PDA

View Full Version : The Retired Hunter

jediknight007
May 11, 2003, 03:57 PM
Hi, I would just like to know if there's any difference between choosing ?? and !! when speaking to Donoph at the beginning. Does your choice affect something later in life like telling your name to Sue in the Unsealed Door quest? Also, I have already done this on Normal but now I'm doing it on Hard but I seem to have forgotten whether you only need to go to Ruins 3 or to another part of Ruins to kill 99 monsters because I just tried doing it on Hard and I only needed about 10 more monsters but I ran out of monsters to kill and had to quit the quest with 10 seconds left.

Soukosa
May 11, 2003, 04:21 PM
I don't think the response to "!!" or "??" affects much. You also only play in Ruins 3 and there's only 99 enemies there.

Jecht
May 11, 2003, 05:09 PM
If you run out of monsters to kill, open items then look at Area Map. Look for parts of the map that are missing.

jediknight007
May 11, 2003, 07:53 PM
It's ok now. I have managed to find all 99 monsters and complete the quest. It seems that I didn't wait long enough in the large round room at the end for more monsters to appear. Anyways, thanks everyone for the help.