PDA

View Full Version : GC: ULTIMATE Weapons: Still actually "Ultimate"?

NeoPhatnutz
May 18, 2003, 08:20 PM
I recall the DC days of the finest weapons. The most sought after, the most treasured, the most duped & hacked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. These weapons were truly the finest of their classes. Strong and almighty, there was never any doubt that they reigned in their areas.

Now things have changed. They make returns into the Gamecube version, but are they still as grand? Perhaps a little too powerful, most Ultimates sport new downsides. Even new powerhouses in GC & Xbox have their powers and limits. The Ultimate Weapons, and unofficial ones are generally the 12 stars, and some 11 stars as well. Lets take a look at these weapons from then & now, to the attention of anyone who may desire one of these, yet aren't sure of their capabilities.

LAVIS CANNON/LAVIS BLADES/DOUBLE CANNON-Formally nicknamed the "Glass Sword", the Ultimate Saber has been around since the beginning, and was probably one of the most widely duped weapons. The BLADES and the DOUBLE debuted in V2 as the Ultimate Dagger & Double Saber-type, respectively. Their specials are a type of wave energy that lashes out to Mechgun-range, acting as hyper-Slicers cutting through multiple enemies in it's way. These Energy slicers used to come at no cost and was generally used at the main attacks; now each Special of the stuff takes a little HP to activate. The cost of HP goes up a little more from the Saber to Dagger to Double Saber, since as you progress through those weapon types, the higher ones give of more Energy Slicers with each swing.

HEAVEN'S PUNISHER: The Most powerful Gun of the Dreamcast versions, HALF the time. The special activates and is only usable during the beat times of 000-099, 200-299, 400-499, 600-699, and 800-899. When activated, the specials could be used in succession to pound ANYTHING, save Falz, into obvlivion with no effort whatsoever. The Ultimate Handgun's special rained Dark blasts of negative light upon enemies in a fashion that resembles a Shot with Rifle range, how freakin' awesome is that?! With each shot doing a definite 300 each time, nothing stood against this gun for long. Oh yeah, even when the special isn't activated, it's still a strong Handgun.

Now, GCers have a twist to this one. Ranger Droids will find this one less than appealing when the blasts only do 52 damage or so. Why? Cause now the Power of the special appears to rely on the Ranger's MST rating, meaning this should belong only to RAmar/RAmarls. I have a RAmarl, so I hope to get one somewhere down the road http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GULD MILLA: Brought into play in V2, the Ultimate Mechgun was a superb example, simply in a class of it's own with it's power compared to other Mechguns. Also with the Geist ability, it seemed to be made specifically with the RAmar in mind for an endless source of technique casting power provided by a straight forward force to be reckoned with. Add in the fact that it had Handgun range, if not Rifle, and this could make a RAmar one of the most powerful players in the game, but the Ranger Droids holding one couldn't be scoffed at either, since their stronger power brought out the gun's strength even further.

Now, it's changed drastically from these features. The gun no longer has it's long range and thus, fires as far as any other Mechgun, save the 9000M. The special, however, has been converted to Gush, immediately indicating this as the Ranger Droid's new Ultimate Weapon. It's a perfect combo-As the Human Rangers have their choice of divinity, the Droids are reunited with a most capable machine gun most powerful in their hands, and blessed with the power to replenish the large HP that they so desperately depend on. Best Droid weapon Special + Strongest Mechguns = Refinement perfection. I mean, one wouldn't even see the range as a downside if they'd never tried it out in the DC days, how unfortunate of me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSYCHO WAND: Back then, it was a Force's best friend. What could you not love about a Cane which's Special would spit out random spells? I and mean pretty much, ALL SPELLS. You could even accidentally lay down a pipe with Ryuker http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Now's it's vastly changed, but not necessarily for the better. Given great pros, and great cons.

Pros: Boosts hard techniques by %30 (including Grants & Megid?), halves TP costs. Cons: There's a relation to the TP cost. Instead of taking the full TP cost for a spell's casting, it takes the half the required TP and gets the rest from HEALTH. And it CAN kill you. (also applies to the DARK BRIDGE) A high level Megid that takes 70 TP now would do 35 TP, 35 HP. With a Force's low HP settings as it is, those who don't pay attention can die real quick. On top of that, using Psycho's special doesn't cost anything and thus is harmless, but the spell casting randomness has been butchered down to the Simple techniques. Dammit, that sux.

