PDA

View Full Version : what am I doing wrong here?

CGoodness
May 11, 2003, 08:07 PM
Today I did all of the quests needed to get soul eater and beat Kireek in all the quests up to from the depths. I looked through both stages and didn't find him. (I'm using the walkthrough from this site)
I completed the quest and still couldn't find him. so i got my meseta and called it a day. Can someone help me?

Jecht
May 11, 2003, 08:20 PM
Well, I really have no idea what you did wrong or what could be the problem. Unfortunately you saved it, and completed the quest.

Oh well, you still got 3 modes to try it.

Besides that, it's not really worth it to get the Soul Eater, it's only worth it to beat Kireeks sorry tail.

CGoodness
May 11, 2003, 08:32 PM
this is my second try (hard mode) and ive beaten every quest so cant i just try again tomorrow when i figure out what i did wrong? i thouoght the only unchangable thing was telling sue your name (which i didnt)

rena-ko
May 12, 2003, 06:32 AM
yeah, you have to beat certain quests in a certain order and you should get to the final battle with kireek after that.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881

and the soul eater is nice for starting melee-forces - FOmar or FOmarl... its the only partisan-type weapon they can use and i really liked mine back in the v2 days.

CGoodness
May 12, 2003, 02:36 PM
but i did do them all right following that guide and it all worked with all the battles and such up to from the depths cuz i didnt see him there. i know what to do it just didnt work for some reason.

ShadowCaster
May 12, 2003, 02:58 PM
Well first, i'm pretty sure the two guys (ASH and KIREEK a.k.a. Black Hound) are in Ruins 1 or 2, not 3 (where you finish the quest).

Second, When you end the quest the map is positioned so you don't see the two very easily i.e

Ash and Kireek
> ^

You
>

So you can't see very well...

CGoodness
May 12, 2003, 08:12 PM
the quest in ruins 2 and 3
and i have no clue what you just told me...

VulpesMundi
May 12, 2003, 08:38 PM
IF you told Sue your name in Dr. Osto's Research, completed the quest, and saved your game, the system will save that variable to your character's data and you will be forever stuck with it (ie. you can't come back later and tell Sue your name and get the Sue sub-plot on that same difficulty). Theoretically you should be able to, even after clearing all the quests, go back and get your Soul Eater. At the end of From the Depths Ash will run off to look for survivors. You chase him back into Ruins 2, where he and Kireek will be waiting about 1/3 of the way from the beginning (about 2/3 of the way from where you appear when you return from Ruins 3). Just use the Item Pack > Area Map to follow the route you took until you spot their arrows in a small room. Another way to check if they're on the map is to use the word select. Their names will appear on the name list if they're there. If Ash and Kireek do not show up then you may need to go back an re-clear other quests where Kireek appears. Try Black Paper first. If Kireek appears on the first floor, defeat him, finish the quest, then save your progress and try From the Depths again. That's about all the advice I can give you.

CGoodness
May 13, 2003, 02:43 PM
does it work if i get to ruins 2 via the city or no? cuz thats what i did and he wasnt there i went to ruins 2 through the telepipe then the city.

VulpesMundi
May 13, 2003, 03:42 PM
Honestly, I don't know. I've always ran back through Ruins 3 and teleported back to Ruins 2 and I've never failed to see Ash and Kireek appear. Try replaying the quest and doing that and see if they appear or not and you'll have the answer.

CGoodness
May 14, 2003, 03:22 PM
ok thank you