PDA

View Full Version : Beat time

Lothario
May 13, 2003, 01:47 PM
So does beat time affect something about gameplay or what? I recall reading someone else's post saying that beat time had something to do with finding rare monsters or something. Speaking of rare monsters, as I type this I have been piping for a Hildetorr for about 2 hours. Good Freakin Grief

VulpesMundi
May 13, 2003, 01:53 PM
It's all speculation and nothing has been proven. However, beat time does effect when the special attack of the Heaven's Punisher will work.

Lothario
May 13, 2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I knew that one. I am begining to think that it might have something to do with it, though. Earlier today I was playing and piping for rappies at around 280 beats. I found in an extremely short amount of time, and when I tried for another the beats were over 300, and I piped for over an hour with no luck. Perhaps it has something to do with it? I suggest that for anyone else who reads this, when piping, keep some sort of log or something about when a rare monster is found. You know, record beat time or something and see if we can't come up with something. Later.

Lothario
May 13, 2003, 07:50 PM
All right ladies and gentlemen, I have decided to take a different approach to this. I want info concerning this. I'll put together some notes on what I can, but I am going to need a lot of help, mainly from you. If you find a rare monster submit this info:

Monster
Beat Time
Difficulty
Section ID

Send to [email protected] I'll see if I can come up with anything.

excecutor
May 13, 2003, 08:57 PM
beat time has to affect rare monsters appearing. ive read all of the forums procing or disproving beat time rare monsters or items etc and most of the time people just say its dumb luck. this may be true with rare items but i think that it dus affect it for monsters. i have recently made a new character, a greenlill fonewearl, and she has found 4 nar lillies all around beat time 481, im offline so my beat time is probably messed up. anyways, i have found 4 nar lillies 4 days in a row, all in caves run, no quests. 1 in normal and 3 in hard. i am lvl 29 if that helps. i actually have 11 characters, i like vulps mundis aproach(sorry if i mispelled the name), cus having all the ids and a variant of characters is really fun, anyways, sorry for getting off topic and hope this info helps.

th0rnz
May 14, 2003, 10:14 AM
The Following were all found by Skyly in very hard :

Nar Lily - 356
Nar Lily - 378
Al Rappy - 415
Al Rappy - 074

excecutor
May 15, 2003, 09:01 AM
well the next time i was playing with my character around beat time 481 i found an al rappy (the blue one, it could be pal). i dont think this could possibly be random, if it were random and it happened 4 times in a row on the same beat range, i must have INCREDIBLE luck. hope this info helps

RuneScapeMan
May 15, 2003, 09:44 AM
This is what I have to say about pal rappies:

Do never use the telepipe trick!!!
If you do fake in yellow over and over, you will find LOTS of mats!
And it does go kinda fast to...
I did it like thirty times in a week, and i totaly faced 4 pal rappies!
Three of them dropped red handgun...
I also faced two mil lilys(used the telepipe trick as a RAcast :S)...
Both dropped junk...

RiARD
May 15, 2003, 02:30 PM
i once thought beat time might have somethign to do with rare monsters..... for the past week i came home from work at around 2am,. and piped for love rappies... some nights i would get none... some i would get a few.. my point is its random, and just the fact that you can pipe for a rare monster offline should be enough for you... if someone says that you can get a love rappy @382 and everyone pipes at that time.. chances are more people will find them at that time. just deal with the fact its random http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NeoPhatnutz
May 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
On 2003-05-15 07:44, RuneScapeMan wrote:
This is what I have to say about pal rappies:

Do never use the telepipe trick!!!
If you do fake in yellow over and over, you will find LOTS of mats!
And it does go kinda fast to...
I did it like thirty times in a week, and i totaly faced 4 pal rappies!
Three of them dropped red handgun...
I also faced two mil lilys(used the telepipe trick as a RAcast :S)...
Both dropped junk...

Hmm, sounds like you're a REDRIAn. If you're serious about getting the Psycho Wand from Mil Lily, prepare to have to knock off about 3 dozen of those. Waterfall Tears Quest is the key.

Yoda86
May 15, 2003, 03:09 PM
On 2003-05-13 17:50, Lothario wrote:
All right ladies and gentlemen, I have decided to take a different approach to this. I want info concerning this. I'll put together some notes on what I can, but I am going to need a lot of help, mainly from you. If you find a rare monster submit this info:

Monster
Beat Time
Difficulty
Section ID

Send to [email protected] I'll see if I can come up with anything.

There is such a thing as Excavation Reports.

Check here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&search=1) for some various reported Excavation Reports.

FluxGryphon
May 15, 2003, 05:19 PM
LollipopLolita and I were trying to figure out how beat time affects the appearance of certain maps. For Episode 2 it's easy simply because there are only two versions of each map. In that case, which map appears depends on whether the beat number is odd or even. And if the beat bar is over halfway full, it basically rounds up to the next beat number.

Right now we're still gathering information for Episode I...

Cronofiend
May 15, 2003, 07:21 PM
Haha Hi Tyson...this will never work...remember, PSO exists to spite us all. Now find me a Kasami Bracer!

no1
May 15, 2003, 07:23 PM
I think beat time does affect monsters, and rares.

I went through very hard ruins, found 4 rares, 4 scape dolls and some other rare stuff. Can't remember the time but I have never had so many rares on one trip. I tried it later that day and only one rare. I definatly think beat time has something to do with it.