PDA

View Full Version : XBox: XBox PSO Patch could erase your character!!!

MikeE3D
May 13, 2003, 01:59 AM
I was playing online and this guy was telling me that sega is releasing a patch. If your character has a duped/hacked item, your character would be erased. He said the patch is to come out on the 15 of May. He also said that to find out if you have hacked items, you can call SEGA and have them look your account up, and they'll tell you if your legit or not. If anyone has info twords this, post it.

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 02:10 AM
I've got a few things to say about this:

1)Don't believe everything you hear... I can cite numerous instances in which there's been a huge buzz about a patch that's never come, but I won't, for there're (most likely) women and children present...

2)Well, sucks for dupers and duper users I guess... I've done very little playing, and absolutely NO trading, so I should be fine, and that's pretty much all that matters to me(Not really, please don't hate me for saying that).

3)How would MS/ST(whoever) KNOW you're using a dupe or not? It's not like they've got every item numbered and with an advanced system thingy, and that anyone with identical stuff will lose theirs or get deleted.

saffaya
May 13, 2003, 02:19 AM
Last I know, there is no hacked item on PSOX, only dupes.
And that story of patch looks awfully fishy.

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 02:21 AM
If such a thing is true, then I feel bad for the people who don't know about duping and trade for such an item.

Seriously, not everyone that plays PSO knows about PSOW or dupers...

Captain_Dude
May 13, 2003, 02:22 AM
On 2003-05-13 00:19, saffaya wrote:
And that story of patch looks awfully fishy.

People have edited their character files and gained access to things like christmass presents and what not that before we've even got a chance to see them. That's what was meant by hacked...

NekoHikari
May 13, 2003, 04:01 AM
Hexediting. The patch will eliminate all items on characters with extremely high %. By that I mean the items that were hexedited with % like 0/100/0/100/100.

This patch won't actually delete any characters. Also, if any items that were hexedited have no % at all, then they are safe. This includes any God units that you may have traded for and fear are hacked. While I would love to see all of those items disappear, it sadly won't happen. ST has no real way of differentiating between the hexedited items other than insane percentages. So don't worry about your character being deleted- it won't happen.

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 08:48 AM

Dur... have you actually played the game?

Weapons don't normally drop with stats like 0/0/100/100/100. Weapons like the Double Cannon, Black King Bar, Snow Qeeen, and Flame Garment are impossible to obtain in PSOX right now, legitimately.

Ferinal
May 13, 2003, 09:48 AM
Double cannon just needs a lavis cannon and 2 syncesta's which drop off mobs. While I have yet to see one I think they can be legit.

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 10:17 AM
Yeah, you're right... I was mixing my groups, but I'd be willing to bet the Double Cannons out there are just about as legit as the Dark Flows.

*rolls his eyes*

I feel safe in assuming that, at this point, all Dark Flows, Dark Meteors, Dark Bridges, Double Cannons, NUG-2000s, Baranz Launchers, etc. are hacked. Sure, there's probably a legit one somewhere, but the overwhelming majority of them are hacked.

Battledrill
May 13, 2003, 10:51 AM
My Dark Flow isn't legit?(sarcasm) I got it off a level 125 guy. I traded 2 god items, 15 grinders, Dragon Slayer and 10 materials. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vitamin_D
May 13, 2003, 10:53 AM
This sounds like what they did on Ver.2. When you transferred to Ver.2 from Ver.1 a similar thing happend. It didn't however erase dupes, because there's no way to identify it from a real one. It's a great first step IF it's true. But come on, you know people are gonna find away around it. That's just the way (PSO) things are.

saffaya
May 13, 2003, 12:13 PM
On 2003-05-13 08:17, s3rial_one wrote:
I feel safe in assuming that, at this point, all Dark Flows, Dark Meteors, Dark Bridges, Double Cannons, NUG-2000s, Baranz Launchers, etc. are hacked. Sure, there's probably a legit one somewhere, but the overwhelming majority of them are hacked.

Would you mind using 'Duped' instead of 'Hacked' ?
It's confusing.
Unless all of these are 3*100% of course.

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 12:36 PM
It's irrelevant.

There's no duping bug in PSOX; they're all 'hacked,' and since discovering how simple the actual hacking process is, I don't like referring to it that way, either, because it gives those people way to much credit for what they do.

rena-ko
May 13, 2003, 12:54 PM
this patch could only determine, if the character has banned items... even a 0 0 100 100 100 vulcan for example 'could' be possible, even if its unlikely.

ah yes, the chara transfer from v1 to v2 ^_^
i had a mag given to me or something (i did not made it myself)... and after i looked in my bank, everything was still there - and this mag suddenly had an IQ of 32k - it made invulnerable for the insane amount of around 4-5 hours (i'm to lazy to calculate that out right now)...

Aurra
May 13, 2003, 04:24 PM
On 2003-05-12 23:59, MikeE3D wrote:
He also said that to find out if you have hacked items, you can call SEGA and have them look your account up, and they'll tell you if your legit or not.

The problem with this story is that there is no foolproof way to tell if someone has duped/hacked items. Why is this? Fakes exist as legits.

