PDA

View Full Version : DEF for mag problem

no1
May 11, 2003, 03:59 AM
I am trying to raise a Diwari mag. For this DEF+POW=DEX+MIND. The thing is that I am creating a MIND mag. I want to increase the DEF instead of POW. However, the thing that increases DEF the most is antiparalysis and only by 6. It takes ages to level up just one point.Should I continue to increase DEF and just have to bend to the fact it is going to take ages? Or should i just increase POW and get it over and done with.

I am Redria, the mag in question is a Ushasu (damn ugly thing), with 19/0/4/34 stats. I know I need a Female Ranger to create a diwari it but I will do that at the end.

Conclusion: Should I keep increasing DEF or switch over to POW to raise a MIND mag for my new mage?

Yoda86
May 11, 2003, 06:40 AM
DEF is a pretty useless stat on a MAG in my opinion. POW would be a lot more useful so I would suggest you do that instead of DEF.

Usually when I am making a MAG I just let the DEF stat do whatever it wants to do as I raise the other stats.

scmfxt
May 11, 2003, 07:00 AM
On 2003-05-11 04:40, Yoda86 wrote:
DEF is a pretty useless stat on a MAG in my opinion. POW would be a lot more useful so I would suggest you do that instead of DEF.

Usually when I am making a MAG I just let the DEF stat do whatever it wants to do as I raise the other stats.

Ah... another power hungry player. I hate to admit it when people like him are the 1st to die because they didn't have the defense to withstand the attack. Sorry, I dont mean to go down on you. I just hate playing with people who think power is everything. Power is nothing if you're dead.. lol

Anyways, get your DEF mag already made and get it over with. You may need it for your new character later on.

Neverwinter
May 13, 2003, 06:14 AM
I dont know if this is useful at all but wouldnt a sol atomitizer rais DEF? it wrks for my Kabanda....(i am most likely wrong)

Electron
May 13, 2003, 07:00 AM
If you want a rare mag it can be a little tricky to raise a mag. The best (and easiest) way would be to start on a new mag and only give it monofluids. Then it will become a 15/0/0/185. But if you want a rare mag that evolves at 50/0/0/50 you must be ready to work hard. If the mag is for a force, imo power is pretty useless.