PDA

View Full Version : GC: Is this normal?

ninjaklay
May 12, 2003, 08:24 AM
Alrighty, I've been trying to get my paws on a Syncesta for some time. My char is Oran, Lvl 103 HUmar. I read up and found that the way to get it would be to find myself a Hildertor and kill it. So, over the past few weeks, i've played the forrest of sorrow quest about 30 times, i've tried piping for 2 hours straight, and I've played through the forest (on ult for all,of course) at least 3-5 times. Is this normal NOT to see a hildertor? It just seems like i've played so much and i havent even come across one. Thanks.

Ropponmatsu
May 12, 2003, 08:36 AM
Very! It's just a matter of chance, so keep trying, eventually you'll get lucky!

polishedweasel
May 12, 2003, 08:37 AM
I've noticed that you find rare monsters more often when you aren't looking for them. Ive found about 6 hildetorrs in the last two weeks. But they don't drop anything that I care for. Just keep trying, or just trade for what you need.

Auracom
May 12, 2003, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm... thats rough but thats just how PSO is. I'm looking for a Frozen Shooter right now from one of my Hildetorr.

********TIP bring scrapedolls when your hunting... wouldn't wanna get slapped my hildetorr and die

ninjaklay
May 12, 2003, 03:17 PM
Are hildertorrs that much stronger? (that i'd haveta worry about being killed?)

Davion
May 12, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-05-12 13:17, ninjaklay wrote:
Are hildertorrs that much stronger? (that i'd haveta worry about being killed?)

They stand amongst the most powerful creatures on Ragol. They also spit high level megid, so bring scape dolls.

LamerPanda
May 12, 2003, 03:54 PM
I've played FOS countless times and piped for ~5 hours total now, and still haven't seen one. I'm thinking I must have piped past a few without noticing it, or maybe killed some and they just dropped meseta. o_o They're pretty rare and apparently they rarely drop what you actually want.

Ah, well. Someday, I'll find one... I get FS from it, I'm looking for two for my other characters. Actually, I need something like 3 total, so I could make a Snow Queen as well. x_x