PDA

View Full Version : SIGS WITH TABLES

Saladwood
May 11, 2003, 05:53 PM
We've been having WAY too many problems with people using tables in their sigs improperly, messing up whichever topic they post in.

PLEASE MAKE SURE IT WORKS AFTER YOU PUT IT UP!

If this continues, we will have to disable the use of tables in EVERYONE'S sigs.

Lolita has been the one who has been fixed them. They usually don't have a closing tag, or missing an ending row tag, OR don't even have an opening table tag. IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO KEEP FIXING PEOPLE'S SIGS LIKE THIS!

So again, if this continues, we will have to start disabling table tags in sigs. So unless you want everyone to be pissed off at you for ruining tables in sigs for everyone, MAKE SURE IT WORKS!

Yoda86
May 12, 2003, 06:13 AM
Just in case anyone was wondering the flag to end a table which goes at the very end of the body of code is this:

</table>

and of course we all know how to start a table

<table>

Guntz348
May 12, 2003, 02:57 PM
I know I had seen a template for the table sigs somewhere around here, so I found it and figured I'd stick it in here. This should make things a bit easier.

On 2003-04-02 19:08, 2Xtreme wrote:
Here is the code for a signature like mightyJoeDunn's:

<TABLE BORDER=1 WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT=" *">
<TR>
<TD>http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/avatar/36.gif</TD>
<TD>HUnewearl (<FONT COLOR=#00FF00>Greennil</FONT>)
Level 62
Weapon of Choice: <FONT COLOR=#FFCC33>Yamato+40</FONT>
MAG: <FONT COLOR=#FFcc33>Apsaras</FONT> Level 200</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

Yoda86
May 13, 2003, 04:46 PM
Heh, actually I was the one who started that sig with the help of VulpesMundi. I had so many requests for the code to that sig and decided to give it out.

Soukosa
May 20, 2003, 01:44 AM
People could always do what I did and just make an image of it and link to that image. Of course, I had to that with mine, since the HTML code to make it is so complicated that it wouldn't fit within the signature character limit. Seriously though, I have already seen a little demo of someone missing a tag in their table and how it messed the layout of that page.

Delsaber
May 25, 2003, 03:01 PM
I have a code generator located at http://www20.brinkster.com/davidv0/sig_maker.html that will make a sig like the one the code above creates.