OROTIAGITO: A cult favorite since v1, this is the Agito model 1975 transformed into it's new superpowered self. The special used to be Devils (1/2 enemy HP with every hit), but now seems more unique: a wave like attack. I don't know any more than that, but if it takes something in return, I don't think it drains HP. Someone please fill in the gap. Still, this kinda sounds like the Lavis Cannon, and could perhaps be the new Ultimate Saber. Too soon to tell, tho.

Let me know if you can find anymore examples of changes in the better Rare weapons.

Reenee
May 18, 2003, 08:46 PM
You made an error in GULD MILLA. GULD had Geist, and GULD MILLA always had Gush. Also, MILLA is slightly more powerful than GULD.

Stalfos333
May 18, 2003, 08:51 PM
I do believe that the Psycho Wand steals the whole cost of the spell from HP, and half from TP. A 70 TP spell takes 70 HP and 35 TP. The Dark Bridge takes only half HP, I've heard, at the cost of random status effects.

Reenee
May 18, 2003, 08:59 PM
Oh, I just remembered:

PSYCHO WAND is a Rod. And, it never casted every technique at random. It always has been Foie, Zonde, and Barta. What gave you that impression?

NeoPhatnutz
May 19, 2003, 12:11 AM
Cause I've seen them both in action. Psycho Wand AND GULD MILLA. Used them myself, back in the Dreamcast days. And NO, I didn't find them myself.

You're probably HALF right about GULD MILLA, tho.

Only minutes ago, I found this reply to one of my posts making the same contradiction you are...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2003-05-17 12:00, NeoPhatnutz wrote:

And of course, GULD MILLA was always RAmar/RAmarl oriented with it's Geist special. Oh well, at least the Mechgun King is much stronger off in a RAcast's hands

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Gush not Geist.

Since I've never made one, I could be wrong about this.

I thought that if you combined the Guld with the Milla equipped the Guld Milla would retain the Milla's special and vice versa.

Sorry I don't have a few of these guns to test this out. =P
-----------------------------------------------------

This is very surprising news. The Special could be EITHER, depending on how you make it. Everyone claims that it's Gush, and therefore, the theory might be that a lv100+ RAcaseal/RAmarl has MILLA equipped, and uses the GULD to form GULD MILLA with Gush. Since before GC, the majority of Rangers were Male. So, this would increase the chance of a RAmar/RAcast holding the GULD, and using MILLA, thus making a GULD MILLA with GEIST, like I found. Think about it. In V2, a RAcaseal could use MILLA, and drain health from enemies. Can't use GULD, which replenishes TP, useless. Wouldn't wanna make an Ultimate weapon with a special they can't use, so it stays the same according to what she equip+use more. Formula is also kinda the same for RAmar, but for RAcast...well, 2 out of 3. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A guy who had the gun allowed me to test it out for a minute or so, in exchange for many of my goods as insurance in case I turned out to be a thief. All went ok, and everything was returned.

However, I must disagree on Psycho Wand. Me and the guy who got me hooked on PSO ages ago witnessed it all. The first person who we saw with it went buck wild with the special. NOTE: This was V1. We knew that it had to be the special, too many random spells coming out too quick to cast them manually. Again, this is V1, before there was a QuickSelect menu. The Cane spun, and Zonde after Gifoie after Megid flew out...

I hadn't been on the game for long, and I figured afterwards that the cane may have been hacked. It was long before the massive wave of cheaters ruined the game, so I didn't notice any warning signs back then, we were just watching the Wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-05-18 22:33 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
May 19, 2003, 01:10 AM
Now, it's changed drastically from these features. The gun no longer has it's long range and thus, fires as far as any other Mechgun, save the 9000M.

The range is now a little under that of a handgun, but definitely further than any other mechgun except the Yas 9k. This is the GC version.

The special, however, has been converted to Gush, immediately indicating this as the Ranger Droid's new Ultimate Weapon. It's a perfect combo-As the Human Rangers have their choice of divinity, the Droids are reunited with a most capable machine gun most powerful in their hands, and blessed with the power to replenish the large HP that they so desperately depend on. Best Droid weapon Special + Strongest Mechguns = Refinement perfection.

Strongest mechguns are charge vulcans, period. Guld Millas are strongest if you don't abuse the charge special like I do. However, 'strongest' doesn't always mean 'most useful'...

