PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody

DeathCheese
Mar 11, 2001, 01:13 AM
Well, this is my first post here. I always find myself constantly playing PSO (and I will be playing it more because of Spring Break), but I can never get online. I have done it three times with all of this stuff at dreamcastfun.com, but I always get booted from my "account". I was just wanting some help. Tell me how you get online (besides SegaNet, I dont even wanna pay that at my $20 allowance per month). See you guys around.

Danger_Girl
Mar 11, 2001, 02:20 AM
Sorry can't help you with your problem. I can say welcome to the boards. I use my local ISP. And fact is I don't really know to much about how to get a free account and all that. Someone smarter than me should be able to help though. Stay tuned.

Spy
Mar 11, 2001, 02:44 AM
I get online with a nifty invention called the modulator/demodulator. It kicks sooo much ass.

pcmorris
Mar 11, 2001, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the board (relatively new poster here too, since I only found the site through a rare post of good info on the segasociety board).

Much as it would be interesting to have seganet as an isp, I can't, and wouldn't (can't because it's not a local call, and wouldn't because I can just picture what they're like just knowing a quake game is on there and the knowledge that these same servers were probably once used by HEAT.net back a few months or a year that had loads of lag).

Looked for a post on bluelight (I've seen it mentioned here and there when people were looking for an isp to use), and found someone mentioning Dreamcastfun.com (one of the places I read about how to get certain free isp's to work with the dreamcast).

http://dcfun.clanspot.com/firspdn.asp

That's the page with bluelight in it. Links to other isp's to try are on the menu on the left.

Hope this helps ya.

--someday I'll figure out how I'll make a good sig pic, but for now I'm stuck with just the names *mumbles*... an artist without art is a sad sight--