PDA

View Full Version : Nice girls finish last

Danger_Girl
Mar 11, 2001, 12:16 AM
*Danger Girl staggers into the room. Her shoulders are slumped, and tears well in her eyes. Her own blood, and the blood from countless enemys covers her face and body. She collapses into a chair and begins to speak:

We may be dying off. Hell we might already be dead. Nearing four-hundred hours now. So far I've got a double saber and s-beats blades to show for it. That's not the tragedy. The sad part is the honest girl will never see the best. The super rares are reserved for the cheaters, thieves, and liars. So be it! I still have my honor, my virtue, my pride. However holding on to it is like holding on to a fistful of sand. You can squeeze with all your strength but you cant stop the grains from slipping between your knuckles. But I swear, I will hold on to that one grain of truth. I will never bow down to the cheats. I will never join their ranks. I will maintain hope that just once...just once, I will get my super rare fairly and honestly! One more run through the ruins...yes just one more run...next time for sure! I just pray they is still a place for the honest player in PSO. Alas I wonder if there is even a place left for the honest player in PSO World....One more run...just one more...

*Danger Girl rises to her feet, staggers forward...then collapses onto the ground in utter exhastion.*

Seutekh
Mar 11, 2001, 12:35 AM
Well I know how you feel... Coming up fast on 300 hours and so far all I've found was an Alive Aqhu...

But I'm convinced the feeling I get when I find that {insert kick-axx item of choice here} it'll all have been worth it. I don't care if it's something I can never use... I'll never trade it off. It may sit in my check room and collect dust... heck, I might give it to a friend I know is an honest player, but the anticipation of that single moment of pride is what keeps me going when I'm ready to put down the controller and pawn my DC.

Hang in there. We'll get something eventually... right?

BlitzGott
Mar 11, 2001, 12:43 AM
*pokes Danger Girl in the side with a small stick*
Is this thing dead?

Anyway, it does seem quite unfair at times that the devoted honest players get the short end of the stick(same stick mentioned before? Possibly...) The only thing you can hold on to is honor, dignity, pride, and maybe some kind of large trout... if it isn't too heavy to hold on to. Does this reply really have a point? Probably not.

Spy
Mar 11, 2001, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it's funny how all the good girls and boys get crapped on in the end...

Zero101
Mar 11, 2001, 01:46 AM
Since when were you all goth and depressed, Danger Girl? Doesn't really suit you, so perk the #^$% up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Sadly, you are right... staying true to yourself and playing an honest character on PSO is somewhat difficult when faced with cheaters who have easily amassed a great collection of ultra-rares.
The cheaters have dangled the carrot in front of your face... show you how to take the easy way out and get all those mouth-watering new weapons with little to no effort. But what fun would that be? How entertaining would the game be if everything came easily?? The fun comes from the challenge of trying to find those elusives weapons... the rush of discovering one of the few prized jewels of the game.
Don't let the cheaters tempt you... and don't let them deprive you of the true PSO experience. When you find those rares that you seek (and you will find them... have a little faith) it will be that much sweeter because you came by it honestly.

Crawurm
Mar 11, 2001, 01:47 AM
yes but we must still try to do our best......would you like a bag to hold that sand you have?

SeQrEt_1
Mar 11, 2001, 01:57 AM
if I don't start to find things soon i'm gonna quit. i'm so serious. how many friggin hours do you need logged if its not that its level 100 if its not that play very hard.. its always some made up requirement.

i'm tired of using a stupid varista.. when do I get my spread needle..

yay i found a double saber... what about the twin brands I see...

whoo hoo.. a photon claw.. great now someone has a minesbetter claw

*btw I don't have a damn claw...... i only have varista and double saber and other stupid rares that aren't worth to be called rare.*

if I seriously don't start to find stuff i'm gonna quit... now I am starting to see sense in duping for friends... its gets old using the same stupid weapons... i'm gonna be level 100 and people are going to think i'm a GS because I have a varista... how great is this rare.. yay i feel special varista forever!

Glider
Mar 11, 2001, 01:59 AM
It sucks, but at least at the end, you know that you didn't need to cheat to get ahead. The day you find that super rare you had wanted for weeks, you will feel so much more satisfied then any duper or cheater ever will.

Chaos
Mar 11, 2001, 02:15 AM
*Wipes a tear away from his eye because of danger girls statement*

God, Why Must It Happen To Us??!!