AppieDPC
May 19, 2003, 12:16 PM
Now, it's changed drastically from these features. The gun no longer has it's long range and thus, fires as far as any other Mechgun, save the 9000M. The special, however, has been converted to Gush, immediately indicating this as the Ranger Droid's new Ultimate Weapon. It's a perfect combo-As the Human Rangers have their choice of divinity, the Droids are reunited with a most capable machine gun most powerful in their hands, and blessed with the power to replenish the large HP that they so desperately depend on. Best Droid weapon Special + Strongest Mechguns = Refinement perfection. I mean, one wouldn't even see the range as a downside if they'd never tried it out in the DC days, how unfortunate of me
Yasminkovs in v2 have always had the greatest range 4 mechs. Ver2 Guld Milla never came close 2 it.
Ver2 Guld Milla filled HP AND TP.
Im thinkin the special from which gun equipped goes over 2 guld milla on ngc like NeoPhatnutz here thought.

OROTIAGITO: A cult favorite since v1, this is the Agito model 1975 transformed into it's new superpowered self. The special used to be Devils (1/2 enemy HP with every hit), but now seems more unique: a wave like attack. I don't know any more than that, but if it takes something in return, I don't think it drains HP. Someone please fill in the gap. Still, this kinda sounds like the Lavis Cannon, and could perhaps be the new Ultimate Saber. Too soon to tell, tho.

Orotiagito on NGC is what Lavis Cannon was back on DC (as in its special does at much damage as its hard attack) Lavis cannon has become fekkin weak and not worthy of its hp suckin. Orotiagito on the other hand makes his 60hp suckin worth while with a special that has the potential 2 do 600+ on ult easily(yes a no% wep)
Lets c a Lavis Cannon do that i tried it didnt even come close and the Lavis had %!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-05-19 10:30 ]</font>

NeoPhatnutz
May 19, 2003, 08:08 PM
Hmm, Charge Vulcan's, eh? This is true. Can rack up a lotta murdering on a single target, methinx. Still, one of my better friends is a good Charge Shot-type. And my man, it simply doesn't get much better than a BARANZ LAUNCHER and a fat wallet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thank goodness about the GULD MILLA's range. Slightly less than a handgun...that's still far enough away for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Someone told me that the range was back to normal. I'll have to learn on how not to absolutely believe everything I hear the first time until I can test out the information.

And yes, I learned about the OROTIAGITO late last night, although I had no idea it was THAT powerful http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. If I weren't a HUcaseal, I'd abuse that Special to no end, wouldn't you? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It's a shame on what they did to the LAVIS series, tho. The HP-drain, I can understand. The weak damage was done a little too much. But if there's truly one thing that suffers the special to the point that it's too much to bear, it's the pizz-poor accuracy of it. It HARDLY hits on Ultimate, and my Lavis Blades are wasting my HP sending multiple waves of energy through a crowd of nasties, creating nothing but a barrage of Red-colored text, and inviting the enemy to move in and smack me even more. I doubt that the Double Cannon's special accuracy is any better, I just hope so.

Thanx for correcting me, everybody. I love being corrected. Cause if it's something I can't stand, It's giving out misleading information. How are people supposed to come to me and learn about the game more if I can't get my facts straight? It's not easy learning everything when you're offline. Thankfully, that will change soon...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elusive_Llama
May 20, 2003, 12:10 AM
You won't believe the kind of damage you can dish out with 50% hit Charge Vulcans. Depending on my shifta and whether zalure is cast, I can dish out anywhere from 500dmg up to 1800dmg per hit. They absolutely KILL single targets, especially if your base ATA is extremely high.

One of my favourite combos is to drop a snow queen blast onto a group of monsters and cut them down with a full salvo from my charge vulcans. Freeze status will drop their EVP to zero, allowing me to connect with most of my hits (if not all).

NeoPhatnutz
May 20, 2003, 12:10 PM
I'll certainly have to keep my eyes out for those then. Haven't found many Charge weapons at all, unfortunately. At least my trusty YAZ 9000M is keeping me good company. It may be plain, but it doesn't matter, STILL kixazz. I just hope I can find one in the near future with attributes.

That, and that someone might trade me a HANDGUN:GULD to fuse with my MILLA.

AppieDPC
May 20, 2003, 01:26 PM
Charge Vulcans OWN (Big time)
Anyway the special of Lavis Serie or Orotiagito does suck (hit ratio wise) But on my 1.0 when my accuracy got around 170 on my hucey. The hit ratio of the special of the orotiagito became more like 40%-50% instead of the 10%-20% normally. I think with a 200base ata or a Hucey max at 218 ata it might wel hit 70-80% of the time on ult i mean of course