PDA

View Full Version : Dark Fallz's Megid

CorneliusPower
May 12, 2003, 03:30 PM
Is it just me or just recently has Dark Fallz been OWNING with his megid. This past weak I've been power lvling and have been doing runs through the RUINS a lot! I'm lvl 163 now, last night I played with a lvl 199, I know this is gonna sound weeetarded but, does Dark Fallz somehow adjust his Bullsh**t according to your lvl. I mean Rabarta lvl 50 and Megid lvl 50! Hmmm.

CorneliusPower
May 12, 2003, 03:33 PM
Another thing to add...I am currently wearing Safety Heart and Love Heart.
Are these armors weak against Dark?
Also I 've never died from his megid as many times as I have till recently, usually i just stand there and let him throw it at me. He always missed till recently.

Hockster
May 12, 2003, 03:38 PM
Dark Faltz uses Megid? I've beaten him on Ultimate Mode and I've never seen him use it on me. Which form uses it?

Ropponmatsu
May 12, 2003, 03:42 PM
Where it rains down from the sky.

Yes, I played recently with some lvl 150+ and all of us were killed from one hit by his megid, we were all kinda psyched out but one of the players had a scape doll and revived us all, he seemed a lot stronger than usual but we still beat him.

CyntalanMaelstrom
May 12, 2003, 04:28 PM
That's just the purple shit of doom. It's a physical attack. Megid happens in form 4, when he's low on health, and looks/sounds similar to Nar Lily's megid. (he alternates between this when he's not in soul steal mode, it's fly up, homing repeater, megid, grants, come down, soul steal, fly back up, repeater, grants, come down, slashy slashy, fly back up, etc. etc.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyntalanMaelstrom on 2003-05-12 14:34 ]</font>

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 12, 2003, 04:36 PM
On 2003-05-12 14:28, CyntalanMaelstrom wrote:
That's just the purple shit of doom. It's a physical attack. Megid happens in form 4, when he's low on health, and looks/sounds similar to Nar Lily's megid. (he alternates between this when he's not in soul steal mode, it's fly up, homing repeater, megid, grants, come down, soul steal, fly back up, repeater, grants, come down, slashy slashy, fly back up, etc. etc.)

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I love your explination.hahaha

Whatley
May 12, 2003, 06:17 PM
Just run when he uses megid and you won't get hit. It won't follow you. I do it all the time.

brillyfresh
May 12, 2003, 07:14 PM
the purple shit of doom ...

not to be confused with "Divine Punishment" from the Heaven Punisher ........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-05-12 17:18 ]</font>

Raziel_Kai
May 13, 2003, 12:21 AM
Now that sucks...
getting crapped on by the almighty purple shit of doom http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

FO-RA-HUnightv
May 13, 2003, 12:45 AM
this proves my theary about ult gets harder as you became a higher lv

well megid lv gets higher.

thou it realy the only way you can die

Barubary6
May 13, 2003, 02:00 AM
I've never been killed by her Megid even when directly hit... I guess it's a low-level Megid.

-- Barubary

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 02:18 AM
Perhaps more Dark resist is required...

I dunno... *Chuckles* Purple shit of doom...

rena-ko
May 13, 2003, 03:32 AM
On 2003-05-12 22:45, FO-RA-HUnightv wrote:
this proves my theary about ult gets harder as you became a higher lv

i think thats true as well
i killed falz with lvl 130 or something like that - and yesterday with lvl 141. it was a bit harder this time (well, i had a varista 0 0 0 15 the first time, and a vulcan 0 0 0 40 45 this time)
also vol opt seemed to power up a little since once i wasnt lvl 139 anymore (but nothing problematic - first stage just seems a tad longer now).

about the megid...
well, got hit by it once (scapedoll -1, mag sync -5), and avoided it once. but its not scaring me too much that i would start to bring my delsaber shield for falz fights ^^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-13 01:45 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 03:37 AM
I've only seen Dark Falz' megid, it seems to come after she uses grants, correct? Or maybe there is not actual pattern, but I remember her shooting it at me a few times. I have personally never been killed by it though. :/

IceBlink
May 13, 2003, 03:42 AM
Dark Falz's megid is much much more effective in Ultimate...in hard and very hard, it's not even worth bothering about. o_O

Still, with good resistance, you still stand a good chance of the megid sizzling out on your armour... but megid still has the chance to kill. ^_^

I guess people are getting more careless/lazy when fighting DF nowadays. o_o

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 03:44 AM
The problem is people like having Resist/Holy or whatever the best one is for that. When they have that on though, then the Megid can easily penetrate and kill instantly.. :/

Well, I suggest having 60+ resistence to Dark. If you have spare room then I suggest God/HP if you've found any.

vidkid7
May 13, 2003, 07:33 AM
In Hard and V-Hard I've TRIED to get hit by the megid, to see if it works at all. NOTHING. I guess Falz's PSOD is more like Purple Shit of (Falz) Dying

IceBlink
May 13, 2003, 08:11 AM
Heh, people complain that Falz's megid is crap, and when it's upgraded in ultimate, they complain again. XD

Hockster
May 13, 2003, 10:13 AM
Hehe, well I might have to try and get his Megid to hit me on purpose later, as so far he has never killed me with it - even on Ultimate Mode. My Dark Resistance is 49 I think.

FluxGryphon
May 13, 2003, 10:45 AM
The Megid can only strike you in Ultimate. That is one of the added nasties that are tacked on to Ultimate Falz. Obviously the second form is faster and has three darvants attack you after each Rafoi and Gi(?)barta attack. Third form Ult Falz also has that annoying extra magic missile comet that tends to always hit. Recently I discovered if you run in a straight line you can avoid it more often...

At least the Megid is weak and easy to avoid. Like Whatley said, just run and it won't smack you dead.

There have been times when I got hit by it several times in a row and it didn't kill me until the unlucky third or fourth strike. Oops! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Asami
May 13, 2003, 01:41 PM
Here's some hits on fighting Dark Falz online:

Gear: Equip any shield that has high EFR and EIC, such as celestial shield, attribute wall, or custom barrier. Equip combonations of resist blizzard, resist burning, perfect resist, or cure/freeze.

Darvants: Stay alive by using dimates or trimates when ganged up, customize your action menu to have them handy.

First Form: Have one party member concentrate the attack on the darvants coming out of the main head, while the rest of the party shoot or hack away.

Second Form: This is the toughest form, but with luck and timely attacks this form can be easy. Run left or right of Dark Falz when it casts rabarta or rafoie. If your character survives the multihit blasts, keep moving foward to avoid the darvants, and use trimate or dimate. When your character is frozen, wiggle the analog stick to free yourself and use trimate or dimate.

Last Form: Stay behind a character with 1400+ HP during homing missiles. When Dark Falz soul steals one of the party members and it's in the air, run left or right to avoid the megid, this is easily done.

Last thing, try not to use mechguns during soul steal. Trying to get the last hit is never worth killing a team member and have him/her not getting the exp.