PDA

View Full Version : I finally found it!!!

Auracom
May 17, 2003, 01:04 AM
Its 2am right now and about 10 minutes ago I found my Handgun: Milla. I'm freaken out right now!

The %'s on it are 10/10/00/00

LET THIS BE WRITTEN IN STONE!

May 17th 2003 1:50am Shiro my Whitill HUne has found a Milla.

lol

mightyJoeDunn
May 17, 2003, 01:18 AM
Congrats, now just try to get a Handgun:Guld, lol.

Eum
May 17, 2003, 07:22 AM
Wow. I'm incredibly jealous.

Did you find it offline?

Blue-Hawk
May 17, 2003, 11:03 AM
nice.online or offline and how many tolaws?
consiquently, my friend and i were playing 2 skyly characters and we giot a lolaw to finally frop a sacred guard.

Ultima_HU
May 17, 2003, 01:56 PM
lol, i have found 3 over the week. I wish i found a Guld instead of 3 Millas.

VulpesMundi
May 17, 2003, 04:53 PM
Congrats. After I find a Meteor Cudgel with my Whitill I plan to start looking for Foresty type stuffage. The Milla is on my hit-list, and undoubtedly easier to find than a Lavis Cannon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Auracom
May 17, 2003, 05:27 PM
It was Online, and I really can't recall how many Tallows I slaughtered. I'll let you do the math I started right away at lv80 with some help. I found it a few Tallows away from level 125. I tekked it and I got -5/-5/0/0. After I tekked it a few more times the best I was getting was 10/10/0/0. The majority of hunting I did was Mop Up 1. I only did it if I had a partner. When I did solo runs I did HS. When I found it I was alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif go figure.

Kinda funny cause at first I thought it was a Guilty Light. I saw the untekked item 5/5/0/0. (I'm nodding off at the point) I just took it to the tekker out of pure luck. Imaging if I gave it to the salvation army...

VulpesMundi should've done the same thing you're doin it woulda been easier. I got my Cudgel a few days ago (no %). It only take a few runs 2-4 if your lucky.

I'm hunting in Ruins now... so many goodies

VulpesMundi
May 17, 2003, 05:35 PM
I think I've already taken my Whitill through the Ultimate Ruins 7 times (he's gone from level 81 to 101 in just a few days doing so). I did manage to find Rico's Glasses on the first trip, but haven't found anything notable since. And unfortunately I find Rico's Glasses to be a useless item, considering it's FOmarl only and adds a measly +1 DFP and +1 EVP and has no resistances (remember that it's a shield). Its only redeeming factor is the built-in trap vision, but considering I'll probably never get my FOmarl to level 148 it's going to rot in her bank. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Auracom
May 17, 2003, 05:51 PM
Hehe, I guess its one of the fashion kinda items. Novilty it you prefer, I'd still like to see one drop. I have a feeling I'll never get a GULD and end up with a million Cudgels.

VulpesMundi
May 18, 2003, 03:46 AM
Now I can say that I found it, too. Though what I found is something else. After about two months of searching and thirteen (yes, 13) Frozen Shooters later, I finally found one with a hit bonus to make into a Snow Queen. And ironically, I wasn't telepiping when I found the Hildetorr that dropped it. Good things happen when you least expect it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/frozen_shooter_hit.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/snow_queen_hit.jpg

This sucker is so gonna rock. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-18 01:48 ]</font>

Shentar
May 18, 2003, 04:21 AM
Tollaws... so many Tollaws have been felled at my hands, still no Agito.

Richard
May 18, 2003, 09:39 AM
For the Meteor Cudgel and Hangun:Guld, do Doc's Secret Plan. The entire quest is basically made up of Arlans and Gran Sorcerers, with a fair amount of Delsabers, Bulclaws and Indi Belras. I've done the quest about 35 times - I've gotten 2 Meteor Cudgels, 2 DF Fields, 1 Morning Glory, 1 Perfect/Resist and 1 Belra's Right Arm. Still no Handgun:Guld, but I expect to do at least 200 runs for that.

Anyways, congradulations, Auracom. Handgun:Milla is a DAMN good find. But I think Handgun:Guld is the real challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-05-18 15:17 ]</font>

Joko
May 18, 2003, 04:43 PM
lol snow queen sucks

NeoPhatnutz
May 18, 2003, 07:14 PM
Quite wrong, actually.

SNOW QUEEN is awesome. It's admittedly hard to catch people with the special on Ultimate (especially during multiplayer/online), but it's still great.

With an expanded grind limit from it's lesser form to 18, and a starting ATP of 350, it can power up to 386. YES, it can only fire a single shot, but with my God/Battle, I don't mind one bit. Simply not being able to fire/swing more than once at a time alone isn't enough to make a weapon suck; Rather, it's more of what great power/abilities it still has going for it. This is what challenges the idea of the DARK weapons. Look at all the benefits, and weigh them out. Just cause it's a one-shot wonder, people are turned off by the extreme change in how they'd change their combat strategy. This just isn't a good enough answer in my eye.

