PDA

View Full Version : Ob Lilly's

AuronAU
May 16, 2003, 09:53 PM
Regarding Megid

What factors influence its ability to hit and kill you?

Dark Resist?
Luck?
Defence?
Other?

Need some info. Everytime i fail to dodge one i die

Reenee
May 16, 2003, 10:07 PM
EDK (Dark Resistance)

Use Resist/Evil or the more potent (but rarer) Resist/Devil. I have 10 Resist/Devil units.

Or, you could also equip a Shield of Delsaber.

Stalfos333
May 16, 2003, 10:34 PM
I, myself, would prefer at least 70 EDK before approaching the caves on Ult. Instadeath is annoying to say the very least, since it...kills you...and stuff...yeah...

AuronAU
May 16, 2003, 11:02 PM
well atm im runnin through with a

Red HandGun - 00/00/25/35/25 OR
Red Partisan - 00/00/00/20/00

guardian armor(4)
-god/arm | Resist/Devil
-god/body | Resist/Devil
-god/body | Resist/Devil
-god/body | Resist/Devil
delsabers shield
rati - 50/120/30/0

EDK = 43

So depending on the room i wsitch the units over

EDK w/4x Resist Devil = 103 = no problems

Still the Red Handgun can take them out without being in range of the megid. Good for large rooms. But in a small room better off with the resist/Devil units on.

Ryo_Hayasa
May 16, 2003, 11:15 PM
Dark Defence and "Dumb Luck" and possibly litteral dodging ability.
if you can dodge the megid you'll be cool if you get hit, just pray you don't die.

Deus-Irae
May 17, 2003, 03:18 AM
high EDK resistance, a decent handgun, and knowledge on how to dodge the slow and obvious Megid attacks.

if your EDK is high enough (50 is enought to resist most hits), you dont have to worry about dodging the Megid blast. (edit: you can survive the Megid about 90% of the time in my exp. higher with better EDK res im sure)

but you dont need the EDK resistance if you just stay out of range, shoot, and move before the next blast comes.

you can clear a whole room of Ob's with little problem once you learn the pattern. its just tough when they appear behind you in a full room and you dont realize it before its too late!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2003-05-17 01:21 ]</font>

Reenee
May 17, 2003, 10:06 AM
I have 43 EDK simply by having a Graviton Plate and Shield of Delsaber equipped. The weird thing is that I keep surviving Megid after Megid in VR Temple. But maybe because I just hit the edge of the Megid.

That's with my HUcaseal. She always gets close to the Lily with L&K14's or Chain Sawd. I can hit a mysterious second part of the Lily if it is in its idle stance.

The trick is that there's sometimes a pair of Lillies that are close enough that if you get in the "middle" of them, they'll do their physical attacks instead of Megid. This is what you want to do. And since I'm an Android, I need not worry about its Paralysis. If, however, there are two Lillies at a distance, get close to one Lilly so that it tries to physically hurt you while you shoot the other Lilly with a Handgun-type weapon.

NeoPhatnutz
May 17, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-05-17 08:06, Shapiro wrote:
I have 43 EDK simply by having a Graviton Plate and Shield of Delsaber equipped.

Hmm. Shield of Delsaber gives 43 DK Resistance, so that must mean that the Gravitron Plate has none http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nab a Luminous Field if you can. A good lv111 Armor, it adds a nice 25 to the Dark Resistance. Also, if you're a Force who can't use the Shield of Delsaber, opt for a Light Relief which gives the same amount, and it's equippable at lv17 (but then again, you won't be anywhere near Ob/Mil Lilys that soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Bill
May 17, 2003, 06:55 PM
i can't remember if it was the ob lily but, it shoots megid at you and when you die it'll spit reverser at you to mess with you.

Soukosa
May 17, 2003, 07:14 PM
On 2003-05-17 11:47, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
Hmm. Shield of Delsaber gives 43 DK Resistance, so that must mean that the Gravitron Plate has none http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shield of Delsaber gives only 25 EDK.

Reenee
May 17, 2003, 08:17 PM
On 2003-05-17 16:55, Bill wrote:
i can't remember if it was the ob lily but, it shoots megid at you and when you die it'll spit reverser at you to mess with you.

Since when was an enemy so generous with anybody? "Hey, moron! I'm gonna kill ya and revive ya so your Mag's syncro goes down!" Don't make up stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-17 18:17 ]</font>

Auracom
May 18, 2003, 12:46 AM
If you stand close to them they wont shoot megid... but they might paralyze you... If your an android you'll be fine. I find picking them off one by one easier.

AppieDPC
May 18, 2003, 11:54 AM
*thinks back of the Mil Lily in temple this afternoon* 63 dark resist(which means that 99% of the megid misses http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) *yet im dead on the floor* *amazed* the 1 time it shouldnt hit was now and yet it did lololol(and 4 a change no dolls) so i remained dead. *thinks that perhaps Mil Lily have stronger megid than ob lily or me just havin bad luck?*
Oh well if he would have dropped anything it would have bn a stupid Regenerate Gear anyway(which i already found on vh lol)

DarkGekko
May 18, 2003, 06:29 PM
I have 60 EDK, invulnerable to Ob Lily offline, but can be hit online. I was playing VR Temple offline, saw a Mil Lily, and it killed me. They definetly have a stronger Megid.

Nai_Calus
May 18, 2003, 10:45 PM
Ob Lillies SUCK. Ult Temple is a god-forsaken pit of _Hell_. Sure, you pick 'em off. Sometimes they still hit you. And if you're in the room when they spit, it'll still hit you when you're out of the room, like Hildebear Foie. I've been lucky enough to not run into any Mils.

I think somebody is confusing Mil Lillies with Ian Lillies. Us Ian Lillies are confusing like that. Also, if we like your character's looks, we spit Resta and L30 Shifta and Deband. But if someone in the party is dumb enough to attack us, we spit L50 -area- Megid. And steal all your stuff. Although if you actually manage to kill us, we're good for 1,000,000 experience points, and 4 of every rare in the game. ^_-;

Shentar
May 18, 2003, 11:10 PM
On 2003-05-17 16:55, Bill wrote:

No enemy does that. The best I can come up with that you're thinking of is when Falz shoots megid and then grants at you (wheras on DC grants looked a bit more like reverser than on GC).

As for dealing with Ob Lillies, just keep moving. They're no problem, really. Their megid moves slow and is easy to dodge, especially once you get to ruins and are used to the Sorcerer's megid.