PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee

brillyfresh
May 15, 2003, 12:05 AM
i'm sure many of you know him from GC online ... he's really starting to get on my nerves ... racism is my #1 pet peeve ... you know he's not playing the game because he's always been level 1, so he must be online with his stupid, ignorant, racist shortcuts just to spread awful spam of his hatred

makes me sick

he bothers me more than anyone else online ... i know i shouldn't let it bother me, but there are also a lot of young, impressionable kids out there, not just in America, but also in Japan and Europe, reading his recycled crap on their screens at home

next time you see him, please take a snapshot and send it to Sega ... i'm sure after about a few dozen submissions, Sega will get the point and shut his ass down

or if it is even remotely possible, talk some sense into that poor lost soul

either way, help put a stop to him

Mystil
May 15, 2003, 07:05 AM
Uhm...Bruce Lee is rotten cut off piece of male genitalia(sp?) I pay him no attention anymore.. He never plays the game, he stays at lv1. He obvously is doing it for attention.

Everyone just do the one thing that attention getters can't fight against.

The art of Ignoring

Elentari
May 15, 2003, 02:08 PM
Ya, ive seen him before. You can even tell when he uses a different character...

He gets on my nerves too... He seems to be racist against everyone... He used derogatory terms when addressing minorities and flashes a swastika every now and then..

He doesnt leave a very big window for....whatever he is
-->me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif <-- him
just the way it is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nawms
May 15, 2003, 03:35 PM
On 2003-05-15 05:05, Silhouette wrote:

The art of Ignoring

And thats how we should stand up to bullies.... wait, that doesn't work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Aurra
May 15, 2003, 04:31 PM
On 2003-05-14 22:05, brillyfresh wrote:
next time you see him, please take a snapshot and send it to Sega ... i'm sure after about a few dozen submissions, Sega will get the point and shut his ass down

Well, the problem is this: Sega would have no way to find out which serial number and access key to ban. When you log on to one of the servers, your character's name is not recorded since more than one person in the PSO world can have the same name... which makes it fairly useless to try and keep track of users by their character name.

In the case of Bruce, the only way to get his true, bannable identity would be to get his guild card number. That's the only thing that is really unique to him. If they just banned everyone named Bruce Lee, they might accidentally ban an innocent who also happened to be named that.

or if it is even remotely possible, talk some sense into that poor lost soul

I've only seen one person ever successfully do this, but I'm not sure if she would like me giving out her name, so I won't http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scriptor
May 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
Hmmmmm...I don't think you people are approaching this the right way. From what I've heard- this person is clearly not open to reason, or any of the suggestions I'm getting. However, people don't come out with philosophical crap like "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" for no reason.

What I'm saying is, if you really want to get back at him (and your not just saying it or jumping on the band wagon)- then when you encounter him, join in. Pretend to be like him. Appeal to his persona. Make a few sacrifices in going along with him. Earn enough of his trust for him to give you his guild card, and then you can bring him down. This method is *SO* much more effective than ANY code- and it always will be. ^_^ It's great being sly.

P.S Make sure when you approach your mark, that you are unknown to them. And you have to make sure you keep control of the persona you present. First it's best to make a new character, and watch your mark for awhile- learn what kind of persona would appeal to them. Then make another character (one that may hopefully increase your chances of fooling your mark), and then cast your net and reel them in. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scriptor on 2003-05-15 15:13 ]</font>

Realm
May 15, 2003, 04:49 PM
Im gonna make a character named bruce lee and see if people come up and cuss me out just because of the name.

Aurra
May 15, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-05-15 14:43, Scriptor wrote:
Hmmmmm...I don't think you people are approaching this the right way. From what I've heard- this person is clearly not open to reason, or any of the suggestions I'm getting. However, people don't come out with philosophical crap like "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" for no reason.

What I'm saying is, if you really want to get back at him (and your not just saying it or jumping on the band wagon)- then when you encounter him, join in. Pretend to be like him. Appeal to his persona. Make a few sacrifices in going along with him. Earn enough of his trust for him to give you his guild card, and then you can bring him down. This method is *SO* much more effective than ANY code- and it always will be. ^_^ It's great being sly.

Yep. If Bruce is ever going to be banned, it will probably be because someone did it like this.

Scriptor
May 15, 2003, 05:45 PM
"Yep. If Bruce is ever going to be banned, it will probably be because someone did it like this."

Hell yeah Aurra. We agree on something afterall. Only problem is, I have my doubts about a great many of the users here on this forum actually being able to pull it off (at least in style anyway) ... Excluding me, naturally...

