PDA

View Full Version : Seat of the Heart/Sue Quest...

Smash_Brother
May 18, 2003, 02:59 AM
At some point in Seat of the Heart, Sue and Kireek are supposed to show up to join you in the control tower. The following questions have haunted me...

1. WHEN in the progression of the quest do they show up?

2. I've performed all of the necessary actions in the Sue Subplot, but I've reached the control tower and they've not shown. Of course I DID complete the plot by going through a second time to play the quests. Is this acceptable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's 4 AM and I'm pulling hair out...

-SB

JavaMoon
May 18, 2003, 03:42 AM
Well I went back and interrogated Sue in Waterfall Tears and Black Paper until she left. I didn't do that before and that's what prevented me from getting Kireek. I beat all of the quests after the initial Sue subplot then went to Waterfall and Paper alone, talked to her till she left, then beat both quests. After that it worked.

I had a previous save, though. That was before I finished up the subplot and that still had Elly. I just started over and Kireek showed up (*happy sigh* He's such a wonderful bait character for the harder enemies.). Sue and Kireek appear at the beginning of the quest, right after the meeting of all the hunters and just before you walk into the teleporter.

Here's hoping it all works out.

Smash_Brother
May 18, 2003, 12:45 PM
Hmm...I believe I interrogated her until she ran off, but I suppose I'll try again just in case.

Thanks for the help. It REALLY helps to know when Sue and Kireek show up, as I wasn't sure if I simply needed to progress further before they appeared.

Much obliged,
-SB

Smash_Brother
May 18, 2003, 01:55 PM
Ok, this is strange...

I'm going back through the series of quests in order to complete the Sue subplot which can be found here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881).

The first time I went through, everything seemed to go to plan, yet Kireek didn't show. The second time through, however, Barnie doesn't show up in Waterfall Tears this time, making it seem as though it won't be possible to attempt to complete the quest again.

Hmm...

-SB

Smash_Brother
May 18, 2003, 02:15 PM
God, this is aggravating...

This seems like a series of "cause and effect" scenarios which are more akin to the workings of voodoo than sound gaming logic. From what I think I know, you can only perform the Sue subplot once and Barnie won't show again after that in Waterfall Tears, as I performed the same actions as last night and this time he's nowhere to be found.

I'm uncertain if this means I've only one small piece of the puzzle left to complete or not, or that I'll need to start over on a different difficulty because I botched it somewhere along the lines.

The subplot guide mentions Seek My Master as one of the involved quests, but nothing seemed to change in this quest, despite the fact that I spoke to Barnie in Knowing Ones Heart until he disappeared (and his name IS Barnie, by the way).

Any ideas?

-SB