PDA

View Full Version : redria and the Pouifully Slime/Pouilly Slime in ult caves

ag3nt911
May 12, 2003, 07:56 PM
i've been doing about 6 hours of TPing and I've seen about 4 red slimes, all dropped nothing but 1 dropped 2000 mesetas. Is it normal for the slimes to drop NOTHING MOST OF THE TIME! I Really want the guard wave and the lavis cannon, but no luck :/ anyone have the same problem?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ag3nt911 on 2003-05-12 17:58 ]</font>

Blade_1
May 13, 2003, 02:02 AM
lol, 6 hours that all? i've easily seen 40 pouilly slimes by now with no lavis only ever got 1 guard wave from the normal slimes.

ag3nt911
May 13, 2003, 03:02 AM
yeah... such a drag huh D:

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 03:09 AM
Keep at it! And remeber:

To split the slimes use this tactic, it takes some getting used to but it works.
Wait for the slime to ready itself, and use a hard attack, when your attack is in mid-power-up(before it swings) hit right trigger that will stop it for doing any damage, then do that again. On the third attack, use soft attack... Taadaa, split slime...

And good luck!

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 03:30 AM
Heh... I haven't even seen a Pouilly Slime in any mode whatsoever. I'm kind of disappointed, it's the only rare enemy that I haven't seen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 03:40 AM
On 2003-05-13 01:30, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Heh... I haven't even seen a Pouilly Slime in any mode whatsoever. I'm kind of disappointed, it's the only rare enemy that I haven't seen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Funny thing is it was my first enemy, and out of the 3-4 I've seen so far, it's had the most recurrances, which would be 2.

VulpesMundi
May 13, 2003, 03:56 AM
On 2003-05-12 17:56, ag3nt911 wrote:
Is it normal for the slimes to drop NOTHING MOST OF THE TIME!

No, it's not. Rare enemies have a 100% drop rate (though what they drop is not necessarily going to be anything good). Slimes are a bit unique, however, in the way they work. If you split a slime and then kill the duplicates (or even let the slimes kill each other), the system will flag that enemy as dead and it will no longer drop items even if you reset the original enemy and split it again. The only advice I can give you is to not kill (or let the slimes kill) any of the slimes while you're using the TP trick on them (which is noted in the episode I guide). If one or more of the slimes gets killed, cut your losses and start over. It's better to take the time to run through and find the slimes again than to kill them and get nothing from them.

And for the record, it took me 22 Ultimate Redria Pouilly Slimes to get a Lavis Cannon.

rena-ko
May 13, 2003, 03:56 AM
hm, so far i stumbled over 1 red slime - gave me the exact amount of... 2492 Meseta... that was when my hunewearl was lvl.117 - she started to find good stuff in the caves when she passed lvl 130 (but i wasnt slime hunting so far... i could do that some times ^_^)

well, anyway... gizonde works wonders to split them but some seem to be immune to it... get a real crappy gun with a special - like dim or something that always misses in higher levels. so special, special, normal should split it in every case (except the dim-special magically works ^_^;)

ag3nt911
May 13, 2003, 11:27 AM
On 2003-05-13 01:56, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2003-05-12 17:56, ag3nt911 wrote:
Is it normal for the slimes to drop NOTHING MOST OF THE TIME!

No, it's not. Rare enemies have a 100% drop rate (though what they drop is not necessarily going to be anything good). Slimes are a bit unique, however, in the way they work. If you split a slime and then kill the duplicates (or even let the slimes kill each other), the system will flag that enemy as dead and it will no longer drop items even if you reset the original enemy and split it again. The only advice I can give you is to not kill (or let the slimes kill) any of the slimes while you're using the TP trick on them (which is noted in the episode I guide). If one or more of the slimes gets killed, cut your losses and start over. It's better to take the time to run through and find the slimes again than to kill them and get nothing from them.

And for the record, it took me 22 Ultimate Redria Pouilly Slimes to get a Lavis Cannon.

wow thats the answer ive been looking for the whole time! thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and those who did respond well OFF for the lavis and guard wave later today

ag3nt911
May 14, 2003, 06:29 PM
just a lil update, so far just doing NORMAL offline runs, ive yet to come across the Guard wave and any poily slimes :/ guess just bad luck. so the search continues!

GuN-BLaDe
May 14, 2003, 06:52 PM
I have only seen one Pouilly Slime and it droped nothing but meseta. But today i got lucky and found 2 nar lillies on the same run in vhard temple http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They both droped custom barriers.

ag3nt911
May 14, 2003, 07:03 PM
hehe its funny how all my runs, i've been able to find:

4 (FOUR!?) guilty lights (edit: make that 5 now D:)
1 durandal
1 cure/poison
1 asuka
1 demlolition comet (that makes 2/3 from mar lilys... talk about luck there)

UPDATE:
just got one poily slime (red one) and he just dropped 2k meseta :/
got another guilty light... *sigh*

yet, never came across even the guard wave! D: this is depressing. I really need the armor too since im a hunter :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ag3nt911 on 2003-05-14 17:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ag3nt911 on 2003-05-14 18:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ag3nt911 on 2003-05-14 19:45 ]</font>

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 09:50 PM
Dammit, a Custom Barrier...I've all but that. A Custom Frame waiting to be worn, and a hot as heck Custom Ray with 0/0/60/0/20...too bad I'm offline...

