PDA

View Full Version : Real ending soul of steel?

janitorbob
May 13, 2003, 12:15 PM
I am trying to get the the ragol ring, I did what it said on the site (the sue/route subplot) so kireek would show up in the tower instead of elly. So far it hasn't worked. The guide says to check if you did the sue plot correctly play the soul of steel quest and get the real ending. What I want to know is what is the real ending for soul of steel?

VulpesMundi
May 13, 2003, 01:32 PM
I didn't even play Soul of Steel and I still managed to get Kireek to join me and acquired a Ragol Ring. It's not a necessary step for Seat of the Heart. I didn't even complete all the quests. Here's what I did, in chronological order...

Dr. Osto's Research:
I told Sue my name, then went over to Gekigasky (RAmar in a north room) and talked to him. Then I completed the quest.

Unsealed Door:
I ignored Bernie and went straight over to talk to Sue. After I talked to her I went back and talked to Bernie. Then I completed the quest.

Waterfall Tears:
Sue appeared on Pioneer 2 so I talked to her until she left. Bernie then appeared in Cave 1 and I talked to him. Then I completed the quest.

Black Paper:
Sue appeared on Pioneer 2 again, so I talked to her until she left. To be specific, she gives you three choices to ask her and you only get to choose one before she leaves. I asked her the third choice, then cancelled the quest. Then I restarted the quest and asked her the first choice, then cancelled the quest again. Then I restarted the quest a final time and asked her the second choice. (I don't know if that's a requirement, but I listed it just in case.) I then continued with the quest. Bernie then appeared in Cave 1 and I talked to him. Then I completed the quest.

Knowing One's Heart:
Bernie appeared in the Mine, so I talked to him. Then I completed the quest.

Seek My Master:
The guide says that this quest comes to a sudden end, but I didn't experience that. The quest played like it normally does, and I completed it.

The same steps can be found here...
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881

After all that I went through Seat of the Heart answering each question correctly. The answers to each question can be found on the guide here...
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=879

Finally Kireek joined me, and I went on and finished the quest, making sure to destroy only the correct computers, and acquired my Ragol Ring.

Edited for clarification.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-18 23:30 ]</font>

Sunblast
May 13, 2003, 05:10 PM
I have two questions. One is about the Soul of Steel. What is the point of the Mag Cell you get from Elanor? The other question is about the Soul Eater. I can never find Sue the second time (I told her my name on Normal, so do I have to play on hard?), so can you tell me where she appears at? In level, or onboard Pioneer 2?

VulpesMundi
May 13, 2003, 06:07 PM
Elenor's MAG is just a quest item. It's merely part of the story and nothing more.

If you told Sue your name and saved that progress, you can never get a Soul Eater on that difficulty. You'll just have to do it on a different difficulty and remember not to tell her your name. And to equally note, if you don't tell Sue your name then you can never do the Sue sub-plot on that difficulty. You have to choose one or the other and are thereafter stuck with that decision.

Dhylec
May 13, 2003, 07:10 PM
good thing pso has 4 levs of diff. to play around w/soul eater & sue sub-plot.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dark_Cloud
May 14, 2003, 02:32 AM
Yeah i done soul eater on normal and sue plot on the ones after.

Sunblast
May 14, 2003, 05:06 PM
Jeez, that explains it! Thanks, guys. Although, I play offline, so the Sue subquest isn't going to work.

no1
May 15, 2003, 07:25 AM
I'm having trouble with the Seat of the Heart quest. Kireek doesn't show up. Where exactly is he supposed to show up?? I have done all the offline quests needed.

In the guide it says:
"Because you told Bernie about Sue, you will now be able to talk to her and get more information in Waterfall Tears and Black Paper."

Do I have to do these again? I don't think you do but....
For the questions, I think it is the third one where Sue gets kidnapped. You select the one that says "No way" or "...", and then according to the guide you give them over, the second option. Is that right?
Is there anyway to stop the Delbieter charging on the forth floor? It keeps killing Elly in one go. If I cast a freeze spell will it stop in it's tracks like a chaos bringer?

