PDA

View Full Version : What is the recommended level for Caves on Ultimate?

RANGERJOSH
May 19, 2003, 09:07 PM
Well...

Frozt
May 19, 2003, 09:17 PM
To me it depends on what class you are but I was a FO when I got into ulti but to be on the safe side I say atleast 85 or 89

but if you are a Humar I say just wing your chances of living.

DarkShinjaru
May 19, 2003, 09:19 PM
I wasnt able to finished Ult caves with my HUcast til lvl 85 or so. I got to Ult forest in the mid 40's but caves were another thing. I just couldnt handle wasting all of my mates after Dal Ra Lie shot his laser at me since I wasted most beforehand.
RAmars should be in the 80's or so. They can take out the boss with shots since they got the accuracy to do so..If ya dont wanna die fast on the boss with a hunter, I'd reccommend using slicers

twis
May 19, 2003, 11:07 PM
I managed to get through Ult. Caves with my HUnewearl at level 65/66. I fought Da Ral Lie after I cleared caves, and let me tell you, that was hard as hell, probably the hardest boss fight in the game (at least at the level I was at). The fight took FOREVER, and I managed to go through all the scape dolls I had with me (6).

Anyway, it's pretty tough. Even now, at level 75, when I go into caves, I do hit and runs with a handgun. Getting smacked around isn't very fun.

LollipopLolita
May 20, 2003, 12:30 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

Soukosa
May 20, 2003, 12:38 AM
My general rule of thumb is not to take on an area until you're comfortable with it. I started on Ult Caves with my HUnewearl at about lv 90 and beat Da Ral Lie at about lv 100. One of my friends got to Da Ral Lie at around lv 90 and was killed in one hit from its tenicales (it got a critical hit).

Raziel_Kai
May 20, 2003, 02:54 AM
Kalonera's right!
If you feel comfortable with the area (enemies don't bang you around easily, don't die in 2 hits, etc...) then go for it.
It may sound weird, but I entered Ult Caves until hitting level 95 (HUcast). The problem is, I prefer melee combat over anything else, and since I haven't got the luck of finding a good hit% mechgun, I am still doing Ult Caves to level up (thank goodness for the Delsaber Shield, I hate those Ob Lillies and their Megid spits... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif ).
The moment I can get my timing right, and level up, I'll do the boss fight of that level.
I'm a patient android, I'll eventually get to Dark Falz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Maki_Nomiya
May 20, 2003, 05:21 AM
Depends of the Mag.. how mats did u ate.. ur char Class..

I beat Vh at.. lv 75 i guess (fone and hucaseal) i did Forest and caves ultimate :/

RuneScapeMan
May 20, 2003, 05:35 AM
Killed dal ra lie without using one single mate(im an android)
At level 135... But I didn't even try on lower levels... I hate caves so I never bother trying...

rena-ko
May 20, 2003, 06:59 AM
i tried caves with lvl 100 and stayed there (addicting food / blacksmith quests) for a while, until i got sick of finding guilty lights.

but i never played rush and tried to 'beat something with lowest lvl possible' - also my motto is 'the more you kill the more you can find'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-20 05:00 ]</font>

Reenee
May 20, 2003, 08:45 AM
I tend to enter an area as long as I can hit everything. For the Caves, I suggest having 195 ATA, base or non-base.

phasma
May 20, 2003, 12:18 PM
It may sound weird, but I entered Ult Caves until hitting level 95 (HUcast).

Same here.. My HUcast was in there at around the mid 90s. I think most android class characters would need to wait a few levels longer to stand their own in ultimate caves.

Malkavian
May 21, 2003, 12:02 PM
caves Ult is easy. I say when you get there. Lv 50 can be enough. But as droid dal ra lie can be a bit hard, would be a good idea to drop mates inside the boss before start the real battle and have many scape dolls because the fight will be long.
Some HP units may be needed too.