PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing something wrong?

s3rial_one
May 11, 2003, 11:17 AM
I've been running the Forest of Sorrow quest obsessively over the past week or so. I've now done it a total of 102 times. That's 16 Hildelts per trip; 192 dead Hildelts, in total, plus a couple hundred assorted Gulgus-Gues, Bartles, Barbles, and Tollaws.

On my 7th trip through, I got my first God/Battle. On my 13th trip through, I got my second God/Battle. I've also picked up Kaladbolgs, Inferno Bazookas, Diskas of Liberator, Diskas of Braveman, a Red Handgun, and an AddSlot... in the first 30 runs.

The previous 72 runs have yet to yield a SINGLE red box. No AddSlots, no Photon Drops, no rares... not a damned thing. I can understand a string of bad luck, but this is absurd.

Is there some sort of trick to getting reds to drop that I'm unaware of? I've ever gone even half this long without seeing a red box before.

rena-ko
May 11, 2003, 11:23 AM
hm, according to the window theory ... you should look in another area now...

and according to the 'its just luck'-theory... continue your tries, you're just not lucky enough in the moment ^_^

ABDUR101
May 11, 2003, 11:24 AM
Thats the luck of the draw. I've been through Ultimate Forest and Caves so many times in the past week without seeing a red box, and then just last night I had two Dragon Slayers and a Justy within 10 minutes of each other, in Forest 1(Dragon Slayers) and then Forest 2(Justy).

Shattered_weasel
May 11, 2003, 11:55 AM
a very funny thing rare hunting is

Saulot
May 11, 2003, 12:10 PM
I can't even count the number of times i've gone through any of the levels on Ultimate. Just the other day one my step-daughter had a friend over who made mention that her brother had PSO on the GC, so for laughs I stuck in one of my old characters, and I happened to find a Silence Claw in a box in the first area of Forest 1 and a God/Luck in a box in the second area of Forest 1.

Rljohn
May 11, 2003, 12:16 PM
just last night i had 6 rares in one forest run and i didnt get any in my 4 runs today....luck of the draw, then again my forest run had 3 dragon slayers, 2 cross scars and a PD which isnt even worth it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Klakalou
May 11, 2003, 12:18 PM
when i play online, its quite common to run through forest, caves, and mines, without seeing a single rare.

Efton
May 11, 2003, 05:01 PM
Ive been through about 4 or 5 runs in the Mine on Hard with out finding a single a rare. Before those runs i had gotten 3 rares in 1 run. I guess its just my bad luck. Ah well, im offline, so hopefully it is better online.

CGoodness
May 11, 2003, 07:19 PM
The most rares i ever found in one run was 4 in the Ruins. They were:

DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber

wooo I HATE BEING YELLOWBOZE!!

Saulot
May 11, 2003, 08:34 PM
My most astonishing/surprising rare find was when I actually managed to find a Double Saber in Cave 1 on Normal once with a BLUEFUL Section ID.

Robomonke
May 11, 2003, 09:03 PM
I found 2 god/minds in the same room.

In caves 2 when you have to step on the switch to unlock a door in the main room and you come back and a rng of lilies drop down, there were two nar lilies waiting for my pinkal FOnewm. Of course that was monthes ago and i havent found crap since.

critter
May 11, 2003, 09:36 PM
i been working on getting my humar up in ult. forest and ive been goin fo months and i hadnt found one stag cutlery...finally i found one friday so im happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SubstanceD
May 12, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-05-11 17:19, CGoodness wrote:

DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber

Trust me pal, it's not just Yellowboze that gets flooded with DB Sabre's, I almost had a nervous breakdown because all I kept finding were DB Sabre's. I don't know what's worse finding nothing but DB Sabre's or finding no Rares at all.

muff
May 12, 2003, 03:33 PM

DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber

Meh, stick with it i find yellowboze to be quantity over quality,LOL.
My best run was 7 rares in mines http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif on VHard
And I once saw a love rappy, a mil lilly and a Pal rappy in the space of an hour, which all dropped rares.

CorneliusPower
May 12, 2003, 03:37 PM
What would give you the idea your doing something wrong?
Rares are rares, I think hats why they call them that. No red box is guaranteed. I think your fortunate you found as many god/battles as you have. Congrats on that.

Bahamutg
May 12, 2003, 09:33 PM
I find Varista's and Crush Bullet's like crazy..but I have my stag cultery though...so im happy.

kat
May 12, 2003, 10:45 PM

DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber
DB's Saber

I love my Yellowboze ID - gotten some pretty cool stuff, in addition to the DB's sabers and the Brionics....

What I have with my Pinkel Ranger is pure misery - wands and that nice 'rare' club of laconium, two dropped in a 10 min period.