PDA

View Full Version : Item: What's The Ratio?

MaximumDrive
May 16, 2003, 12:29 AM
I was looking at the guides on the site and saw some of the rares which some enemies drop. And to the right of it, it had Stars which meant its rarity. But what I would like to know is the ratio and chances of the monster dropping the "Rare Item".

Stalfos333
May 16, 2003, 12:34 AM
That, obviously, depends on the enemy. Rare enemies have a much higher chance of dropping a rare item, and some enemies have a really bad drop rate for anything.

MaximumDrive
May 16, 2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks but your not being too specific there. What I mean is there any statistics which I can use as a reference maybe? Or a guide?

Stalfos333
May 16, 2003, 12:51 AM
A very rough guide, mind you.

OK, 9 Stars can be found pretty easily in Vhard, and a rare enemy will drop one 100% of the time after Normal.

10 Stars are not uncommon finds, but you'll have to hunt normal enemies pretty hard in Ult to get what you want, won't find them hardly at all in Vhard. You have about a 50-50 chance of getting these from a rare enemy.

11 Star items are really rare, and you'll be lucky to get this. Rare enemies drop this about with about a 1/20 chance of it falling.

12 Star items are the Holy Grail of the PSO universe. You won't find one unless you're a jobless hippy or have a lobotomized drone to do constant Ult Ep 2 seafloor runs for you.

Richard
May 16, 2003, 01:02 AM
There is guides on this site that tell you the chances of an enemy dropping it's rare. Find them here:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=90

The problem is that the guides are only for Ultimate Episode I drops, and I don't agree with some of them. But it should still give you some sort of idea as to how hard each rare is to get.

LollipopLolita
May 16, 2003, 01:10 AM
we're thinking of( and trying to figure out how to) calculate frequency of people finding items based on people sending conformations on the item findings db compared to the other items. problem is i know some people would just click for fun.

Stalfos333
May 16, 2003, 01:33 AM
I like that idea. Just about the only way I could think of to manage it is to have the script store each hit in member info, which could be individually removed and excluded from the pooled database in case of fraud.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-05-15 23:43 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
May 16, 2003, 01:45 AM
heh pso item findings fraud. who would have thought...

MaximumDrive
May 16, 2003, 12:15 PM
Sorry I took so Long to reply. I just went to sleep and all. Well thing is that Ive done The Soul OF the Blacksmith quest like 5-10 times and I always look forwardto fighting the Melqueeks. They drop the Demolition Comet. So I just wanna know because I have fought quite a few and still no drop. Which is why I started the Topic. Thanks though guys.

Stalfos333
May 16, 2003, 02:41 PM
Melqueeks and Tallows both have pathetic drop rates, in my opinion. I can't recall getting anything rare from them, ever. But, like I said, rare enemies drop rare items faster, so a Redria hunting Mil Lillies will have a much easier time of it.