Aurra
May 15, 2003, 06:12 PM
Heh, of course http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

brillyfresh
May 15, 2003, 07:58 PM
i thought about that approach Scriptor ... i'm not willing to do that, and here's why

he only frequents very populated lobbies, so if i started agreeing with him to get on his good side, so many more people would see me as the same as he is, which i really don't need, and i really, really don't want to be associated with him

and with my luck, i'd end up getting banned along with him, or instead of him, and i certainly don't want that

it's a good idea, but the sacrifice and risk involved in doing that isn't worth it to me

too bad i couldn't just wear a PSO KKK mask so no one would know who i am, like on Fletch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scriptor
May 15, 2003, 08:14 PM
"he only frequents very populated lobbies, so if i started agreeing with him to get on his good side, so many more people would see me as the same as he is, which i really don't need, and i really, really don't want to be associated with him"

Brilly, Brilly, Brilly my young apprentice- this is why you create an ALIAS- a completly new character and a new persona, so you are totally unrecognizable to your "normal character" (that is, if you decide to ever have one identity).

Morfos
May 15, 2003, 08:17 PM
Bruce Lee probably isn't racist, he is probably just a moron who wants attention. He most likely love the attention he gets after typing racial insults.

Scriptor
May 15, 2003, 09:08 PM
"Bruce Lee probably isn't racist, he is probably just a moron who wants attention. He most likely love the attention he gets after typing racial insults."

Well, well, well, if it isn't the sharpshit ITself. This thread is not about *puts on whinny voice Tweetie Pie style* "Why someone would do a mean thing like that"- this is about nailing the bitch. Alas, that doesn't stop you- no SUREE!

Tigereye
May 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
I saw him spamming his usually crap in Mintaka yesterday.

Shattered_weasel
May 16, 2003, 03:07 PM
Yes i have met this guy many, many, many times. And every time i meet him he is more and more annoying. About the badwagon thing tryin to act like him and stuff like that i don't really think that would work because do u think he would give out his Guild Card even if he was ur friend.

Vantamiath
May 16, 2003, 04:49 PM
He's putting shame to one of the coolest people that ever lived.

The irony kills me.

Morfos
May 16, 2003, 04:53 PM
On 2003-05-15 19:08, Scriptor wrote:
"Bruce Lee probably isn't racist, he is probably just a moron who wants attention. He most likely love the attention he gets after typing racial insults."

Well, well, well, if it isn't the sharpshit ITself. This thread is not about *puts on whinny voice Tweetie Pie style* "Why someone would do a mean thing like that"- this is about nailing the bitch. Alas, that doesn't stop you- no SUREE!

STFU and stop flaming me, I hope you get banned from PSOW Scriptor, you deserve it.

Logical2u
May 16, 2003, 04:53 PM
Man... I saw someone like.... oh something weird...
(ObSL)SEga-MJGUJ.. or some other annoying junk...
I think he was this guy you are talking about.
He flashed a Swatstika as his battlecry, and swore every few minutes.
Yep... I need to find Sonic Team and letem hear...

Guile
May 18, 2003, 12:52 AM
Never seen him, only thing you can really do on an internet game is ignore..

Mystil
May 22, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2003-05-15 18:17, Morfos wrote:
Bruce Lee probably isn't racist, he is probably just a moron who wants attention. He most likely love the attention he gets after typing racial insults.

It's quite obvious really. You use something the world detests more than anything, and BAM, instant attention!

muff
May 22, 2003, 04:52 PM
*UPDATE*
I sam him yesterday and he is now level 2.
I also know how to annoy him. I laugh at him and tell him he gets picked on, he normally leaves the ship.

Join me, in my quest of getting rid of him.

brillyfresh
May 22, 2003, 04:54 PM
i saw him too last night

it's about time he leveled

Vanango
May 24, 2003, 02:18 PM
On 2003-05-15 05:05, Silhouette wrote:
The art of Ignoring

is that similar to the art of apathy?

or how about ignorance?

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
May 24, 2003, 07:10 PM
It's a shame that you'd never see this guy in the street. I'm betting he wouldn't have much to say in real life... at least around me... cowards annoy me...

CajunSamurai
May 26, 2003, 03:12 AM
Oh man. Trust me, I've seen this guy on about 4 different games, no lie.
On Chu Chu Rocket, he began as Boots'n'Braces. What a TARD. Eventually he changed his name to PPLHATER.
THEN, he came back on Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast under the name LagerLad (and quite possibly another nick, I'm not sure)...
LATER, he returned on PSOv1 and 2 under the name US Patriot, AND I SWEAR TO YOU, he would use the FSOD/RSOD hack for HOURS, EVERY NIGHT, in Oberon 1-1. I'm sure someone will remember that... o_o
And NOW he's here, on Episode 1&2 frequently with his pathetic little low level HUmar... jeez.

And the funny thing? HE'S NEVER GONNA GET BANNED. EVER. He can FSOD people for hours upon hours in lobbies, flood, spam with his hate mongering, and still carry on there for as long as he wishes.
MAYBE, just MAYBE he's get banned if he were on PSOX... but let's all hope we don't get to find out. Reading some hillbilly's preset messages are one thing, hearing some hillbilly's incoherant rambling is ANOTHER thing.

btw, his name is Kevin. Make fun of him with it, it only makes him more angry. It's funny.