Ariahl
Mar 11, 2001, 02:17 AM
I know how you feel, girl. I jt found my first two rare things tonight. a Dragon slayer (Cant use till dooomsday) and a Burning Ripper (the text is yellow, and all the stars are filled. does a lot of damage, but its a dagger)

OF course, you are at level 100, I am at level 43. Things should get better. if not, you can slash me with those claws you are holding!http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Josh
Mar 11, 2001, 02:25 AM
It's very true...I don't even have clost to ~400 hours like you(~150 hours), but I am frustrated as well. I wouldn't even be mad if I didn't find anything and there was no such thing as duping. I wouldn't care that I haven't found an ultra rare yet, because 99% of the other people wouldn't have them either. Duping destroyed PSO.

Josh
Mar 11, 2001, 02:25 AM
It's very true...I don't even have close to ~400 hours like you(~150 hours), but I am frustrated as well. I wouldn't even be mad if I didn't find anything and there was no such thing as duping. I wouldn't care that I haven't found an ultra rare yet, because 99% of the other people wouldn't have them either. Duping destroyed PSO.

lelia
Mar 11, 2001, 03:17 AM
Please just hang in there Sweetie, you'll find something soon enough, we can run through the Ruins together hoping for something rare =) I promise!

Brinaro
Mar 11, 2001, 05:50 AM
All I can add is:

400 HOURS! Holy Cow! You need some kind of reward just for that.

I have 150 hours played and the best thing I found was a celestial sheild, but i gave that Away to my buddy, had no used for it. Hopefully some day he will give me a kick-ass high lvl Grants spell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif.

Sheogorath
Mar 11, 2001, 06:03 AM
Well, I've logged on 240 Hours, and at Level 100, have found only an S-beats Blade and a Delsabre Sword. (I'm not counting 9 star rares like Flowens, claws, or Dragonslayers) Heck, im lucky someone gave me a C-bringer Rifle.

It does tick me off quite a bit as well. After all, with about 250 hours logged in on one character alone, and he's level 100, I think I should at least be finding *something* that will give me a chance to brag.

But, my advice is to do what I do Danger Girl:

When people dig out their Lavis Cannons and silence Claws and Spread Needles, just find comfort in the fact that you can do just as well as they can, perhaps even better, with weaker equipment.

That is the greatest thing about all of this. I may be using a meteor smash thats 45% against dark, but I still did more then the level 93 HUcast that had a Spread Needle.

You win in the end, DG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Pneophen
Mar 11, 2001, 08:09 AM
i havent found diddly for the time i have been playing. The best weapon i have is a dragon slayer and that was given to me. i dont even use my mag any more because once it is maxed out what else can you do with it. i want a cool mag dammit.

Socrates
Mar 11, 2001, 01:03 PM
"*btw I don't have a damn claw...... i only have varista and double saber and other stupid rares that aren't worth to be called rare.*"

Sadly, I feel the truth of the original game design is that you are only supposed to find one of the rares every 100 or so hours of play... that's the original rarity to begin with, IMHO.

Those of us here have a distorted sense of perception because A) since we, as a community, share knowledge, we know of far, far more items out there than we normally would as individual players, and B), the existence of so many Dupers, Cheaters and Sharkers creating a glut of the weapons makes it look like everybody and their brother should find a rare every time they go online, which is apparently not even close.

Tragically, I suspect maybe upwards of 80% to 90% of all Named Rares currently being used were probably originally duped or sharked. Think about it -- all of you that do have lots of different rares, you probably acquired most of those different items through trade or gifts. Compare the number of different items you've traded/been gifted with for to the number of different items you've found personally. The numbers, from what I've gathered from all the posts here on PSOWorld, just do not add up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

HiroShojin
Mar 11, 2001, 02:09 PM
Yes,it's a pain to see all these dupers with the blades and guns and rod and whatnot everyone wants...hell,I barely heard of the ultra rare Lavis Cannon...and I've seen 4 people use it right after I discovered its existance on PSO World.If Sega just blocked off Duping,BSOD,and added a few more rares that you can actually FIND...PSO would be THE best game ever.Oh...and one thing...if people get the ultra rares from dupers...and dupers get the rare from someone else...where did the "someone else" get THAT rare?Boggles the mind....

Booyah!

SeQrEt_1
Mar 11, 2001, 02:12 PM
On 2001-03-11 10:03, Socrates wrote:
Sadly, I feel the truth of the original game design is that you are only supposed to find one of the rares every 100 or so hours of play... that's the original rarity to begin with, IMHO.

I believe you are 100% correct on this. But when you see everyone and their grandma running around with things like spread needles.. and just about everything else. It makes you discouraged. When I get a spread needle will be the day people start finding double Origatios.

Vanse
Mar 11, 2001, 02:17 PM
*cheers at Danger Girl* well said Miss. Girl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif If you get real upset, we can always go kiss some japanese ass and trade with dupers like other people on this board... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif nah, we'd never stoop to that level to brag we had something first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif leave that for the dirtbags...

