PDA

View Full Version : HEY! im a new player, does anyone have any tips for a FOnewm

elf
May 19, 2003, 06:45 PM
well?

DarkShinjaru
May 19, 2003, 08:55 PM
I didnt quite choose a FOnewm but rather a FOnewearl. I just got really high lvl techs with a diff char and made a mind mag of about 150 mind and some dex so I can use a gun if I needed to. Then I gave my stuff to the force and got her to lvl 62 in ult forest in about 50 hrs or so...So all in all, I'd reccommend making a strong char to start with and finding good techs while making a good mind mag. If you wanna just start off as a FOnewm then that's m'kay too, kinda hard if ya ask me.

Nai_Calus
May 19, 2003, 11:06 PM
Expect brokeness. ^_^ It's hard to be a Force without a rich big brother/sister Hunter to get meseta donations, MAGs to borrow and better equipment/tech discs, but it can be done. Use Mind Materials if you find them, and raise the mind on your MAG. POW is pretty much useless to a FOnewm. They're not suited to melee, unlike a FOmar/l. Use Gi- and Ra-type techs once you get them, as FOnewms get damage bonuses to them. Support your teammates if you play online, and if everything dies in a couple of Rafoies, make sure they get hits in so they'll get exp to. Feel free to hog fluids, you need 'em more than that HUnewearl does. And of course, as is written in large friendly letters on the cover of a famous book, don't panic. ^_^

eXo
May 20, 2003, 02:47 AM
Well basicly everything that they said but i would also advise following this guide it will really save you alot of heart ache in the future.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=690

I had my Ranger at lv 134 and he couldnt hurt crap but after eating the proper stuff my level 80 is by far suprior to him already in every aspect also my friend was feeding his HUwearl a bunch of evade material and now she is very weak in ultimate he couldnt hurt anything either he started over using this guide and can pretty much, hold his own anywhere. I know this seems petty but trust me it is well worth it ,this makes pso seem like there are to different sets of chars out there great ones and crap ones *LOL*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-05-20 00:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-05-20 00:51 ]</font>

Raziel_Kai
May 20, 2003, 03:03 AM
Just plan out the growth of your chara with care and it will go well.
It goes without saying that playing a FO means having being broke almost always, unless you have another high level chara (especially a Hunter) to hand you all the nifty disks, mats and meseta to you. If you don't, then don't worry.
Just be patient, take it easy and you'll eventually get yourself a very strong, very practical chara.
An advice on MAGs? Just make sure you raise them just to level their MIND up... even low level Forces with a MST score of 450+ are lethal to any kind of enemies.
A friend of mine who loves the game but doesn't have a 'cube or Xbox of his own (he plays at my place in multiplayer) started with a FOnewm...
I have around 40+ levels of an advantage over him now and even so, he clears rooms faster than any chara I have (I don't play Forces much, I prefer Hucasts over anything actually).
So, good luck and happy trails!

elf
May 20, 2003, 01:50 PM
Hey all, thanks that really helped, my friends wants to know if theres ne advice for a HUcast out there, im still open for advice on Fonewm's though.

elf
May 20, 2003, 02:54 PM
whats the deal on amplifiers? i still need advice ppl