PDA

View Full Version : FOmar question

HaLLa
May 18, 2003, 12:28 AM
I am messing with a FOmar right now and I can do pretty good in normal either by melee or magic (without changing anything and LEGITly). I was wondering if FOmars suck in Ultimate....since they dont excel at ne thing

Dime
May 18, 2003, 12:41 AM
They suck at melee in ultimate, unless they have max atp, lvl 30 shifta, and a good weapon possibly with %s.

But magically, they kick ass in ultimate.

HaLLa
May 18, 2003, 12:52 AM
How do they kick ass magically? They are like the worst FOs for straight magic.

Lman90245
May 18, 2003, 12:53 AM
On 2003-05-17 22:41, Dime wrote:
They suck at melee in ultimate, unless they have max atp, lvl 30 shifta, and a good weapon possibly with %s.

My Former FOmar was lvl 134 and didn't have max atp but he used a red saber fully grinded and pulled off 400's in ultimate episode 2

Lman90245
May 18, 2003, 12:55 AM
On 2003-05-17 22:28, HaLLa wrote:
I am messing with a FOmar right now and I can do pretty good in normal either by melee or magic (without changing anything and LEGITly). I was wondering if FOmars suck in Ultimate....since they dont excel at ne thing

FOmars excel at all Gi-techs, Grants, and Speed. (try one with a god/battle on O_o)

HaLLa
May 18, 2003, 01:17 AM
well about thier bonuses (I knew they had them...I meant they dont excel in pow or mst)

I dont really like any of the GI ones except GIzonde. ANd I just plain think Grants suck.

The speed is kinda nice and about G battle playing legit I doubt I find 1

Lman90245
May 18, 2003, 01:26 AM
On 2003-05-17 23:17, HaLLa wrote:
well about thier bonuses (I knew they had them...I meant they dont excel in pow or mst)

I dont really like any of the GI ones except GIzonde. ANd I just plain think Grants suck.

The speed is kinda nice and about G battle playing legit I doubt I find 1

you don't really need a god/battle but 2 gen/battles will do fine. and I've found plenty of legit God units in Very Hard mode (mines) for some odd reason.

HaLLa
May 18, 2003, 01:46 AM
you don't really need a god/battle but 2 gen/battles will do fine. and I've found plenty of legit God units in Very Hard mode (mines) for some odd reason.

Only one **/Battle will affect you at one time. You could have 3 equipped and only get bonus from one.

Shentar
May 18, 2003, 01:47 AM
Battles aren't cumulative.

Piro-Skies
May 18, 2003, 04:51 AM
On 2003-05-17 22:53, Lman90245 wrote:

On 2003-05-17 22:41, Dime wrote:

My Former FOmar was lvl 134 and didn't have max atp but he used a red saber fully grinded and pulled off 400's in ultimate episode 2

Yeh, I'm currently Lv121 and I'm doing pretty well damage wise in Ult EPI (Havn't played Ult EPII) with my Red saber and L&K combats.
FOmars can go either way really.

(Piro Skies)

ginko990
May 18, 2003, 07:53 AM
get a power/dex mag and get a pair of vulcans with hit % and other %'s. And high shifta.

s3rial_one
May 18, 2003, 08:05 AM
FOmars don't excel with grants. They do 30% more damage with Gi techs, and have double range for Shifta and Deband. The FOmarl's the one that gets boosted grants.

Anyways, your best bet with a high-level FOmar is to max your ATP, get a God/Arm or two, a God/Battle, and then pick up a Rainbow Baton that has good hit%.

DUNKO1
May 18, 2003, 08:30 AM
fomars do so have a bonus to grants

Yosho
May 18, 2003, 09:50 AM
On 2003-05-18 06:30, DUNKO1 wrote:
fomars do so have a bonus to grants

I second that remark, It's a x1.3 damage I do believe.and it does kick ass in ult too.even at lvl 27 my grants puts certain ememies on their asses.

Kent
May 18, 2003, 10:35 AM
On 2003-05-18 06:05, s3rial_one wrote:
FOmars don't excel with grants. They do 30% more damage with Gi techs, and have double range for Shifta and Deband. The FOmarl's the one that gets boosted grants.

Shows what you know.

Try looking at the Characters (http://www.pso-world.com/classes.php?class=FOmar) section of the site, FOmars get a 30% boost to Gi-level techniques and Grants, and also twice normal range on Shifta and Deband.

FOmarls get a 50% boost to Grants, among other things.

Reenee
May 18, 2003, 11:13 AM
You want speed? Cast techniques without a weapon equipped.

Vanango
May 18, 2003, 12:13 PM
On 2003-05-17 23:47, Shentar wrote:
Battles aren't cumulative.

Battles *are* cumulative.

A friend an I had 5 god battles, I equipt 4 and he 1, compared both w/ double cannons and I was significanly faster (getting the timing right took me a couple tries though)

even 2 vs 1 there is a noticable difference. If you don't believe me... you can give me all your extra god battles ;P

Parselmouth
May 18, 2003, 12:51 PM
Fomars rule, I can do good damage with a psycho wand but I've recently started to take a liking to melee'n. If you set up your Zalure your customization menu, then you can increase your hit potential nicely.
I find that i can hit in the 900's with a critical with my srank twin. quite nice if you ask me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Glaximus
May 18, 2003, 01:20 PM
Funny, I was just about to ask the community for input on FOmars that head into Ultimate. I just made 80 a couple days ago and have been playing in ultimate. It's tough having to rely on the GI techniques for spell damage (this from an old DC FOnewm) but the only place where it really hurts is the Mines. gi-foie is just too slow to constantly throw out against the robots, and until I find a red barrier that amplifier of red isn't doing me any good.

Grants is cool, though, and using it with a Justice Feather really whups up on some monsters. It irks me though how most creatures of great evil that live in the ruins are totally immune to it. I guess the bottom line is that no tech will ever compare to a big sword or a pair of guns.

Samson
May 18, 2003, 02:13 PM
FOmars get a 1.3X bonus to Grants, while FOmarls get a 1.5X bonus. My L114 FOmar has L17 Grants and does about 500-600 damage standard. If you need advice about Ultimate mines, I suggest you find a Jellen L30 Disk and use it on every enemy you come across, then let loose with Gifoe. Trust me, it totally tears them up, as just about everything in the level is weak against fire spells. The wide radius will take out almost everything in the room, especially if you have Gifoei L20 or better. (I have L23 right now...)

Kupi
May 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
On use of Grants: I find Grants to be more of a meleer's spell, actually. Most enemies that are very weak to Grants, such as Dark Gunners and I think Morfos, are extremely resistant to melee damage. So you melee most of the time, and use Grants to deal with those pesky high-DFP/immune enemies.