PDA

View Full Version : XBox: luck and critical hits

jspacemunkey
May 14, 2003, 02:31 PM
just wondering how luck affects a character's chance of scoring a critical hit. is my luck my percent chance of scoring a critical hit (50 luck = 50% chance of critical hit)? or does my luck modify my percent chance of scoring a critical hit (50 luck = +50% to some base critical hit value)? thanks!

jc

Guntz348
May 14, 2003, 02:41 PM
I think the chances are increased, but in the DC the luck chance of a crital was about 1/3 of what your luck actually was. So for example if you had 100 luck you'd have about a 33% chance of critical hit each time you attacked. This did not mean that every third hit you would critical, rather every time you swung, there was a 33% chance that it would be a critical. This is the best formula that anyone had come up with, it was derived from people on this site. Based on my experience, I'd say it's pretty accurate. Only an ST programmer would know the exact forumal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jspacemunkey
May 14, 2003, 02:46 PM
awesome. that was the impression i was getting from my experience. thanks for the help!

jc