PDA

View Full Version : new charachter

fenix1222
May 13, 2003, 11:48 AM
Which is the best charchter class

VioletSkye
May 13, 2003, 11:53 AM
I like Fo's personally. I started with a Fo as my first char and it was quite awhile before I even tried another, lol.

rena-ko
May 13, 2003, 12:12 PM
i started a HUnewearl, like i always started with one so far. she can use the most of the stuff she finds and she can support my FOnewearl (who is my second chara) with money and nice tech boosting stuff.

edit: oh... 'lucky number 1111'-post ^_^ yay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-13 10:13 ]</font>

Whatley
May 13, 2003, 12:36 PM
I thought we already been through this.

There is no best character class.

Omni-SqwirL
May 13, 2003, 12:52 PM
Just pick the one that you think looks the coolest.

That's all there is to it

DeLiRiUmTrIgGeR
May 13, 2003, 12:58 PM
I completely disagree. The looks of a character could be a decision breaker, but your stats and experience with PSO is the major factor in making a new character.

HUmars are probably the most balanced out, easy to use characters. They can use an array of spells to their advantage, have a substantial amount of ATP (one of the highest in the game), and their MST is decent, as well.

FOs are more for the veteran PSO players, as there's a lot to take into consideration, such as material counting, spell concentration, what units you will wear (With FOs it can be a complicated matter), on Hunters, for the most part, until you're about level 140 or so, you're best bet would be to wear three of the most powerful Power units you can get your hands on, and a battle of sorts. The ideal set-up would be three God/Powers, and one God/Battle. Once you get past 140 or 150 or so, your base ATP will max out. At this point you can start switching Power/Units for HP/Units, because you're going to need them.

Anybody can add on to what I said, if i fotgot anything significant.

..P.s.- I'm in school, so of course I have a lot of time on my hands.

Interceptor
May 13, 2003, 03:10 PM
Once again they forget about the Rangers... We do excist you know!
Anyway, i'd say the rangers are great characters in any stituation. They can hit anything from anywhere without getting hit themselfs. Your best choice for quick leveling up too.
Accurary can't just be ignored. I'm now at Lvl 31 (thank you very much corruption...) and i can easily hold my own in Hard Mines or Ruins. (without high level MAG) I don't do alot of damage, but who cares, i'm getting tons of experience! I could really kick ass if i had a dark cannon or gatling...
Oh well, Rangers rule!

Rhete
May 13, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-05-13 10:36, Whatley wrote:
I thought we already been through this.

Exactly

Though RAmarl is pretty close

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 03:20 PM
There's no such thing as: "The best character class".

Every character is put in for a reason, because they help in one way or another.

If you like smacking things with blunt and bladed objects, then I suggest a Hunter. Androids are known for over all better stats since they have no techniques, the HUmar is an all-around character and the HUnewearl has powerful techs compared to the others.

If you like shooting things from a far distance and trying not to get hit, I suggest a Ranger. Again androids have the stat advantages, the RAmar is the HUmar of Rangers and the RAmarl is the HUnewearl of Rangers.

If you like zapping things or making massive explosions and whatnot, I suggest a Force. Forces use TP to strut their stuff, but it comes really handy sometimes. There are no android Forces (heh, that's a no brainer), but the Newmans have TP regeneration and over-all better MST whereas the Humans have more well-rounded stats. The FOmarl is very good as a support character, the FOmar is like the RAmar and the HUmar, but Force style.

Just pick what you think sounds interesting. I personally don't know the benefits of each android compared to each other, so if someone would like to add that then be my guest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tulathis
May 13, 2003, 03:30 PM
Once you get past 140 or 150 or so, your base ATP will max out. At this point you can start switching Power/Units for HP/Units, because you're going to need them.
At 140 you start to need HP Units? I'm not quite following your logic there, but I do agree that a few extra HP is never a bad thing, at any level. At level 140 or 150 you probably have enough HP to consider using another type of unit, maybe a PB Unit if you're an android, or a Cure/Freeze unit to make battling in the Seabed a bit easier.

Nawms
May 13, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-05-13 10:36, Whatley wrote:

Wrong! I am partial to Humars, though hunewearls are technically teh best

Logical2u
May 13, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-05-13 09:48, fenix1222 wrote:
Which is the best charchter class

If you like:
1. Smashing everything with a sharp thing....
be a Hunter.
2. If you like being weak but strong at distances...
be a Ranger.
3. If you like wasting money on Techs and Fluids, and be the supporting character...
Be a Force.

Elusive_Llama
May 13, 2003, 05:36 PM
2. If you like being weak but strong at distances...
be a Ranger.

I have a Ramarl, who is the 'weakest' Ranger stat wise, but I can kill an Ultimate Gilchic (online) in one combo or less. What's up with that? I thought rangers were supposed to be wimps? :/

Orange_Coconut
May 13, 2003, 06:26 PM
I have a Ramarl, who is the 'weakest' Ranger stat wise, but I can kill an Ultimate Gilchic (online) in one combo or less. What's up with that? I thought rangers were supposed to be wimps? :/

It all depends on how you play the game with your RAmarl. I know if you have a Power Mag and maybe a really nice gun then there should be a reason why she's reeling and dealing. Maybe she's just a really high level?