PDA

View Full Version : If I find one more DB SABER I'M GONNA KILL!!

blaketx11
May 17, 2003, 12:50 PM
Does anyone else have this problem?! I realize DB Saber is an "extremely common replica" but jesus I found 3 DB Saber's in boxes (two in same room) in the span of 10 minutes!! (and two Varistas, but don't get me started). Here's the situation:
Me: FOnewearl Orasus (WHITILL) lvl 53
Difficulty : Very Hard
Stage : Forest 1
Online w/one friend (YELLOWBOZE)

Now come on, I either find DB Saber's, Varistas, or Clubs of Laconium!
Currently I have:
3 Varistas
5 DB Sabers
4 Clubs of Laconium

Is my section ID just destined to find this damn sword over and over again?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blaketx11 on 2003-05-17 10:51 ]</font>

neko-chan
May 17, 2003, 01:01 PM
Club of Laconium is pretty cool for a FOnewearl, since that cane boosts the Foie technique.

Natural FOnewearl's Foie boost + Club of Laconium's boost = ownage

Get an Amplifier of Foie and you'll kick ass fot the next thousand of years.

Regarding the WHITHILL id, PSOW's guides say: "Slicers and Mechguns appear often; Shots are rare". Check the item findings
here (http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=10).

blaketx11
May 17, 2003, 01:10 PM
Well I would use it, but I found "Talis" after defeating Vol Opt on hard. I couldn't believe my luck, cuz the whole game pretty much I used a Mind Autogun to replenish my TP, Talis' special is stealing TP!!! In fact on Hard I steal about 42/45Tp with each hit. I have no idea how rare it is, but that's why I don't bother with the Club. (that and I don't like to fight up close *I have 250HP*)

EstoyLoco
May 17, 2003, 01:44 PM
Might want to check your item drop...

the reason you are getting the same crap is one: you are playing the same stage over and over again

and two it depends on your section ID

neko-chan
May 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
On 2003-05-17 11:10, blaketx11 wrote:
I have no idea how rare it is, but that's why I don't bother with the Club. (that and I don't like to fight up close *I have 250HP*)

I didn't mean to go melee with the Club of Laconium. I meant: equip it and when casting Foie. Your Foie will be boosted by the Club of Laconium.

During my 106 level as a FOneweral, I don't think I never used twice a physical attack. She's a spell caster after all. >_>;

Well, good luck! ^_^

Davion
May 17, 2003, 01:54 PM
You know, if I sold all of the DB's sabers I have I'd get 760 Meseta. Rares are 10 a piece, you do the math. >_<

Shentar
May 18, 2003, 04:53 AM
If you've found 76 DB's Sabers, then you're going through way too slow. You get to ultimate and you'll never see another DB's Saber again. Unless, that is, it's a DB's Sword.

SubstanceD
May 18, 2003, 11:48 AM
On 2003-05-17 10:50, blaketx11 wrote:
Does anyone else have this problem?! I realize DB Saber is an "extremely common replica" but jesus I found 3 DB Saber's in boxes (two in same room) in the span of 10 minutes!! (and two Varistas, but don't get me started). Here's the situation:
Me: FOnewearl Orasus (WHITILL) lvl 53
Difficulty : Very Hard
Stage : Forest 1
Online w/one friend (YELLOWBOZE)

Now come on, I either find DB Saber's, Varistas, or Clubs of Laconium!
Currently I have:
3 Varistas
5 DB Sabers
4 Clubs of Laconium

Is my section ID just destined to find this damn sword over and over again?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blaketx11 on 2003-05-17 10:51 ]</font>

Having a problem with DB Sabre's are we http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif?

Been there done that.

In all seriousness, I do sympathise, I really do, Even though I have not found one since reaching Very Hard I still remember how difficult it was trying to get through a level ( any level ) run on Hard with out picking up a handful of DB' Sabres in the process, it was like everyone was dropping them, at one point I was on the verge of tears because there was soo many other rares that I could have, should have and wanted to collect and yet the game was wasting all my luck on those useless DB'Sabre thingies.

blaketx11
May 18, 2003, 12:14 PM
We just got to the point where we know DB's Saber stats so we just carry unidentified special weapons around and deposit them. It's fun to see people scramble online when I drop one:D. Then they get all depressed "Aw man I have 2 of these, anyone want it?"
And I have gotten a bit further online in very hard. Actually beat Dark Falz with a group of lvl 60+ guys (albeit resurrecting them quite a few times with reverser). To my knowledge he didn't drop anything but nice armor...

Reenee
May 18, 2003, 12:18 PM
I've never found a DB's Saber on my own in GC PSO. Ever.

The only thing close to a DB's Saber is the DB's Sword that grinds to +85, which I grinded on my own. It's a hell of a saber.

Vanango
May 18, 2003, 12:20 PM
Go to PSO Salvation Army and donate them.

SubstanceD
May 18, 2003, 12:37 PM
On 2003-05-18 10:18, Shapiro wrote:
I've never found a DB's Saber on my own in GC PSO. Ever.

The only thing close to a DB's Saber is the DB's Sword that grinds to +85, which I grinded on my own. It's a hell of a saber.

Youv'e never found a DB'Sabre in GC PSO???!!!!

You Lucky S.O.B!!!!

Vitamin_D
May 18, 2003, 01:11 PM
Meh...I only ran into 1 DB Saber and 1 Varista in my GC PSO career. On Dreamcast though...*cough*. My REAL problem comes from Dragon Slayers. Now those i find A LOT. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and when I say a lot I mean a LOT.

shipa
May 18, 2003, 01:18 PM
I have only found one DB:s saber

blaketx11
May 18, 2003, 01:35 PM
Oh, by the way, this on the Xbox version:D. I simply needed more characters than the 4 Gamecube allows..
(now i have about 30:D, including my friends chars)
Pretty soon i'll be able to give all my characters their very own DB's Saber! Yippee!

