PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear God Help Me!

Neifirst
Mar 11, 2001, 08:51 AM
My game just froze up. No BSoD, just froze with me in midswing online. I unplugged my connection from the back... nothing. I've waited my 15 minutes for auto-disconnect... nothing. What should I do?! Any suggestions at all would be incredibly appreciated!

Haywire
Mar 11, 2001, 08:57 AM
Plug the phone line back in and see what happens, it has to read the phone connex again and all should b cool, it will realize the connex has been terminated.

DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DC!!!

IF this does not work, unplug your DC and then turn the DC, sorry but you will have no other choice.

Let me know what happens. hope this helps!

Ukyou
Mar 11, 2001, 09:00 AM
If you are forced to turn off the DC, take out your VMU first.

Neifirst
Mar 11, 2001, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys! Still waiting... I'm SO scared. I've plugged and unplugged the phone cord several times now... If turn off my DC... is my character doomed?

Haywire
Mar 11, 2001, 09:05 AM
I suggest pulling out the controller, close to the same thing, but just play it safe. Unplug the whole controller.

Neifirst
Mar 11, 2001, 09:15 AM
Well guys... thanks for your help. I unplugged the controller (nothing happened), then I turned off the DC. I waited a minute, turned it back on, and my character was NOT corrupt (*wipes sweat off brow*). I did lose everything not equipped, including my other magic mag and a HOLY RAY, but I can deal.

Thanks again for your help and concern. It's nice to have a place like this for emergencies like that. Hope to see you all online!