Hmm, Poulilly Slime, eh? Easy.

Hopefully you're not a Droid, cause Gibarta's your best friend.

Gibarta's the spell that splits the slimes in Ultimate (a different spell each time, but this one seems the most convenient). And the best place to find them is the Addicting Food quest. (considering, you didn't already beat it) If that option's long past, try the Soul of a Blacksmith Quest.

In Addicting Food and I think the SoaB quest as well, there should be a room somewhere in Caves 2 with TWO separate Pofuilly Slimes. 'Nuff Said.

Now, as for finding a GUARD WAVE off the plain slimes, it's not gonna come easy. Sure, being the REDRIAn you are, you find lotsa armors, but finding one off a plain enemy is gonna take bread. A V2 rare, much less a V2 armor, just isn't gonna come that often. And seeing how Pofuillys can be split to four, that probably pushes the odds of you finding it farther. Why? Cause the extra chances are extra chances at a Red Slime, and more EXP only. Likely, if ST made it as rare as on any other enemy, it wouldn't be too rare with quadruple the chances after all.

Now as for the "Blood Pudding", VulpesMundi just provided me with a great piece of info, as he's likely done for us all. My hat tips off to you tonight. Now I know the secret to making my Poulilly excavations MUCH more successful. It's not easy splitting 2 slimes into 8 before they start killing each other. Thus, when Red finally shows up, he's gonna be a stingy mofo and give up its germs but nothing more.

8 slimes doubles your maximum chances, but since they'll tear each other apart in no time like a circus act of comedic tradgedy, I highly recommend NO droids attempt facing 8 at once, or you're just wasting your time. This is best left off to Technique users, which my REDRIAn is, thank god.

Droids will do just fine with the usual 4, as long as they're controlled until the 4th pops out, then pipe back. My ORANite has done well with the Slimes. I've been concentrating on all other Rare enemies for the time, since it's more work and time for Droids to do the Slimes properly, but I have managed to get 12 of them. Hmm, only 12, I've been slacking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Because of what VulpesMundi mentioned, my finds have likely been critically hurt cause the other blue bastards got to Red in a previous life forst http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But so far, I've uncovered a RED SCORPIO as a PURPLENUMian RAcast, and for the ORANite, 2 Devil/Battles back to back in Very Hard (seems easy to nab, and still a great thing until you find God/Battle), and on Ultimate, a GUARD WAVE.

Yep, the ORANites can find it from Poulilly on Ultimate. My first V2 armor found, and the first of many! Huay Huay!...

o_o.....oh yeah, sorry ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-05-14 19:54 ]</font>

ag3nt911
May 14, 2003, 10:20 PM
im a droid D: but thats not stopping me hehe. Yeah i do agree its really hard (considering ive played bout 15 hours and yet to come by one D: soon i hope :/ i mean i split it and i get tons of armor (kings, dragons, shock) but not a red box yet D: and 5 red slimes and counting (no lavis D:) well i'll update soon i have a coutner-strike match right now lol

NeoPhatnutz
May 14, 2003, 10:26 PM
*Forehead smack*

The LAVIS CANNON, how did I forget finding that already? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Found it over at a friend's house after an extremely lucky 6 Reds

ag3nt911
May 14, 2003, 11:54 PM
*sigh*

maybe i should just quit going for the guard wave and just go to mines hopefully get a luminous plate there. :/

VulpesMundi
May 15, 2003, 03:57 AM
Gibarta and Rabarta both split slimes in every difficulty. They're more reliable than any other spells at splitting slimes.

Droid rangers actually have it fairly easily when splitting slimes. All you really need is a typical 5-shot shotgun-class weapon with one of the following stipulations: ????weapon (leave untekked), ?SPECIAL WEAPON (leave untekked), Spirit weapon, Charge weapon (while carrying no Meseta). With one of those just attack in the order Special, Special, Normal/Heavy. The first two attacks are guaranteed to miss while the third Normal or Heavy attack will split the slimes. And no matter what class you use, you should always set the Telepipe/Ryuker down before you even start to split the slimes. That way you can quickly leave before the slimes get the chance to attack each other.

NeoPhatnutz
May 15, 2003, 02:45 PM
My man, I could just kiss you. But that would be wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I gotta tell you though, that info bit on the Freeze spells will definitely come in handy now. Now I won't even have to be facing the slimes when I freeze. And the Shot method is just pure genius. With the Parts of Baranz I just picked up 20 minutes ago, that news couldn't have come at a better time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif