PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten Error messages since using their Datel Key

Dime
May 17, 2003, 03:23 PM
I keep getting "An error has occured, turn off the system and check the manual message".

It's only happened since I got the Datel, and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems with it.

The tech support lady at Nintendo said it may be the problem.

Vanango
May 17, 2003, 03:38 PM
hmm, never. Do you just occassionaly get it?

Dime
May 17, 2003, 04:08 PM
Whenever I quit a game and join another I get it while the new game loads or while I start an online quest.

When I try to get back on it happens while the system is dialing up. Then I shut it off AGAIN and after another try or so it finally gets online.

The only upside, is that I never lost anything important.

satoshi1
May 17, 2003, 08:54 PM
My friend's gotten that message once in PSO, once in Resident Evil 0, and once in Defender. It's something with the cube. Not the game or the keyboard. I got it once during PSO also, luckily I also lost nothing important too.

Jack
May 18, 2003, 04:20 AM
It's nothing to do with the keyboard - how can a keyboard affect the disc drive?

Shentar
May 18, 2003, 04:30 AM
That happens when the system can't read the disk. It happened to me a couple times in PSO. I wiped dust off the disk and have never gotten it since. Because they're mini-DVDs (a lot of data on the disk, small size) dust effects them more than normal CDs. As for if someone gets that a lot on multiple games, either something actually is wrong with their system, or they don't take very good care of their game disks.

Sheik1
May 18, 2003, 05:26 PM
On 2003-05-17 13:23, Dime wrote:
I keep getting "An error has occured, turn off the system and check the manual message".

It's only happened since I got the Datel, and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems with it.

The tech support lady at Nintendo said it may be the problem.

Heh...I just started getting those messages. My GCN also used to "click" lots meaning it could not read the disc correctly. A simple clean of the disc (carefully) will fix that. I also blew off the head inside the disc reader cover. This has fixed the problem. I am really tempted to go out to a computer store and buy a dust off can to use.

Just be sure to keep all your items equipped when traviling, piping, or bursting. This is when the GCN reads the discs. Also, you can let the opening movie run and if it starts to glitch or jerk then you know the disc needs cleaning or the GCN head needs cleaning.

It is just like a FSOD...just loose all unequipped items, no biggie since I do not carry around more stuff then I can equip. That is never a good idea with the FSOD problems going around.

Did I mention that I had a close encounter of the FSOD, double save kind? That was scary. I am glad it froze JUST before it started to save instead of in the process of saving. I am ok...my items, fluids, mates, etc can always be rebought.