Sunblast
May 15, 2003, 07:34 PM
I'd like to help you, but I really know nothing about Seat of Heart. Besides, I still can't find Sue when I went for the Soul Eater. I looked on Unsealed Door. Where should I be encountering her?

no1
May 16, 2003, 04:51 AM
DId you tell her your name in the first quest you meet her, Dr.Osto Research I think it is. If so, then you can only do the Seat of the Heart quest. If not then you follow the Soul Eater quest.

Smash_Brother
May 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
The thought of having to do this all over again on another difficulty level, unlocking all of the necessary quests in the process, makes me want to punch a hole in my TV. I'm quite certain that, due to the massive amount of rage involved, the shards of glass thereafter embedded in my hand wouldn't start to hurt until hours afterwards, allowing me plenty of time to drive to the hospital, unabated by my injuries.

All kidding aside, this is the most poorly-woven web of BS I've ever seen in a game. I've done EVERYTHING on that list, including tell Sue the second answer and STILL nothing changes.

Has anyone since had any luck with this? Any last minute ideas?

-SB

LollipopLolita
May 18, 2003, 11:57 PM
this quest is starting to irk me.

i have people following every steps of the guide and working. and then i have people following every step of the guide and not working. though more people seems to be making it work.

Jazhara
May 21, 2003, 04:27 AM
On 2003-05-18 21:57, LollipopLolita wrote:
this quest is starting to irk me.

i have people following every steps of the guide and working. and then i have people following every step of the guide and not working. though more people seems to be making it work.

Hi there

Been reading PSOW for a couple of years on and off, congrats on the resources section. Think I can help you out here, I must've made every possible error before getting Ragol Rings:

I suspect the problems are (in order of most common to least):

1. The quests for the Sue sub-plot have to be done the first time the quest is played.

I.e. you cannot get Kireek in Seat of the Heart if you have opened all the quests and then re-played for the Sue sub-plot. You must meet the Sue plot requirements as you play through the quests for the first time. Almost all players I talk to that can't get rings have unlocked all the quests before doing the Sue plot.

2. You must talk to Bernie in any quest you play that he appears in.

If you play a quest with Bernie in it and don't talk to him until he has nothing else to say, then Kireek won't appear. The one most players seem to miss is Retired Hunter (he's by the warp to the principal after you finish the quest). You don't have to play this quest, but if you do you must talk to Bernie.

3. You must talk to any NPC required by the Sue plot until they disappear or repeat themselves. If you don't Kireek will not appear.

4. The answers given to Sue outside the shop in 'Black Paper' may affect Kireek's appearance. Once answer that definitely works is "What is your purpose?".

I'm still testing this, but my advice would be to select that option.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-05-21 03:32 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
May 21, 2003, 05:14 AM
On 2003-05-21 02:27, Jazhara wrote:
The one most players seem to miss is Retired Hunter (he's by the warp to the principal after you finish the quest).

I didn't even play Retired Hunter and I still managed to get Kireek to join me and earned my Ragol Ring. Retired Hunter is inconcequential to the Sue sub-plot. Everything I did is detailed near the beginning of the topic.

Sunblast
May 21, 2003, 05:31 AM
BTW, I got the Soul Eater, thanks for all your help (Although I didn't get the storyline for it)!

Jazhara
May 21, 2003, 05:34 AM
On 2003-05-21 03:14, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2003-05-21 02:27, Jazhara wrote:
The one most players seem to miss is Retired Hunter (he's by the warp to the principal after you finish the quest).

I didn't even play Retired Hunter and I still managed to get Kireek to join me and earned my Ragol Ring. Retired Hunter is inconcequential to the Sue sub-plot. Everything I did is detailed near the beginning of the topic.

I didn't say you had to play Retired Hunter to get the Ring, just that if you do play it, you must talk to Bernie. The points I made aren't covered in your post (apart from 4, sorta), or the PSOW guide.

Added a note anyway as that obviously wasn't clear...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-05-21 03:37 ]</font>