PDA

View Full Version : Who put the 'double' in 'saber'?

AYY-BEE-CEE
May 17, 2003, 09:08 AM
This afternoon on Antares 8 I made a game called 'SABERS only', with the theme beind to use only saber-type weapons to make it interesting and fair in experience gains.

Half a minute after I loaded in the room, a HUmar joined. I went into Forest 1 and he joined me soon after. I was using a Kaladbolg, but he was using a double saber, I think it was an S-Rank.

I told him this was a game where sabers were used only (and techs) and he'd either have to leave or change, whilst another player entered. He did and got an Ancient Saber (fair enough) and returned with the new player (I think it was a HUcaseal). Now she was holding a Black King Bar, but then changed to a slicer-type, doing 400 damage to each enemy on her strong attack in the next room. I asked her to change but she didn't, so I considered leaving my own room.

Finally another HUmar came in, I said he must use a saber and he said he understood, but came down with a Stag Cutlery instead.

Oh boy.

Guntz348
May 17, 2003, 09:18 AM
You should try cmode. In it you can't use anything besides a saber. For the first level or so, then you get a sword, but you can only use the basic weapon types. If you ask me cmode is the most fun way to play pso. Give it a try http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
May 17, 2003, 12:38 PM
"people are idiots" what can i say.

but seriously, this guy is either TRYING to tick you off. or thought "i don't need to use it, i just need to have one"
and this guy is clearly a Dup users, after while the same weapon gets really old.

Aurra
May 17, 2003, 07:46 PM
Heh heh yeah... the joy of open games