Since many new GC 11-12 star Rares have this restriction on it now, I've come to realize that rather than just blaming ST for making stupid weapons, they should be appreciated for their uniqueness, IF they're good enough. Most of these weapons have good purpose, and can still rule on the battlefield in the right hands. The hands of one smart and persistent enough to make the extra stride, and change their ways to make the weapons work.

We know right off that some one-shot weapons are terrible cause they simply don't offer nearly enough pros to outweigh the con. From personal experience and finds, I can vouch to the suckiness of POWER MASER, which I traded a Photon Booster for, and was severely disappointed. Yeah, basically a Gizonde in a can, but a WEAK one. We're talking lv3, tops. And Belra Cannon was a sore sight. A nice straight wallop, but it's like firing the Inferno Bazooka just once. A single enemy-striking weapon under the one-shot condition is rarely enough. Plus, the special isn't any better: Piercing shot, yes, but at only 1/3-1/4 the damage. The weakness of that shot just isn't worth it.

But there are others as well. Lets take a short look.

DARK FLOW: A single-hitting Sword, a strange twist requiring even more change. But a multi-enemy hitting Melee weapon, and it's Physical power is unrivaled by ANYTHING else. Plus, the special's a good fallback when you're critical, If you want more use of it, you COULD find a Berserk weapon or likewise to administer the damage carefully. Then enjoy the special, and when the danger gets too close, heal. Simple as that.

DARK METEOR: Strongest Shot there is. Most people will have only gotten as good as the Final Impact or the Spread Needle, so this is a nice one. The power and accuracy over the lesser shots makes up for the further lack of speed. The special is nice too, a straight firing dual beam that pierces as well, and also lingers for almost a second, harming any enemy that walks into it's path.

DARK BRIDGE: Before today, I had pretty much ignored the Megid spell as a potential. It was virtually worthless back in DC Ultimate. Now, it's actually quite useful EVERYWHERE, provided the spell's high enough. Even in Ultimate Seabed multiplayer, my friend's FOmar was decently successful knocking out even the Darkest enemies with a lv30 Megid (boosted to there with 3 Wizard/Techniques, and a God/Technique). So, using a weapon that boosts Grants & Megid by 20% AND turns Megid into a piercing projectile as well has it's strong use, even if only for that purpose. Because of her bonus to the spell as well, this weapon really belongs in the hands of a FOnewearl (Megid range doubled, maybe also a strength bonus to it as well)

THE SIGH OF A GOD: A Unique Wand that fires Gizonde, and also boosts the spell. The single-attack downside is likely to merely keep the power check on the Gizonde. You shouldn't need to be swinging a Wand often, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SNOW QUEEN: This is what started this rant http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Some people prefer the Frozen Shooter simply because they can use the special infinitely to keep the enemy frozen into oblivion. It's ok, but it only hits one enemy at a time, randomly freezes YOU in return if the rifle is held long enough, and most of all, even a fully-grinded VISK is stronger than this. Besides, if you really want to get anywhere, you'll eventually have to wean yourself offa that.

So after seeing Burning Visit and Snow Queen under the Photon Launcher classification in the Weapons index, I thought that the new weapon-type would make it worth the Photon Booster, and gave it a try. And man, was it worth it. Yeah, you fire once. But it pierces like a Photon Launcher. And that means, SO DOES THE SPECIAL. Keeping a tight group of enemies under ice is very useful, to say the least. And since it's not much weaker than a fully grinded Red Scorpio, and STILL fires at single shot at Rifle rate, I vote this as the best Photon Launcher. (At least until I see what the Burning Visit can do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) I'll also add that I'm very pleased to have created one with such good percentages for a Rare of it's level. It's exactly like the one VulpesMundi shows above us, with an additional %25 to Dark. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GI-GUE BAZOOKA: Made from those lucky enough to claim the Gi Gue's Body Enemy Part, this one requires 200 ATA to grasp. And for good reason: This is a REAL Bazooka, not like the Inferno Bazooka. This means it's not gonna hit a single enemy. It'll fire a single bomb at an enemy, and EXPLODE for splash damage. Basically small-range Rafoie-in-a-can, It's a boon for Droids. There's two like this kind of gun, and although this is the weaker one (also cannot be grinded), it does have a special unlike the other: Seize. I wonder if you can paralyze several enemies at once. It's also a little more accurate than it's bigger brother, but that's not saying much. I think Paralysis for enemies last longer than Freeze, this is good...

NUG 2000 BAZOOKA: Even better. Stronger to start, and can be grinded to +25. Strong blast, but VERY inaccurate in Ultimate Multiplayer, due to it's accuracy only being slightly better than the 9000M. and that's not bashing the 9000M: Mechguns are always poor in ATA ratings, and with each attack giving more chance to hit than the last in a combo, 9 shots is a lot of chances to improve and hit. 1 ISN'T. Don't bring into the toughest areas online unless your ATA's nearing max. You'll do significantly better offline with this powerhouse.

See, you must carefully balance the odds and ends of single-attacking weapons. After all, most of them aren't 11-star entries for nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-05-18 17:20 ]</font>

Aredhel
May 19, 2003, 02:12 PM
Nice post, Neo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

dj_dan
May 19, 2003, 03:16 PM
Hey Neo,
what are your thoughts on the Panzer Faust/Iron Faust upgrade?

