PDA

View Full Version : Luck Help

AkisuDesmond
May 19, 2003, 12:47 AM
Does a Force really need luck at all?

I have a FOnewearl.

My friend has a FOnewm.

We both wonder the same thing, and since he has more attack stats, he wonders if he needs luck more than me.

NekoHikari
May 19, 2003, 01:17 AM
A fonewearl and a fonewm both have only 150 materials to play with as far as stats are concerned, and neither of them should waste what precious few materials they can use on Luck. The only forces that might want Luck are the human ones, because they can melee much better and they have an extra 100 materials to use.

Basically, neither of you should be concerned with Luck at all.

AkisuDesmond
May 19, 2003, 01:18 AM
thanks

Captain_Dude
May 19, 2003, 04:08 AM
I had asked this question a while ago. What people tell me is it also affects the chance of Megid killing, which, for a FOrce(particularlly a FOnewearl), can be quite important.
For this reason, I think perhaps dropping 45 luck mats on your FOrce could be quite usefull...

It's up to you, but I know what I'm going to do...

EDIT: Thingy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-05-19 02:10 ]</font>

Kent
May 19, 2003, 09:05 AM
What those people told you is incorrect. The only thing that Luck effects is your critical hit chance, nothing else.

On a newman Force character, it's best not to boost your luck, as those characters have craptastic melee abilities to start with. If you're a FOmar or FOmarl, however you would probably want to boost your Luck as high as possible, to further your character's melee abilities.

Vanango
May 19, 2003, 12:17 PM
Believe Kent, your friends are... uh, uninformed.

Trust me, there have been tons of speculations on what luck does, I tested that theory by equiping 4 got lucks and seeing if my chances of freezing or anything was increased by doing several forest runs, trust me, it doens't affect anything.

Vanango
May 19, 2003, 12:35 PM
even if you are a fighting -- luck doesn't show a significant difference until 50+

Soukosa
May 19, 2003, 02:34 PM
While on this subject, does any know why the heck the "Maxing Stats" guide on this site shows it maxing out Luck on a FOnewearl and FOnewm. If you ask me, Luck is pointless on them, yet they show them maxed out and they didn't even max out the Defense on the FOnewearl which IMO is quite important for a FOnewearl.