PDA

View Full Version : Hard Falz

Pickerel
May 15, 2003, 08:15 AM
Well, this will be the third character to face him, so I sorta know what to do. But this is the first android I've used for him. By the time I am there, I will be level 43, and will have:
~270 HP
~440 base ATP (122 POW mag)
~130 base ATA
Weapons Available: Visk 235W, M&A60 Vise, Crush Bullet +25, Inferno Bazooka, Photon Launcher
Armor: 4-slot dragon frame
Slots: Perfect/Resist, Resist/Holy, Resist/Blizzard, Elf/Arm++
Barriet: Secret Gear
Mono, Di, and Trimates
A: What weapons should I bring, and B: Should I be ready at this level?

Stalfos333
May 15, 2003, 10:29 AM
Defence doesn't matter, ice resist is a must though. The biggest thing is limited healing, so while you should be fine for beating him on the first try if you can get high resistances, if you need more then you can go in, drop your set of mates, die, then restock. Your dropped ones will be waiting for you, so you can have twice as many chances to heal.

Kaply
May 15, 2003, 01:07 PM
Don't worry too much about your resist holy. It only matters so much that it doesn't outright kill you, since at your level there's almost no chance it will only do half your max HPs. So either way you're going to have to waste a mate for it. On hard difficulty, just focus more on doing as much damage as you can. Make sure you have some kind of "spell" type damage to hit his final form and you should be set.

Rlolar
May 16, 2003, 03:28 AM
Well, I just tried to kill him with my HUCast at level 40 w/ 330 HP and I give up...I have no way to hit his third form and I run outta heals.

My Mechguns wont hit him, the range on my Rappy Fan is not far enough and praying he decides to stop in front of me so I can hit him twice is a useless excercise in frustration.

I am going to come back at 50 I guess...I miss my FO - makes DF so easy.

Rlolar

NiteOwl
May 16, 2003, 10:00 AM
Yeah... dark falz on hard with my force was cake. No problems at all. However, in very hard, it was a LONG fight. It wasn't difficult, but it got very tedious and repetitive. He tended to be out of range for my foie and my hildebear cane's foie (though I'd smack him with it any time he came close) and my zonde was only doing about 35 damage per hit at level 19. So I was never in any real danger, even with only 440 or so HP. It just took FOREVER to take out his last form.

Madzozs
May 16, 2003, 10:05 AM
You should use the Visk and just go straight at his skull piece. On the second form, stand to his side so there is less of a chance of freezing, also, stay as far as possible, but within rifle range. For his third form, the only thing to worry about is his grants. At your level, I doubt you'll have trouble. But make sure you do as much damage as possible when you can.

As for the HUcast, use a handgun of some sort for his third form.