PDA

View Full Version : Giving Rares To Your Other Characters Good?

faceman
May 19, 2003, 06:11 PM
Here's what I'm talking about. If you find a rare with your main character, and afraid of getting yet another Rare weapon you can't use. Can you put the rare in the bank. Open up offline in multiplayer, and give it to another character with a good ID that finds weapons your looking for. Could that work?

faceman
May 19, 2003, 06:47 PM
Has anyone tried this?

VulpesMundi
May 19, 2003, 06:50 PM
It's a common practice. Some people refer to this as twinking. It's just another choice in the matter of gameplay. As far as I'm concerned, if you own the item do whatever you want with it. If this means passing it over to another character to use, then by all means go for it. The gameplay allows (and suggestively even recommends) doing such things if it helps you enjoy the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-19 16:51 ]</font>

Eumcoz
May 19, 2003, 07:35 PM
yea you should do it, just think of it as "tradeing" with yourself.

Guntz348
May 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-05-19 16:11, faceman wrote:
Here's what I'm talking about. If you find a rare with your main character, and afraid of getting yet another Rare weapon you can't use. Can you put the rare in the bank. Open up offline in multiplayer, and give it to another character with a good ID that finds weapons your looking for. Could that work?

Are you saying like, you find a special weapon. You know it's going to be say, bloody art. So you take it, don't equip or tekk it, but instead give it to a Purplnum. Then have the purplnum tekk it and hope it turns into an L&K? Becuase once a weapon drops, it stays as what ever weapon it is.

If you are playing an oran game and a booma drops a bloody art, no matter what you do, that weapon will always be a bloody art you can't change that. No matter what you do with it, or who you give it to, that thing will be a bloody art forever. The only thing you can do is tekk to up the %'s by 10 each.

Auracom
May 19, 2003, 08:57 PM
lol I don't see why you couldn't do so. My characters share equipment, such as units. I'm not gonna find 4 god/power, 2 god/arm, and 2 god/battles. All I do is trade the 2 god/power,1 god/arm, and one god/battle back and forth.

ChokingVictim
May 19, 2003, 11:30 PM
i have a lvl 1 humar i've yet to play who's got a fully ground stag equipped, and almost every tech at 15

that's gonna be fun stuff starting him online

Elusive_Llama
May 19, 2003, 11:55 PM
Twinking is perfectly acceptable, just don't rush into a newbie game and kill everything before they have a chance to get a hit in.

Stalfos333
May 20, 2003, 12:30 AM
I'm a big twinker, but offline that's the only way to fly. I play with a variety of characters, a Redria Hucast, an Oran FoNewm, a Skyly Hunewearl, a Yellowboze RaCast. About all that's needed is a living ranger, maybe a RaMarl. They trade freely amoungst themselves, and each needs different things to get by.

Both the droids, my first characters, collected mind mats and disks, and I used the HuCast to raise everyone mags. Hee has found Demo comets for both Hus, and collects armor to raise people up to par. He also finds God/Battles for everyone, and a Cure/Frozen for the RaCast, who is sporting a shiney Frozen Shooter. He'll be looking for Lavis Blades and Electro Frames as well, and the ever elusive Kasami Brace.

The RaCast gets to scour the Ruins, finding a Smoking Plate and Sorcerers Arms for the FoNewm. He also finds a Meteor Cudgel, for the Hus, and SPread Needles.

The Hunny gets to search for the really rare Hu weapons: Sealed J-Sword, Agitos, Sange Yasha...Yowza. In the meantime, ChainSawd is a nice find, And there's a few other things scattered about that'd look purdy.

The FoNewm is a leech, but he's Oran so that's to be expected. Syncestas and Star Atomizers are his department, but other than that he's just around for multiplayer (Shifta/Deband is NICE).

Dhylec
May 20, 2003, 10:38 AM
hey i do twinking all the time..i give to my bros & myself..
it's great, the game allows it, u aint duping & save time w/other chars.. i have 8 chars w/ 8 ids to cover!

faceman
May 20, 2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone for all the help. And yeah, I was talking about the rare changing, if someone with the right ID opened it. Now that I have the facts, I don't have to bank them and wait until later to open them... yada yada yada... thanks ;D