PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the Matrix trilogy?

Aurra
May 16, 2003, 04:52 PM
Yes, Revelations isn't out yet (and won't be until it's scheduled release in November) but most people have seen at least one of the movies in the Matrix series. What's your opinion on it?

I've certainly seen worse movies, but I've also seen much better. Basically, I think of the movies in the Matrix series as big compilation (a well put-together compilation, however) of several gimmicky teenager-attracting factors. Kung fu + robots + super powers + big guns + computer hacking + trench coats and sun glasses = The Matrix. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not to say that it's a bad series of movies, though. It's just that the overall coolness of the huge fight scenes and special effects wears off after a while. For example, watch Xiao Xiao #3 (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fight3.html). It's really cool at first, but if you watch it several times in a row you'll probably get bored (well, I did at least).

So what are your guys' opinions on the superfad that is The Matrix?

Scan_Man
May 16, 2003, 05:06 PM
Well, I think Reloaded and Revolutions should be one movie. I'm not a fan of the "to be continued" in films. One film of note did that, and that was Back to the Future. That is was what I did not about that series.

When I see the series as a whole, I will probably enjoy the things I did not like. Right now I can't excuse it, because the series is not complete.

SlashEdgewind
May 16, 2003, 07:11 PM
XIAO XIAO ROCKS!!! errr... and I'm sure those movies that I haven't seen *BUT I WANT TOOOO!!!!* are kickass to.. frankly I loooooved the first one.. and I like almost anything

Slash

EVILAdam
May 16, 2003, 08:27 PM
IT ROCKS...

Kasera
May 16, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-05-16 14:52, Aurra wrote:
For example, watch Xiao Xiao #3 (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fight3.html). It's really cool at first, but if you watch it several times in a row you'll probably get bored (well, I did at least).

If you watch any movie several times it gets boring. When I see a movie it's probably 5-6 months before I ever see it again. Movies aren't good in monotony.

As for the Matrix saga. I'm happy with it. I'm a sucker for a good action flick every once in a while so it fills the void and has a nice little story too. I'm not one of those over-analytical people when it comes to the series though. I saw a psycholigist on TV the other day that was picking apart the Matrix. I was just like, "Dude, it's an action flick, get over it."

People scare me :x

ginko990
May 17, 2003, 12:14 AM
I enjoy the Matrix extremely, I love the whole plot, and it really thickens in Reloaded(just got back from my second viewing of it) if you really listen and think about it.

I do however like your little equation Aurra, lol.

The fight scenes in Reloaded are amazing, and basically non stop, I wub it.

Captain_Dude
May 17, 2003, 12:53 AM
I will most likely be missing the third movie unless they guarantee it to be better than the second... I wasted my whole day on that piece of filth movie... And I never got a chance to throat-sing ONCE in the theatre...

Meh...

CakeMan
May 17, 2003, 10:27 AM
I thought it sucked... it got old quick, ive seen those effects used in older kung fu movies.. Nothing new, and the plot had more holes than swiss cheese... THE MOVIE IS ONLY SPECAIL EFFECTS AND FIGHT SCENES ... OKAY IT DIDN'T SUCK IT WAS JUST AVERAGE... BTW did anything happen after the credits cuase i just left when it was done?

dys0r
May 17, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-05-17 08:27, CakeMan wrote:
BTW did anything happen after the credits cuase i just left when it was done?

Yeah. A trailer for Matrix Revolutions.

Ness
May 17, 2003, 03:21 PM
So far I love it.

Kent
May 17, 2003, 08:03 PM
So far, they're the two best movies I've ever seen.

Guile
May 18, 2003, 12:59 AM
Have'nt seen Reloaded yet, probaly won't for a long time...

First 2 times seeing the first one I fell asleep, watched it likeat 4 in the morning
Did'nt really like it, take away the special E-Fecs and it is one stupid movie..I did'nt like it much and thought it had a crappy story line

Did'nt like it...

BlackRose
May 19, 2003, 08:23 AM
It makes me think in ways I didn't before, so I like it.

Plus I love that guy swearing in French...