PDA

View Full Version : At a crossroads. Please read.

dj_dan
May 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
Ok it's finally happened....

As I sit here staring at my screen, the buzzing is growing increasingly louder, or so it seems.

For months I've been able to dodge that notorious and fearful FSOD-X. It seems, it has finally caught up with me.

I suppose it's karma, after all I was on a jp ship, joining a room called "jp only". But this punishment seems a little harsh.

The gc is still on, and I have a choice.
Power off the gc, or rip out the memory card then power it off.
I have no idea if either will help my current situation, though I am skeptical.

At this point I have little hope, the little *now saving* has been etched into my screen like it has for so many others.

If this is indeed the end of my level 190 HUcast, 40 FOmar, 120 RAmar, and 100 FOnewearl then I guess this just might be it.
Although I have a ver1.1 account with other characters, I say enough is enough. Time to move on, time to grow.

In a few minutes time, I will reload my characters and see what fate ST has given them.
If my worst fears become reality.... well, I guess Wind Waker and Vice City needed a reason to be completed anyway.

CORRUPT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-05-18 17:01 ]</font>

Dime
May 18, 2003, 07:19 PM
That sucks to hear, I guess all four have been corrupted?

dj_dan
May 18, 2003, 07:25 PM
Yes. I just reloaded.

All gone.

Decision time.

Reenee
May 18, 2003, 07:32 PM
Vice City sucks.

Wind Waker's short.

Do it again! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dime
May 18, 2003, 07:32 PM
You can just go to Vega and get some rares.

And if you want I will help you level up.

Sham
May 18, 2003, 07:53 PM
Maybe you should try deleting your Guild Card file? It's the popular corruption-fix rumor, though it doesn't always work...

This is making me weary of joining JP games. The other day, I was in the same predicament you were in. I joined a JP team, and froze right at the screen with the little saving icon. But for some reason, I didn't corrupt.

That was the first time I ever FSOD'd during the double save. I'm theorizing that playing on JP servers on a US copy makes the chance of FSOD-X heighten. It's a shame, too. The JP servers are so much better in terms of players. Everyone doesn't run around with dupes, rares get shared, and teamwork is a must.

Kanore
May 18, 2003, 07:58 PM
I've recently dedicated myself to making my own games in all servers but Deneb 5.
That includes:

Any Vega Trade (I go to Vega to trade... I tell everyone else to)
Antares 8 (You can never be sure when IT will strike)
Alcyone 6 (I mean, do you know how crowded Alcyone 6 is? You have to search a person to be able to get in there! And crowded=lag=X)

critter
May 18, 2003, 09:16 PM
hmmm maybe i wont go online after all...

sorry to hear bout ur incident

Getintothegame
May 18, 2003, 11:11 PM
Sometimes if you are incredibly lucky, you can go create another file on ANOTHER mem card, import the character with multi mode, try and take the rares, save.
Try reloading the corrupt mem card again, try over and over.

If it still says you're corrupt, well, sad to hear...

Another attempt is just pulling the card in an out, restarting th GC... sometimes it works...

Those have saved me twice... hope it works for you.
Hopefully you haven't decided to erase everthing!

Maybe you should try deleting your Guild Card file?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-05-18 21:12 ]</font>

Edit 2: Now that I read other posts... Well, retry PSO... nobody wants to loose another pso player...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-05-18 21:13 ]</font>

ABDUR101
May 18, 2003, 11:29 PM
I have a lvl 9 RAcast and a lvl 15(I think) FOmar who need a buddy to play with.

You cannot give up the drug. 0_0

Dime
May 18, 2003, 11:58 PM
On 2003-05-18 21:29, ABDUR101 wrote:

You cannot give up the drug. 0_0

Na na na na na BATMAN

I MEAN LEADER!!!

BrokenHope
May 19, 2003, 05:32 AM
On 2003-05-18 17:53, Sham wrote:
I'm theorizing that playing on JP servers on a US copy makes the chance of FSOD-X heighten.

How does your theory work? The only thing i can see is that playing on jp ships would increase lag for non jp which if fsod-X is linked to lag would increase the chances, other than that i don't see how which version of the game you are using would increase or decrease the chances.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-05-19 04:47 ]</font>

HaLLa
May 19, 2003, 06:23 AM
its happened to me a lot...

where you playing to get to 200 or playing to play.

If you just enjoy playing, meeting people, and so on....fire up 4 new chars

Kent
May 19, 2003, 08:54 AM
Ehh... sucks to be you.

Start playing again if you don't have something better to do.

polishedweasel
May 20, 2003, 08:52 AM
Corruptions suck. I hate to hear that kinda stuff. I can delete one of my characters and start again with you if you'd like.

Sham
May 20, 2003, 02:54 PM
On 2003-05-19 03:32, Broken Hope wrote:

On 2003-05-18 17:53, Sham wrote:
I'm theorizing that playing on JP servers on a US copy makes the chance of FSOD-X heighten.

How does your theory work? The only thing i can see is that playing on jp ships would increase lag for non jp which if fsod-X is linked to lag would increase the chances, other than that i don't see how which version of the game you are using would increase or decrease the chances.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broken Hope on 2003-05-19 04:47 ]</font>

I didn't say the "theory" had a page full of schematics in the book I keep in my pocket titled "Theoretical Observations By Sham"; it's simple: Sham plays on US servers for a few months, Sham never receives FSOD during double save. Sham plays on JP servers for a few days, Sham receives FSOD during double save. Coincidence? Maybe. Do I care? No.

NekoHikari
May 20, 2003, 03:57 PM
Dan, you've played this game for literally thousands of hours. Don't you think that this might be a sign that you should move on with your life? Think of PSO as a memory, and a fond one at that.

pixelate
May 20, 2003, 05:08 PM
Start over with a FOnewearl.