My RAcaseal doesn't leave home without her trusty Iron Faust.

Elusive_Llama
May 19, 2003, 03:28 PM
Joko, come back when you actually have a Ranger character, kthx.

Now I can say that I found it, too. Though what I found is something else. After about two months of searching and thirteen (yes, 13) Frozen Shooters later, I finally found one with a hit bonus to make into a Snow Queen. And ironically, I wasn't telepiping when I found the Hildetorr that dropped it. Good things happen when you least expect it.

I have a snow queen with 15% hit as well, on my Ramarl with maxed out ATA. You're gonna LOVE it.

Elusive_Llama
May 19, 2003, 03:49 PM
I have used all of the weapons below.

DARK FLOW: A single-hitting Sword, a strange twist requiring even more change. But a multi-enemy hitting Melee weapon, and it's Physical power is unrivaled by ANYTHING else. Plus, the special's a good fallback when you're critical, If you want more use of it, you COULD find a Berserk weapon or likewise to administer the damage carefully. Then enjoy the special, and when the danger gets too close, heal. Simple as that.

In order to hit consistently with the first swing using a hard attack, you need Ranger ATA. Only Hunters can use the Dark Flow, so they're screwed there. The special is half decent, but it's a deathwish to have very low hp in places like Mines, Ruins and Ep. 2. I rate it at 'worthless'.

DARK METEOR: Strongest Shot there is. Most people will have only gotten as good as the Final Impact or the Spread Needle, so this is a nice one. The power and accuracy over the lesser shots makes up for the further lack of speed. The special is nice too, a straight firing dual beam that pierces as well, and also lingers for almost a second, harming any enemy that walks into it's path.

It may be strong, but its lack of speed AND lack of a combo doom it to mediocrity. Try to fight your way out of a pack of Arlans in Ultimate Ruins, using only a Dark Meteor. It's very painful. Spread Needle is the supreme shot weapon, period.

DARK BRIDGE: Before today, I had pretty much ignored the Megid spell as a potential. It was virtually worthless back in DC Ultimate. Now, it's actually quite useful EVERYWHERE, provided the spell's high enough. Even in Ultimate Seabed multiplayer, my friend's FOmar was decently successful knocking out even the Darkest enemies with a lv30 Megid (boosted to there with 3 Wizard/Techniques, and a God/Technique). So, using a weapon that boosts Grants & Megid by 20% AND turns Megid into a piercing projectile as well has it's strong use, even if only for that purpose. Because of her bonus to the spell as well, this weapon really belongs in the hands of a FOnewearl (Megid range doubled, maybe also a strength bonus to it as well)

No disagreement here. Dark Bridge is actually useful. Drawback is that it likes to drop multiple status ailments on you...not fun.

THE SIGH OF A GOD: A Unique Wand that fires Gizonde, and also boosts the spell. The single-attack downside is likely to merely keep the power check on the Gizonde. You shouldn't need to be swinging a Wand often, anyway

Good for a mid level char, not so good when you're up near 100 - 120+.

SNOW QUEEN: This is what started this rant

So after seeing Burning Visit and Snow Queen under the Photon Launcher classification in the Weapons index, I thought that the new weapon-type would make it worth the Photon Booster, and gave it a try. And man, was it worth it. Yeah, you fire once. But it pierces like a Photon Launcher. And that means, SO DOES THE SPECIAL. Keeping a tight group of enemies under ice is very useful, to say the least. And since it's not much weaker than a fully grinded Red Scorpio, and STILL fires at single shot at Rifle rate, I vote this as the best Photon Launcher.

No argument here either. The Snow Queen is supreme when it comes to choosing between Frozen Shooter and itself. People who say it sucks have either not actually used it, or their ranger's ATA sucks.

(At least until I see what the Burning Visit can do ) I'll also add that I'm very pleased to have created one with such good percentages for a Rare of it's level. It's exactly like the one VulpesMundi shows above us, with an additional %25 to Dark.

The Burning Visit is worthless. It cannot combo, and the flame projectile is slow and weak, and it doesn't do anything nearly as useful as the Snow Queen's freeze shot.

NUG 2000 BAZOOKA: Even better. Stronger to start, and can be grinded to +25. Strong blast, but VERY inaccurate in Ultimate Multiplayer, due to it's accuracy only being slightly better than the 9000M. and that's not bashing the 9000M: Mechguns are always poor in ATA ratings, and with each attack giving more chance to hit than the last in a combo, 9 shots is a lot of chances to improve and hit. 1 ISN'T. Don't bring into the toughest areas online unless your ATA's nearing max. You'll do significantly better offline with this powerhouse.

Not true. The Nug 2000 is very useful against bosses like the Sil Dragon, Dal Ral Lie, Vol Opt's screens, Barba Ray, Gol Dragon and Gal Gryphon. All those bosses have multiple hit locations, and photon launchers are rather useful against them. In particular, it can even hit certain bosses consistently when they're flying. The only catch is that you'll need plenty of ATA to get the hard attack's explosion to connect. Yes, I'm talking multiplayer ultimate, not wussy offline ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif