PDA

View Full Version : Decent Names

Neoluke12
May 18, 2003, 06:13 AM
I really need some decent names a.s.a.p one for a HUcast and one for a HUnewearl. My other names are phantom and ria so dont post these please.

Akuma_the_HUcast
May 18, 2003, 08:54 AM
heh for the hucast mines named Akuma AND IF YOU USE THIS NAME I WILL KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!

ok

Hucast : fear, silent shadow and chartagara

SubstanceD
May 18, 2003, 11:35 AM
It's not hard to come up with decent names for your charcters ( at least not for me ), the hard part is finding a name that suit's your character's looks, his/her class, your playing style and at the same time getting your desired section ID ( that's how I ended up with Destruction for my Hucaseal ).

Because you are looking for names for a Hucast I would recommend Skyly ID. You can try out either of these names;

Katana
Blade

Redria is also popular with many Hunter type characters. Try experimenting with the section ID Calcualort to get to see what names give you which Section ID, I personally spent hours on it trying to find suitable names, for my Hucaseal and my Fomar.

LittleMissHoney
May 18, 2003, 11:40 AM
Try to find something unique, XBOX PSO out next week in the UK and ill be appearing with the Mr Men and Little Missus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CGoodness
May 18, 2003, 12:05 PM
Odin for the HUcast (purplenum)
Simone for the Hunewarl (Whitill)

IceBlink
May 18, 2003, 12:35 PM
Make everyone hurl their lunch with the traditional SSJ6GOKUVEGETATRUNKS! XD

kat
May 18, 2003, 02:50 PM
use an online baby name book... they have a great set of names that are unique and different as well as common, and you'll get an idea of what the names mean...

Aredhel
May 18, 2003, 05:59 PM
Try checking the appendix of The Silmarillion. It's got some good (Ph)fantasy - themed names in it.

Omikron
May 19, 2003, 12:49 PM
If the name you want doesn't give the desired ID, simply add spaces after it, but by adding spaces it switches between all the IDs of the same group, so you can't get a group A ID by adding spaces to a name which gives a group B ID, but to switch between groups, stuff like - ' _ [ ] and others symbols should work.

Elentari
May 19, 2003, 01:35 PM
On 2003-05-18 15:59, Aredhel wrote:
Try checking the appendix of The Silmarillion. It's got some good (Ph)fantasy - themed names in it.

i gave this advice before, i dont think anyone took it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Forral
May 19, 2003, 05:02 PM
o.0
I got mine from a book I read, lucky it was a ok ID.

s3rial_one
May 19, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-05-18 10:35, IceBlink wrote:
Make everyone hurl their lunch with the traditional SSJ6GOKUVEGETATRUNKS! XD

Don't forget Cloud, Sephiroth, Vash, or any of the wankers from Gundam.

Raziel_Kai
May 20, 2003, 05:49 AM
Or even something like *somethingsomething*killah or *otherother*mastah
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

IceBlink
May 20, 2003, 06:18 AM
Any forms of evil is a cliche!

Shadow, Dark, the aforementioned Killah, or Killer...

Prototypes are cliche too... ZERO is a example...

I know! You should name your HUcast... DR DOOM!

XD

Neverwinter
May 20, 2003, 06:19 AM
OR everybody, u can try your OWN name! i did for my FOmar, buthe did get VIRIDIA...But my bro mark is a RAcast and got PINKAL. my other bro is called Max and he has PURPLENUM. (i dont know what that gets)

Blodia-Jin
May 20, 2003, 10:09 AM
...I name all my charactors Jin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Helios
May 20, 2003, 02:44 PM
my hucast's name is OSIRIS
my hune's name is NEITHIRD

jediknight007
May 20, 2003, 02:59 PM
Since I used to love the Final Fantasy series, I would go for cool names such as Rinoa, Squall or Sephitoth. Of course, you should stay away from names such as Quistis, which I would never consider, lol.

Or you could go for something wacky. I called my HUcast e=mc2. If you find yourself creating a character who is all blue, maybe you could call it H2O, lol.

I think it's much more fun than just entering common names or adding numbers and symbols after it to change the Section IDs.

GuerillaPimp
May 21, 2003, 06:46 AM
OR everybody, u can try your OWN name! i did for my FOmar, buthe did get VIRIDIA...But my bro mark is a RAcast and got PINKAL. my other bro is called Max and he has PURPLENUM. (i dont know what that gets)

Purplenum = Mechguns

I named my FOmar Jabari, its egyptian for "brave one". Got it from this site for baby names.

NodMan
May 21, 2003, 10:13 AM
Dante is the best Yellowboze name ever.

Akito
May 21, 2003, 10:18 AM
If you want good names i think the best thing to do is get ones that mean things in other languages and to get japenese names my char names are things like Xion and Akito if its a woman things like Faith usually go down well.(p.s dont use these).

CajunSamurai
May 22, 2003, 07:09 AM
Song titles work great for me... In the case of T'raenon, for instance, which is a song by Photek.
Otherwise... I like using themes, such as what I'm doing for my Xbox characters... I'm using various forms and terms of classical music. My FOnewearl is named Oratorio, my FOnewm is Rondo, my HUnewearl is Aria and my... umm... there's another one but I can't remember what the hell it was. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Or just break down, sell your soul to the devil and name your character G0ku69SSJ45.

Van_Saar
May 22, 2003, 07:21 AM
Whenever I'm stuck for a name, I use Matt. That makes a Redria.

A tip - Don't go for themed characters. Usually you'll get bored. Say, make a character loosly looking like a character from Virtual On and you won't use it. i did name one of my characters Vyper II, and that name looks good.

fifi67
May 22, 2003, 07:52 AM
Hucast : AshRender (skyly)

HUnawearl : Sosia BloodRain (bluefull)

Regards,

jpr

Elusive_Llama
May 22, 2003, 12:28 PM
You should name your HUcast something cute, like Pokeroo. Nothing like seeing a massive android charging at a group of enemies, screaming "POKEROO! POKEROOOOOO!" in a bloodcrazed voice.

Or if you don't like that, you could always name him after an Eva unit, like EVA-001 - there is a HUcast costume which looks quite similar to EVA-001.

Cylene
May 22, 2003, 02:15 PM
Normally when I pick a name for any androids, I pick a number with Roman numerals. I used 'IX' (nine) for my RAcast. So you could use the Section ID Calculator to find one that gives you a good ID.

jediknight007
May 22, 2003, 03:52 PM
There are hundreds of Pokémon to name after, lol. Used to be able to name all 150 but since then I couldn't be bothered anymore.

janitorbob
May 22, 2003, 08:48 PM
be original, just put a name backwards and maybe change some letters. for example my old force name was Emanon. it sounds cool and all it was is no name backwards. or do the obvious and steal one from an RPG...hey ROY isn't complaining...But hey, try the backwards thing, you could just use your real name backwards, i would but Naved is just dumb.

Aredhel
May 22, 2003, 11:06 PM
Mythology is always a good source for names - try significantly cool ones like Artemis, Apollo, Bast, Ra, etc...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-05-22 21:06 ]</font>

Joko
May 24, 2003, 10:37 AM
Good ideas for anmes can be "what you want" and then what class you are...er here are some examples

My force- legendmarl

Jewmar

quearcaseal