PDA

View Full Version : Best FO Wep

ShadowCaster
May 12, 2003, 01:38 PM
I read on another forum that Caduceous, Sorcerer's Cane and Psycho Wand, were the three best weps for Forces. Well I recently aqcuired a Caduceous, it is now my satple weapon and was wonderin, HOW IS THIS ONE OF THE MOST COVETED WEAPONS IN PSO? Aside from the fact hat it boosts grants (and it doesn't boost it much) it pretty much sux. So how can it be good enough to make the top 3!?!? Can someone enlighten me. Oh and by th by, it's special is the same as Hildebear Cane (my ex-staple weapon) and it is a little bit stronger. So... Input. Maybe it's not one of the most coveted weapons of the game. But oh well

incognito32
May 12, 2003, 02:37 PM
hildebear foie seems a little bit stronger and easier to control than caduceus foie. if i want my force to cast only 2 grants 26 to send hildelt (offline) to sleep, is using caduceus and wearing either mind sato, or kumara.

CGoodness
May 12, 2003, 02:58 PM
My level 35 FOnewm uses a Heart Lockgun... I'm not too fond of canes.

CrazyJ
May 12, 2003, 03:27 PM
because most Fo weapons suck anyhow.

Cadeceus actually seems to have a fast combo, making it better than average for FO melee

Tulathis
May 12, 2003, 04:18 PM
I read on another forum that Caduceous, Sorcerer's Cane and Psycho Wand, were the three best weps for Forces.
That definitely wouldn't be my top three. I'd have to say the best three force weapons are the Psycho Wand (FOnewm especially), Dark Bridge (especially for FOmar), and the Summit Moon (FOnewearl). I don't have a FOmarl, but I would imagine that a Dark Bridge would be one of her best weapons as well.

Webapprentice
May 12, 2003, 04:28 PM
Summit Moon is one of the best FO weapons.
I believe Dark Bridge doesn't even combo.

CGoodness
May 12, 2003, 08:15 PM
whats dark bridge?

CrazyJ
May 12, 2003, 08:42 PM
On 2003-05-12 18:15, CGoodness wrote:
whats dark bridge?

the goofiest looking weapon ever.

check the item database for pics.

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-05-12 18:42, CrazyJ wrote:

On 2003-05-12 18:15, CGoodness wrote:
whats dark bridge?

the goofiest looking weapon ever.

check the item database for pics.

Also quite a nicew FOrce cane/wand/whatever it is(I'm ignorant!)...

SammaeltheDark
May 13, 2003, 12:41 AM
I'm going for a Magical Piece for my FOmar right now. Someone please reassure me that it does boost GI techs and stacks witht he FOmar's bonus to GI techs. ^_^

I gave up on weapons that effect casting cost now that I see how much TP my FOmar has... and he's not even at max MST. I'd much rather take weapons that boost damage.

HaLLa
May 13, 2003, 12:42 AM
I would say Psyho Wand is best

but sometimes I use them cause they look cool (other ones) like D FOrk

Maki_Nomiya
May 13, 2003, 01:28 AM
Psycho Wand/Dark Bridge, Magical Piece, Sumit moon (Fonewearl)

jDA025
May 13, 2003, 05:54 AM
SIGH OF A GOD RULEZZ!!...i like this weapon because of gizonde...FOmar

Asia_Skyly
May 13, 2003, 10:14 AM
If you are a battle Force, such as myself a FOmar, you GOT to get a Double Saber. By FAR the best force weapon.

Rune-blade
May 13, 2003, 04:26 PM
Yes, the Magical Piece does stack and adds 30% to GI techs. Best FO weapon for Fomar IMO.

eXo
May 13, 2003, 07:32 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:18, Tulathis wrote:

I read on another forum that Caduceous, Sorcerer's Cane and Psycho Wand, were the three best weps for Forces.
That definitely wouldn't be my top three. I'd have to say the best three force weapons are the Psycho Wand (FOnewm especially), Dark Bridge (especially for FOmar), and the Summit Moon (FOnewearl). I don't have a FOmarl, but I would imagine that a Dark Bridge would be one of her best weapons as well.

Hmmm crap I just recently found my psychowand and now you are saying that DarkBridge is better for a FOmar why http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Hmmm so now I might have to make another character http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Soukosa
May 13, 2003, 08:52 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:18, Tulathis wrote:

I don't really think a certain weapon is good for just one FO class. I think that you should use the weapons to extend the tech boosting to other areas instead of just building onto of the boosts already there, but that's just me.

eXo
May 13, 2003, 09:29 PM
I agree with you kalonera , because I also think that it is better to boost my weak crappy FOmar Ra Techs up a bit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tulathis
May 14, 2003, 01:11 AM
I don't really think a certain weapon is good for just one FO class. I think that you should use the weapons to extend the tech boosting to other areas instead of just building onto of the boosts already there, but that's just me.
No, I don't mean to say that a certain weapon is only good for a certain class of Force, only that it is probably the most beneficial to that particular class because of their inherant spell bonuses. I definitely think all three of those weapons are a great choice for any force, but if you have those weapon/Force combinations you will be especially effective and TP efficient. A FOnewm with a Psycho Wand and a Rafoie Merge or a FOnewearl with a Foie Merge and a Summit Moon (or a Fire Scepter) is incredibly effective. A FOmar or FOmarl isn't bad with either of those combination either, but it's still best to built on a particular classes strenghts rather than trying to balance them out. That's what the other characters in the group are for.

HaLLa
May 14, 2003, 01:25 AM
Hmmm crap I just recently found my psychowand and now you are saying that DarkBridge is better for a FOmar why Hmmm so now I might have to make another character

Psycho Wand is better than Dark Bridge. I dont care what kind of FO you are.

When I had Psycho Wand equipped it did more damage than Dark Bridge.

Tulathis
May 14, 2003, 01:32 AM
When I had Psycho Wand equipped it did more damage than Dark Bridge.
When you were casting Ra spells, sure. But if you're casting Grants with a FOmar you'd be better off with a Psycho Wand. The Psycho Wand is probably a more well rounded weapon, if you don't mind the fact that it cannibalizes your HP. There's also the fact that the Psycho Wand is probably more within the realm of reality to obtain (legitimately.)

Maki_Nomiya
May 14, 2003, 08:20 AM
yeah psycho is better than Dark bridge, i do lot of damage more with a Psycho than a DBrid.

I miss my.. Magical piece http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Lost in Fsod..

Malkavian
May 14, 2003, 08:37 AM
What about Evil Curst? I saw it gives crazy atp O_o