PDA

View Full Version : Twinkle Star

Eumcoz
May 12, 2003, 09:12 AM
can someone tell me how to make a twinkle star? i have the star amp, i don't understand the rest of it, and is it better if i use a sceptor rather then a wand? please explain, and thanks in advance.

Vanango
May 12, 2003, 10:47 AM
On 2003-05-12 07:12, Eumcoz wrote:
can someone tell me how to make a twinkle star? i have the star amp, i don't understand the rest of it, and is it better if i use a sceptor rather then a wand? please explain, and thanks in advance.

it doesn't matter. Nothing carries over except the % which don't matter since it isn't used for hitting. The only difference is what lvl FO you play and how many grinders you need to use to make the weapon. So if my lvl 120 fo makes a twinkle star w/ a scepter and your lvl 80 fo makesit out of a wand, they will turn out the same (except most likely different %, which again, don't matter)

Eumcoz
May 12, 2003, 11:02 AM
ok thx, and what fo would be better to make, FOnewearl, or FOnewm, i was thinking about FOnewm because they are better later in the game right?(rafoie dmg increase)

Webapprentice
May 12, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-05-12 08:47, Vanango wrote:

On 2003-05-12 07:12, Eumcoz wrote:

it doesn't matter. Nothing carries over except the % which don't matter since it isn't used for hitting. The only difference is what lvl FO you play and how many grinders you need to use to make the weapon. So if my lvl 120 fo makes a twinkle star w/ a scepter and your lvl 80 fo makesit out of a wand, they will turn out the same (except most likely different %, which again, don't matter)

Don't waste a star amp in creating a Twinkle Star with no %. Later scepters do have %, so it's still worthwhile to make a Twinkle Star with one of those.

If you are a FOmar or FOmarl, Force weapons can be used in melee.

CrazyJ
May 12, 2003, 03:28 PM
how someone can call themself a veteran and then say that % on a FO weapon doesn't matter is beyond me.

If you EVER need to melee shouldn't you at least have some % on your weapon?

sheesh.

neko-chan
May 12, 2003, 04:08 PM
Do you mean Vanango? Well, she didn't call "herself", "Veteran Fighter" is the normal title that this board assigns to a user with more than 200 posts. You should have the same if you'd get rid of your "Mechgun Maniac".

As for percents I think it's always better to have some. Hit percents, maybe, because the TWINKLE STAR's special attack is a phisycal attack.

However, playing as a FOnewearl, I never used any of the phisycal attacks, except for destroying boxes. But RAfoie works better. ^_^

As for not "wasting" the Star Amp, well... TWINKLE STAR is the easiest item to obtain using a Star Amp, since anyone can buy or find Force weapons. In order to make the BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE, you need to first find a SPIRIT GARMENT, which is not the easiest item to hunt.

TWINKLE STAR is a good Force weapon, not only because it looks fancy ^_^ but it also boosts all the three basic techniques.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-05-12 14:10 ]</font>

Webapprentice
May 12, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:08, neko-chan wrote:
As for not "wasting" the Star Amp, well... TWINKLE STAR is the easiest item to obtain using a Star Amp, since anyone can buy or find Force weapons. In order to make the BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE, you need to first find a SPIRIT GARMENT, which is not the easiest item to hunt.

I was stating that using Star Amplifier to make a Twinkle Star with no % is wasteful since there are scepters with high % that can be gotten and used to make the item. I'm not saying that making a Twinkle Star is wasteful.

neko-chan
May 12, 2003, 04:25 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:18, Webapprentice wrote:
I was stating that using Star Amplifier to make a Twinkle Star with no % is wasteful since there are scepters with high % that can be gotten and used to make the item. I'm not saying that making a Twinkle Star is wasteful.

x_x

Sorry, I think my brain is getting rotten someway... if that smell is not coming from my feet, I really think it's coming from my brain. >_>;

Vanango
May 13, 2003, 07:47 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:08, neko-chan wrote:
Do you mean Vanango? Well, she didn't call "herself", "Veteran Fighter" is the normal title that this board assigns to a user with more than 200 posts. You should have the same if you'd get rid of your "Mechgun Maniac".

As for percents I think it's always better to have some. Hit percents, maybe, because the TWINKLE STAR's special attack is a phisycal attack.

However, playing as a FOnewearl, I never used any of the phisycal attacks, except for destroying boxes. But RAfoie works better. ^_^

TWINKLE STAR is a good Force weapon, not only because it looks fancy ^_^ but it also boosts all the three basic techniques.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-05-12 14:10 ]</font>

Thanks Neko Chan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. If you are a melee force you probably want to be hitting things with something better than a twinkle star. If you really do want to go right ahead, but for me it's easier and faster breaking boxes with magic. I never have an "attack" button set for my fo. *shrug*

If you don't have a spirit garment go for the twinkle star, just letting you know your options and later along the lines when you might want one realize that you used it for the twinkle star etc. *shrug* just trying to be helpful.

Either way, good luck

somerandomplayername
May 13, 2003, 10:18 PM
Heh, a FOnewearl meleeing, with a twinkle star no less. Thats a good one CrazyJ.

Soukosa
May 14, 2003, 12:00 AM
Why would anyone want to melee with a wand? I can't even do any damage with the wands I use with my FOnewearl.