classes:

FOmar - 30% boost to Gizonde, Gifoie, Gibarta, and Grants; 2x range on Shifta and Deband.

FOmarl - 50% boost to Grants; 2x range on Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband.

FOnewearl - 30% boost to Foie, Zonde, and Barta; 2x range on Resta and Anti; Penetrating Megid (can go through enemies).

FOnewm - 30% boost to Gifoie, Gizonde, Gibarta, Rafoie, Razonde, and Rabarta.

Those should play a big part in being effective with the different Forces. Also, it should be noted that the different Forces can require very different strategies to be effective.

That explains why I do alot... Thanks for the info!

Dying doesn't happen to noobs all the time...

That maybe, stupidity yes.

Since this is a Force guide, you should mention that FOnewearls get a bonus to this. Their speciality with megid is piercing megid, i.e. it passes through the first target to hit anything behind it. o_O

No mention of Razonde. ^_^; Razonde is superior to Gizonde, but uses more TP as expected! It casts without target, and cover the majority of the area in front and about half behind you. Very nice.

Piercing Megid!? o_O Gizonde hits more at once, and makes mines for Forces very easy.

Banana Bird, you can't rate techniques. You're supposed to use them at certain times at certain situations. They're qualified for use in some areas. I have to use Gifoie in the Ruins a lot, for example, and maybe a couple of times in the Caves. Oh, and I'm not talking about Ultimate here, just outside of it.

You can only have 6 shortcuts and using atack spells by selecting dosent sound very good. Its just my opinion for rating.

Reenee
May 11, 2003, 08:01 PM

You can only have 6 shortcuts and using atack spells by selecting dosent sound very good. Its just my opinion for rating.

My 2 cents, but I shortcut the ones I'm undoubtedly bound to use. In the Ruins, I shortcut Foie, Normal Attack, Gifoie, Barta, Resta, and Zonde. Come on, tell me reaching for Gizonde in your shortcut menu is really hard when some So Dimenians pop up. And did you also notice how you can reorganize the order of the techniques. I leave Anti at the end in case I get a status effect so I can get out of it quickly...

Nai_Calus
May 12, 2003, 01:05 AM
Your mileage will vary, but my preferred button customization for my FOmar is as follows:

All areas, Melee: (115 POW, 60 MIND Rati, Gladius w/%s to area, 3x Ogre/Power 1x Angel/Mind)

B: Resta, A: Normal attack, Y: Heavy attack, R+B: Difluid, R+A: Shifta, R+B: Deband

Tech-focused: (Same MAG until I finish raising a proper FO MAG, Rod-type of some sort for the added defence, Rafoie Merge, 4x Angel/Mind)

Forest: B: Resta, A: Normal attack, Y: Heavy attack, R+B: Difluid, R+A: Foie/Rafoie, R+Y Barta

Bob: B: Resta, A: Normal attack, Y: Heavy attack, R+B: Difluid, R+A: Barta, R+Y: Deband
I haven't gotten to Ult with my FOmar yet, so I as of yet don't have a preferred Sil Bob button mapping. Probably as above, but with Foie/Rafoie instead of Barta.

Caves: B: Re-Ok, for the rest of this, it will be assumed that B is always Resta, and R+B is always Difluids, because it always is. >_>;;; A: Normal attack, Y: Zonde, R+A: Rafoie, R+Y Barta

De Rol Le: A: Rafoie, Y: Dimate, R+A: Monofluid, R+Y: Deband

Mines(Gizonde Merge replaces Rafoie Merge): A: Normal attack, Y: Rafoie, R+A: Gizonde, R+Y: Deband

Vol Opt: See mines, but replace Rafoie with some type of mate for use in case of Shock and a couple of Angel/Minds with lightning resist units.

Ruins(Back to the Rafoie Merge and Angel/Minds): A: Normal attack, Y: Grants, R+A: Rafoie, R+Y: Rabarta, Gizonde pulled from menu when needed.

Dark Falz: I don't know. I've only done Normal Falz so far, and I just used the Melee set-up, but with an autogun and a quick switch from Shifta to Barta as the R+A button before he started in on his attacks. He died too quickly to worry about anything he did. :-P ...And didn't do anything but his Heaven's Punishment move, the fool. If he'd frozen me with Rabarta and immediately Rafoied me like he usually likes to do, he might have successfully killed me. As it was, I was still plenty alive after his attack. Silly Falz.

Anyways. My customizations for a FOmar. Your mileage, as has already been stated, will probably vary(For one, you may not have a L78 HUmar to donate weapons, units, MAGs and 4-slot frames found along the way. >_>;)