PDA

View Full Version : My solution to ItemWhores and Spread Needle users.

Seutekh
Mar 11, 2001, 12:44 PM
I knw this is going to sound pretty off the wall, but trust me, it works.

Civility.

Yeah, I know... freakish, isn't it?

Someone hops in your game with a Spread Needle and you kindly ask them to use another weapon. I have not had a single person tell me no yet. Great, isnt it?

Item Whores are a bit trickier. The problem is, most of them don't realize they're doing it. (How you can not notice, I'm not sure, but something is apparently not making it into their vacous heads.) You simply (kindly) point out that they've grabbed 19 out of the last 20 special weapon drops, and ask them to be a tad more considerate in the future. It actually works, I swear!

You treat even the jackasses like decent people, and it works out for the best. How crazy is that?

Celowin
Mar 11, 2001, 01:06 PM
I agree this is your best bet, but I'm afraid that it doesn't always work. Last night, a few of us had a game going, and in general seemed to be having a good time. In pops a new player, using a spread needle. (Also had an Opa-Opa, Stag Cutlery, and so on...) He proceeded to clear everything before some of our weaker players could get a hit in.

We kindly asked him to put it away, which he did... for 2 minutes. Then he pulled it out again, and even made a comment like "I get so much xp when I use this."

Once again, we asked him to be more considerate, and once again he put it away. Sure enough, in a few minutes he was using it again.

At that point, I just gave up.

I guess the moral is that while I agree with you that civility is the best approach, there are some chaps of such ill breeding that it is of no use.

Seutekh
Mar 11, 2001, 01:56 PM
Okay, so it doesn't always work...

I've had my share of bad experiences:

Yesterday I had someone follow me into three different games after I made it clear that I didn't want to play with them... I'd made numerous attempts to be civil, but it wasn't working. I hate having to lock my games...

But it's worked for me more times than not.

HiroShojin
Mar 11, 2001, 02:16 PM
That DOES work..kinda.In the gathering...I asked someone to put their Lavis Canon away cuz it was "distracting" and it worked!Well..then he switched to Egg BLaster..but still..he put the Lavis away!Maybe I should try that more often with Spread Needlers..

Booyah!

neobashi
Mar 11, 2001, 04:02 PM
DUDE FUCK U ILL USE MY SPREAD WHENEVER I WANT ITS THE BEST FUCKING WEAPON U JUST DONT WANT ANYONE TO USE IT BECAUSE U DONT HAVE ONE!@!!!!!

Ukyou
Mar 11, 2001, 04:06 PM
Quite a few times people have joined my games using a spread needle. I usually say stuff along the lines of, "spread needle huh? those are okay, but i don't use them online" they usually ask why and when I say it kills teamwork, they put it away themselves ^_^

Socrates
Mar 11, 2001, 05:16 PM
Geez, Neobashi. Think maybe you could come up with something a little more constructive to say?

Using stuff like Spread Needles are fine, as long as you are considerate about it. If you are using a powerful shot-type weapon -- and this is across the baord, regardless of the actual type -- then you don't NEED to wipe the board to get the experience. Especially if you are with lesser-powered characters, do what I do: take a position, and take one shot. You hit damn near every Creature in the room, and get 80% of the XP in the process. Then, after taking that one shot, BACK OFF and let the other folks get a crack at it.

It usually works wonderfully -- you get XP, they get XP, and as a bonus, since you've already weakened the enemies, your companions will be much safer. Everybody wins. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

f0rge
Mar 11, 2001, 05:51 PM
yeah, that's what i do IF i even use my sread needle. i make sure people get some hits in before i start unloading, or i just paralyse the whole room to make it easier.

but i dont like using it, it's no fun, i prefer to run into battle swinging a big sword or something.

i'd put it away if someone asked me to, but the chances of me even using it are slim to none

Athian
Mar 11, 2001, 06:28 PM
As far as item whores go let em die and take their weapon. Unless they are the type that like to stay back in that case verbally abuse them or spam the screen. This usually works. But the better solution would be to not to play with them at all.

jett862
Mar 11, 2001, 06:38 PM
Dont steal anyones weapon if thier doing it unintentionally, I just had my true agito and eggblaster stolen and realise how bad thievary is. But if they blow you off about the items
let em faint and take thier stuff.

jett862
Mar 11, 2001, 06:40 PM
hiro, that was funny when you told the guy the thing was distracting and he switched items and you were like "its still distracting..." were youj ust trying to annoy him lol?

PSO_Krunk
Mar 11, 2001, 07:53 PM
I have a serious problem with the spread needle. I think it's really crappy that hunters can use it. If it's a rare (well... used to be rare) high level weapon, it should only be used by rangers.

I mean, why in the hell did I take the magic cut, as a ranger, if I don't have exclusive use of guns like that? where's the balance in that?

On top of that, 90% of the needle users I see are hunters, and as such, have NO IDEA what supprt fire is all about!! They charge in, destroy everything and think nothing of it. I'm lucky enough to get exp because I can usually get a shot off with my meteor smash.

NEEDLE USERS: please pop a shot off, paralyze the enemies and let the rest of your TEAMMATES get some smack down time!

GEBB
Mar 11, 2001, 08:17 PM
Yea it does work!! I always ask them if they feel like being cheap with the spread to plz jus change their weapon or to stop being greedy on the specials and stuff.