PDA

View Full Version : Yeah. Newbie 'lert.

RinLornir
May 18, 2003, 10:57 AM
Hi, I'm Soph, alias Ikobe Wolf, PSO Name "Rin Lornir". I bought PSO for the Dreamcast ages and ages ago, got to a fairly substantial level and then my VMU messed up and I gave up on PSO. Three months later... I gave it another try, woo, and I started again (don't ask why I chose a lame-arse RAcaseal, I dunno either). Now, I'm at Level 13, and highly confuzzled about how you're meant to beat that weird worm thingy in Cave 3. I haveta play Phantasy Star Offline (geddit? *sigh*) 'cause of the phonebill... God knows how much Dreamkey costs nowadays.... anyway. Hi.

Soph/Iko/Rin

Scrub
May 18, 2003, 11:38 AM
Well, it's all a matter of being able to dodge his lame attacks. For some reason, the charge-up beam he does gives people trouble. I don't know why, all you have to do is stand still, and when he STARTS CHARGING UP, go to the other side of the raft. When he launches the kind of spiky explosives that stay in one place, pick one in the corner, destroy it, and run into that corner. If he launches that kind that follow you, "Pause" the game, and run. I say to bring up the menu, because it will make you not run all slow and shite. Err..that attack where he lets out like 50 energy balls usually has one pocket in the wave, just quick run to the pocket. When he lands on the Raft, Hit him with 3-4 combos(depending on your gun) for the time BEFORE he first-strikes, then run around until he strikes(and misses).Then, after the initial strike hit him with 2-3 combos before running around. The only attack I have problems with is the one where he 'shakes' the ceiling, and crap falls out of it. I thinks it's just luck of where you stand, though. Be sure to carry full Monomates/At least 4 Dimates with you. Follow the dodging patterns, and De Rol Le should be easy to kill, just be patient.

LittleMissHoney
May 18, 2003, 11:38 AM
Lo,

No.1 With a lvl 13 character its gonna take you about 2 hrs to kill the boss.

No.2 DC is dead, move on, either get PSO on GC or XBOX (released next friday for those of us in the UK) as there are loads more items and the online community still exists and thriving.

kat
May 18, 2003, 02:48 PM
When he drops the rocks, pick a raft corner, and get as far into it as possible... if you're doing it right, you'll have feet hanging over the edge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It doesn't always work, but mostly

Joko
May 18, 2003, 02:50 PM
R.I.P

Shouldnt this be moved?

RinLornir
May 19, 2003, 11:49 AM
Dreamcast? Dead? NEVAR! BUAHAHA-*cough choke hack*

There are a lot of German and French people that still do DCPSO. And they've all been on since PSO came out, by the looks of their stats... *ehe*...

Ikobe