There is technically no difference. Of course, it's usually a pretty safe bet that if you see a Lv50 HUmar with a Dreamcast mag, a Double Cannon, a TJ-Sword, and a BKB that the stuff is probably duped or hacked... but like I said, there is technically no way to prove it. Items aren't given serial numbers or anything else to differentiate them from other items in the game when they're found so they don't really have an identity.

It is possible (despite the extreme unlikelyhood) to find a 0/0/100/100/100 Lavis Cannon and 2 Syncestas. It will probably never be done, but in theory, it could be.

Unless Sega is planning on adding a way to tell all the items in the game from one another, there will never be a way to "call up Sega and have them tell you if you're legit or not."

TerribleDeliMeat
May 13, 2003, 04:48 PM
Sega could only banned items that don't exsist on xbox yet. Mag cells, PD-drop items, etc. are fair game

Anyone heard anything official about this "patch"?

Denny
May 13, 2003, 05:45 PM
I called Sega and asked about online updates and fixes. The only thing Tech Support Operator told me is that PSO could have various fixes in the same manner that NFL2K3 for Xbox did (I've never played NFL2K3 online so I have no idea what the fixes for the game were).

I also asked if they would use a similar tactic they used during the DC days (when a person pulled an illegal item out of the bank on the DC a little message flashed on the screen for everyone to read), but the TSO couldn't offer anything concrete. What she did mention really caught me off guard though.

According to her, Sega, Microsoft or any third party developer can take steps to deactivate gamertags if your game playing activities disrupt, hinder or cause damage to their online system! I think they are going to tie any illegal items notices in with the feedback system in order to catch people that may be editing or creating the weapons.

Is walking around with those Opa-Opa mags and edited weapons worth losing a gamertag over? I don't see what's the point in cheating a game like PSO in the first place. If walking around with a fake mag or weapon provides some sort of ego boost to a person then maybe they should take a break from the game. I want a Guilty Light for my RAmarl and one of those special canes for my FOnewearl, but if I don't ever find one, whooptyeffindo!

I just hope no legit players get their gamertags deleted because they have some edited mag or weapon that they got from another person.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-05-13 15:47 ]</font>

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 05:51 PM
As for the 300% weapons dropping, I seriously doubt that could ever happen. The highest I've ever even heard of someone legitimately finding had a total of 160% (it was something like 0/100/40/20). The highest I've ever seen personally was 125% (45/45/0/35). There's got to be a cut-off point somewhere.

ginko990
May 13, 2003, 06:02 PM
On 2003-05-13 15:51, s3rial_one wrote:
As for the 300% weapons dropping, I seriously doubt that could ever happen. The highest I've ever even heard of someone legitimately finding had a total of 160% (it was something like 0/100/40/20). The highest I've ever seen personally was 125% (45/45/0/35). There's got to be a cut-off point somewhere.

Hackers cant make weapons with 300 or more %'s combined. They can be found out. 300 or more is impossible.

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 06:27 PM
Yes, they can. I'm not talking about weapons that have 300% in a single attribute, but weapons that have 100% in several areas. Yesterday, someone tried to trade me a spread needle that was 0/0/100/100/100. Not only is it possible, but it's been done.

ginko990
May 13, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-05-13 16:27, s3rial_one wrote:
Yes, they can. I'm not talking about weapons that have 300% in a single attribute, but weapons that have 100% in several areas. Yesterday, someone tried to trade me a spread needle that was 0/0/100/100/100. Not only is it possible, but it's been done.

My mistake, they "can" do it, but then it can get detected. Ive talked to a hacker about it, he told me this, thats why his sange&yasha is only 0.95.100.100, along with his jsword and BKB.

dvs69
May 13, 2003, 07:06 PM
Bah I was waiting for this thread...I was trading my hacked demo comet +25 with 95% dark and some guy was yelling at me to trade him to him like next week to see if i still had it...the thing is...sega is too lazy to make a patch, better yet microsoft. Whichever company it is (i think m$) they are too lazy. In the past the GC DC PC all have been hacked and sadly psox's time has come...since day one...but think about it...even if they did delete all the duped items they dont re-encode the game...they can't once it is made so hacks will just be generated again and again and again. Even if one dupe method is erased...a new one is sure to pop

s3rial_one
May 13, 2003, 07:20 PM
The idea isn't to delete all the hacks, it's to delete most of the hacks, find the people creating them, and put penalties in place to actively discourage it.

Think about it: the capability to detect hacked items is there, to a degree. If Microsoft, say, warned you of detected hacked items (a la Ver2), and deleted said item, a lot of the hacks would disappear. If they temporarily banned your account for the second or third offenses, would you really want to go through the trouble of having a hacked item? If they outright banned your gamertag for numerous offenses, would people really want to keep creating the hacked items in the first place? Items that are impossible to get could be screen for, too.

Cheating will never be done away with, completely, but they could at least make the penalties severe enough to disinterest most people. That's the goal; without server-side character storage, it's the best they can do, and it would help out quite a bit.

Ginko,

Unless that guy you spoke to is actually aware of the upper limit of combined % on weapons, and I don't see there's any way short of decompiling the game itself that he could be, that 5% isn't going to do him any good at all.