Ratsmack
Mar 11, 2001, 04:14 PM
Nicely put, Danger Girl, but it makes me wonder. Whassup wit dat? Look, I don't play to get great-fantastica-super-duper-booma-basher gun, I play to hit things. With swords, partisans, glaives, halberds, busters, bashers, mashers crashers, whatever, anything. I've always thought "Wow, I wish I had a spread needle!" But now, seeing everyone with them and seeing how they cut down the enemies without ever giving THEM a chance...I don't want it. If I found one, I'd say "whoo-hoo" and let it sit in my bank. That's all. Hell, right now my Ranger has a C-Bringer's Rifle, and I still use my Crush Bullet because it's more fun. I COULD just bash down enemies one by one with the rifle, but why? Why would I put myself on a quest to destroy the challenge of the game? If I ran into a Sonic Knuckle, I'd laugh, use it for a while just for fun, but if it made things too easy, the weapon would get dull and back into the bank it would go. Just forget about your bloody rares, focus on fighting and having fun. Still, Danger Girl, be proud of yourself for not giving into that cheating bs. Anyone who doesn't is more powerful than the best and more avid cheater. Thank you for your time.

Nordramor
Mar 11, 2001, 05:09 PM
Ratsmack is on the right track. Enjoy the game for what it is, rather than search for impossible to find rares.

My estimates put the odds of finding a Super-Rare (Lavis Cannon, etc) so ridiculously low that you probably shouldn't ACTIVELY try to find one. Its pretty much equivalent to winning $5000 on $1 scratch off lottery ticket when you find a Lavis Cannon. You could play your whole life and never win.

Then why do we see this things so much? Yes, it's dupers and cheaters. There are 200,000 PSO players online (estimated). Of that, there are probably well over 200,000,000 hours of logged game time. In those millions of hours, there have probably only been a handful of legit Lavis Cannons / Heavens Punishement drops. What happens then? Either the player who finds them:

A) Can't use it and trades it to a duper

B) They're a duper themselves and make 50 copies before begin trading them away for lesser (duped) rares

C) It gets stolen by a duper

D) They keep it and never loose it.

There are many ways for a super-rare to fall into a duper's hand, but only one way for it not to. Out of the thousands of people who have logged 150+ hours in PSO, less than a 100 will likely ever get a legit Lavis Cannon.

So don't play PSO 'trying' to get Super Rares. Just play it for fun and hope that sometime you'll get one. In all my V-Hard ruin clears, my best rare ever was a C-Bringer's Right Arm (makes a C-Bringer's Rifle) that a DELSABER of all things dropped. (Yes, not a Chaos Bringer, A DELSABER!) 170 hours, and the best item I found is something my FONewman will never get to use. LOL

Kinda makes me wonder why people bother to deck out new characters with 200 level MechaChao mags and Heaven's Punisher. (Saw this last night, groan) I was so tempted to swipe his Heaven's Punisher when he got his level 3 character killed in the Mines, but I new it wouldn't really bring me any long term satisfaction. I wonder, why make a new character to do this? What's left to accomplish?

Nordramor
Nordy!

Khaotika
Mar 11, 2001, 06:01 PM
Aw, don't be sad, Danger Girl. I've played 300+ hours, and I'm only starting to find decent semi-rare items other than DB and Varista. It'll get better.

And good for you for not accepting dupes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, hi everyone! *waves*

If anyone is looking for shields/barriers like Celestial or Divinity, you should join my game, that's all I seem to find.. ^_^;;

-Khaotika!

"And a lot of Material and grinders for some odd reason.."

-Matrix-
Mar 11, 2001, 06:19 PM
On 2001-03-11 11:09, HiroShojin wrote:
and dupers get the rare from someone else...where did the "someone else" get THAT rare?Boggles the mind....

Reye and Lynx, of course.

And I hate all the people with all those rares. I finally found my own Agito 2001 in vhard/ruins, and I was damn proud of it. My friend gave me an Orotiagito (which was legit), but I like using my Agito better. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I might even trade my Orotiagito.

Anyways, dont lose hope ya'll. I just wish that PSO2 will have BBA support, and server-side character saving, just like in Diablo 2. D2 sucks, and PSO is 2138907123912 times better then it, but it could be compared to the original Diablo, where everyone and their monkies had a Godly Plate of Whale, and a King's sword of haste... Now that sucked...

<center>
http://matrix90.tripod.com/zenansig.jpg

Zenan

-<font color="yellow">Yellowboze</font>-

Current level: 38

R.I.P. -Matrix-

-<font color=silver>WHITHILL</font>-

level 41 HUmar

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: -Matrix- on 2001-03-11 15:29 ]</font>