Davion
May 18, 2003, 02:30 PM
On 2003-05-18 02:53, Shentar wrote:
If you've found 76 DB's Sabers, then you're going through way too slow. You get to ultimate and you'll never see another DB's Saber again. Unless, that is, it's a DB's Sword.

Leveling, Hard Heat sword and caves runs. I found ALOT of those things. I know enough about PSO, I don't think I need to explain to you for the sake of defending myself.

Also, I never said I found all of those with one character. I have one level 140 and several level 50+ characters. I found a good amount of them with Davion, but finding them with my other characters is still finding them and I'm still getting tired of it.

I store them all on a mule anyway. Lol, no matter how many I find, I can't bring myself to sell anything in a red box.

twis
May 18, 2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah, alot of these 9*'s get on my nerves. Everytime a red box drops, I get excited and I equip it if I can to see if it's anything good. Nope, another POS.

Oh, and another thing, I was doing very hard HS solo runs to level up for ultimate, and I'm in forest 2 near the dragon. I take the warp that leads to that small room where there's 2 hildebears and I kill them both. 2 red boxes. 2 more dragon slayers. suck.

Edit: Thanks for ANOTHER dragon slayer, mr. Bartle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twis on 2003-05-18 14:32 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 18, 2003, 04:50 PM
I drown in Cross Scars. EVE Y SINGLE TIME a red box drops, I go pick it up with dread, equip it, roll my eyes, see if it has any %s, and then drop it and go pick up that Gladius to sell. I've gotten maybe two of the other ORAN ult drops. Yamato and God/TP. So far the Yamato is the only thing I've found worth using. ...I still use my Gladiuses and Rayguns and my 30% hit Gungnir more, though. Feh. As many slimes as I've accidntally split, you'd think I'd at least have a Stag Cutlery to add to my small collection of drops I've actually gotten. But then, Slimes are almost as cheap as Barba Ray.

Sheik1
May 18, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-05-18 11:35, blaketx11 wrote:
Oh, by the way, this on the Xbox version:D. I simply needed more characters than the 4 Gamecube allows..

You just need another memory card...the only thing is you have to rebuild your guild card file, but that is not hard to do.

blaketx11
May 18, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-05-18 15:18, alland wrote:

On 2003-05-18 11:35, blaketx11 wrote:

You just need another memory card...the only thing is you have to rebuild your guild card file, but that is not hard to do.

Well aside from the $15/mem card, it's incredibly cool to have 4 sets of 12 characters all in one place. No swapping, no downloading, just pick and go.

Plus after using voice chat I can't believe i ever used the soft keyboard. It's just incredible how much more I enjoy the game now that I can just unmute my mic, say "hang on i need fluids" and run to town. I used presets on Gamecube, but I swear I will never play online without voice chat. It makes THAT much of a difference.

CGoodness
May 18, 2003, 08:08 PM
I once found 4 DB sabers in one ruins run on yellowboze and a kept finding kaladbold varistas and brionacs ver and over too. Finally I'm on ultimate and i find good special weapons (In the past week ive gotten- storm wand: indra, flowens sword, gae bolg, vjaya, and dragon slayer.) too bad I'm at level 87 in the mines and spaceship and it takes me forever to kill a gillchich... it takes about 15 minutes to get through three. maybe im doing something wrong? Should i be using flowens sword of yamato instead of my varista ive been using since level 40?

Gray4
May 19, 2003, 12:18 PM
Pick a different ID then. Try viridia, then you'll be saying the same thing about crush bullets and final impacts. Or maybe pinkal, but oops that means endless fire-sceptre agni's. Hmm, how bout Purplenum, oh no its a parade of L&K's...

Bluedeath
May 19, 2003, 12:50 PM
I have the same problem with Cross Scars and Bloody Arts (Although I am an ORAN, but for the love of god once i have 20 of the damned daggers I dont need anymore) anyways, I know the problem you are having... today I found 3 cross scars and a bloody art on one Fake in Yellow Run on Ultimate (I almost screamed)

~LordZero (HUmar, L105)
THE GREIF SOCIETY
.Zero.(TGS)

(Too lazy to log out from Blue's Name, haha)

RuneScapeMan
May 20, 2003, 05:28 AM
i got 33 diska of bravemans in my bank...
I got no reason to drop em cuz I got plenty of room anyway

Sharkyland
May 21, 2003, 05:10 AM
I can relate with the same problem. I found DB Saber, Varista, and Flowen Swords in Hard & Very Hard. Dragon Slayers and Master Abilities in Ultimate... used to get All/Resist, but I'm getting Super/Resist now.

/_ Like my signature...

Mystil
May 21, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-05-19 10:18, Gray4 wrote:
Pick a different ID then. Try viridia, then you'll be saying the same thing about crush bullets and final impacts. Or maybe pinkal, but oops that means endless fire-sceptre agni's. Hmm, how bout Purplenum, oh no its a parade of L&K's...

Or Skyly - Dragon Slayer/Club of Luconium heaven.

Delsaber
May 21, 2003, 05:42 PM
My Pinkal finds at least one STAG CUTLERY every fake in yellow run! With my Skyly I find Last Survivors like mad, only one Demo Comet 2 days ago. Why the hell can't I find my agito on my pinkal! 28 Pal Rappies (one was a giant pal rappy) and no agito! I hate this!