PDA

View Full Version : Indi Belras

Soukosa
May 12, 2003, 12:46 AM
Whenever I get the layout of Temple Beta that has one on the other side of the bridge, after you hit the orange gate switch, I can never get up close to it, where I can take it out fairly easily, without getting clobbered by its hands. Can anyone provide any help on killing it? I've just been hiding behind part of wall where I can't get hit by them and put can still hit it with Zonde, which I don't really like doing since it greatly sucks down my TP (takes about 20 hits to kill it off) and it just feels a bit cheap to me.

polishedweasel
May 12, 2003, 01:03 AM
If you're a FO, that's the only thing that you can do until you get stronger. If you're a FOmar or Fomarl you can mow it down with some mechguns. Also, what lv are you?

Soukosa
May 12, 2003, 01:37 AM
This would be with my HUnewearl (see my sig).

Edit: Mechguns won't reach from this spot, I've tried using a Bravace, but I just end up getting hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalonera on 2003-05-11 23:51 ]</font>

IceBlink
May 12, 2003, 02:00 AM
Back on DC, if you stood still and fairly far out of it's melee attack range, the arms would fly either side of you and never hit... does that still work in Gamecube mode? o_O

Polenicus
May 12, 2003, 02:03 AM
On 2003-05-11 23:37, Kalonera wrote:
This would be with my HUnewearl (see my sig).

Edit: Mechguns won't reach from this spot, I've tried using a Bravace, but I just end up getting hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalonera on 2003-05-11 23:51 ]</font>

Bleh, that's always an ugly situation. Usually I try zig zagging towards it, but I'm ALWAYS guaranteed to get tagged a few times before getting to it (always run at the extreme left or right and zag just as he raises his arm to fire. Is TOUGH with Indra's). Hotkey gibarta or rabarta and pray you can freeze the bugger.

As for Zonde being cheap... isn't it cheap for him to be there in the first place?

polishedweasel
May 12, 2003, 09:02 AM
Have you considered using all of your support techniques? Some people don't ever think to use them. SD and JZ + Mechguns= Bloody mess. That's a really all I have to say.

Droxitr
May 12, 2003, 09:12 AM
On 2003-05-12 00:00, IceBlink wrote:
Back on DC, if you stood still and fairly far out of it's melee attack range, the arms would fly either side of you and never hit... does that still work in Gamecube mode? o_O

Nah, they fly in an angled path, so that if both arms were fired, it forms a triangle. Best bet (worked for me) is standing the closest possible while still getting it to fire arms and make a tiny adjustment to the opposite direction. I know it works, because I have never gotten hit by a Belra's claw except for when I didn't notice it was in the room once. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't understand what the big deal over Belras are anyway... their claw deals damage to other monsters, so I usually use it to kill the damn Delsabers. Hehe, block THIS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s3rial_one
May 12, 2003, 09:32 AM
I'm with polished weasel... if your J/Z are high enough, you can really gimp that belra (or just about anything else, for that matter). Whip out some mechguns, J/Z him, and go to town. He'll go down fast.

Omni-SqwirL
May 12, 2003, 09:50 AM
On the Xbox version, you can just stand there and cast Zonde without him hitting you. Works Great with 3 Idni Belras in one room, cept with Gizonde.

Reenee
May 12, 2003, 10:01 AM
Indi Belras are like Ob Lillies: get close to them. REAL close. Like "stand behind them" close. It's so easy.

polishedweasel
May 12, 2003, 10:51 AM
On 2003-05-12 07:12, Droxitr wrote:

On 2003-05-12 00:00, IceBlink wrote:

Nah, they fly in an angled path, so that if both arms were fired, it forms a triangle. Best bet (worked for me) is standing the closest possible while still getting it to fire arms and make a tiny adjustment to the opposite direction. I know it works, because I have never gotten hit by a Belra's claw except for when I didn't notice it was in the room once. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't understand what the big deal over Belras are anyway... their claw deals damage to other monsters, so I usually use it to kill the damn Delsabers. Hehe, block THIS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Are you even in Ultimate yet? They don't hit their friends anymore. And they shoot their arms repeatedly nonstop. Almost like a belra rapid fire. All you can do is strafe and smack. Or if you're strong enough, just go head to head with the ugly mofo.

s3rial_one
May 12, 2003, 10:56 AM
They don't hit their friends anymore.

...something everyone finds out the hard way when that damned ob lilly that's hiding behind the wall of those fatass vulmers rails you with megid from halfway across the room...

*grumbles*

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
May 12, 2003, 11:20 AM
Im with Polishedweasel too.I was getting beat up real bad, until I recently started using J/Z on everything that moves in the room.It works really well.

(Heh,heh eat this Indy Belra) ^_^

Malkavian
May 12, 2003, 12:07 PM
I played temple ULT and beat it many times. And I just stand quiet and he misses always. The problem is of others enemies chase you, but for something I have traps haha

Soukosa
May 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-05-12 00:03, Polenicus wrote:
Bleh, that's always an ugly situation. Usually I try zig zagging towards it, but I'm ALWAYS guaranteed to get tagged a few times before getting to it (always run at the extreme left or right and zag just as he raises his arm to fire.

I'll give that a try next time I come to this situation. Thanks for help.

As for Zonde being cheap... isn't it cheap for him to be there in the first place?

Heh, good point.

Ferinal
May 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
He never hit's me if I'm in front of him, they always go to either side.

For the two in that room, I take out the lillies first and then run in to the center of the two. Take them out with a decent gun.

My favorite room is the one with the barrier on the delay timer that locks you in. That room is fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif