PDA

View Full Version : the REAL cloning problem

Trillian
Mar 11, 2001, 03:16 AM
i may ramble on a bitso don?t say i didn?t warn you J! anyhow?i know that everyone (myself included) is pretty pissed off at the amount of weapons duping going on. now i know that it?s wrong, i?m not denying that. however i think that if people want their special weapons?well, screw it. let them spoil their fun, as long as I don?t have to play with them (and if i do, as long as i can still get my hits in), it?s not hurting me any. i?ve got my kaladgolg +9 and i?m happy, i don?t have to cheat to enjoy the game. where my problem lies is with mag trading. i once read (and this could be a complete fabrication, i really have no idea) that the odds of finding a mag cell were at or around 1% per 100 hours of game play. there was a time for me when my only purpose on ragol was to find a mag cell?i played locked games by myself just so i could loot and not feel guilty. then all this duping b.s. kicked in, and now i can?t get into a game without seeing someone with a opa-opa, soniti, robochao, etc. it?s gotten to the point where if i ever found a mag cell, i wouldn?t even bother to pick it up?and you?ve gotta understand the torture I went through trying to find one (i haven?t yet), so a statement like that means a heck of a lot. now i?ve got bana, who i?ve raised from level 5, and i wouldn?t trade him for a hacked opa-opa or any other ?ultra rare? item you could offer me. raising my mag was/is a huge part of the game for me, and i was under the impression that once i raised it right, maybe find one of these ?elusive? mag cells, my little guy could be the toast of puck 09 J?but thanks to (what i believe to be) a minority of the dishonest players out there, that?s not going to happen any time soon. i mean honestly! the least the little bastard could do for all my loyalty is cast invincibility on me more than once or twice a level J. anyhow, i won?t be cheating any time soon, so i consider that a moral victory. but dammit, i don?t get any experience for those.

on a very happy side note, i was lucky enough to get a copy of rayman 2 and nights into dreams today for 20 bucks J?now if i could only find a copy of toe jam and earl. that?s about twice as rare as any mag cell!

Glider
Mar 11, 2001, 03:27 AM
I feel the same way. I got sick of my Kama and really wanted a to find a mag cell. Now everyone has one so If I ever found one, no one would care and it wouldn't stand out or be orginal at all.

Azel
Mar 11, 2001, 04:37 AM
err... Toe Jam and Earl's not that rare in Britain...

TJ&E 2 is easy to come by, Toe Jam & Earl 1 is abit harder (well, quite rare) but can be found. I guess its rarer in the USA.

Ooh..and i hate cloning - I want a Pian MAG badly, but now I've seen 3 on the US servers (though only 1 on the EU servers) and it's not so special anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif