PDA

View Full Version : Item: So what are the best and worst section IDs?

tehkao
May 20, 2003, 05:21 PM
Not from experience, but from reading the guides and people's posts, this is what I came up with:

Best:
Redria
Greenill
Viridia
(I see more people with these IDs than any others)

Ok:
Bluefull
Purplenum
Pinkal
Skyly

Worst:
Oran
Whitill
Yellowboze

Soukosa
May 20, 2003, 05:43 PM
There is no best and worst ID's, it all matters on what kind of weapons you desire.

Reenee
May 20, 2003, 05:55 PM
Yeah, and everybody's luck will vary from person to person with their ID.

kat
May 20, 2003, 06:04 PM
Well, I have yellowboze, and I love it. My hunter has found a ton of cool stuff, and a ton of money. My boyfriend complains because I get the cool rares, and tons of Grinders....

My brother just entered hard mode with his Greenil ranger, and picked up three Visks... so now my ranger, my BF's ranger, and my ranger all have a decent gun. (My BF and I have pinkal rangers, from the days before we understood the section ID thingy ie first characters we don't want to part with. Pity us, for we find wands and clubs of laconium... on a related note, anyone want a club of laconium?)

I'd want to be Pinkal as a mage (and am thankfully) because of the wands and the tech disks... but as a Ranger it's a bad ID

Also, if you want good armor, Redria might be the way to go.

Yellowboze is all about money, and we all love that...but do we love it over a better chance at certain weaps is the question?

So it all depends on what you want your character to find the most of....

PSOismyCRACk
May 20, 2003, 06:43 PM
Luck? Does luck affect what rares you get?

Reenee
May 20, 2003, 06:44 PM
LCK (Luck) stat in the game: No.
Real-life luck: You bet.

Stalfos333
May 20, 2003, 09:10 PM
Just about the only ID I'd not suggest is Oran. Even if you like daggers, you don't need a collection of two kinds of rare daggers. It's just boring, because the game KNOWS they're junk and drops them constantly from what seems like every type of enemy. There's other rares, but getting to them is just not enjoyable.

Reenee
May 20, 2003, 11:24 PM
On 2003-05-20 19:10, Stalfos333 wrote:
Just about the only ID I'd not suggest is Oran. Even if you like daggers, you don't need a collection of two kinds of rare daggers. It's just boring, because the game KNOWS they're junk and drops them constantly from what seems like every type of enemy. There's other rares, but getting to them is just not enjoyable.

Which would mean it would also apply to BLUEFULL, GREENNILL, PINKAL, PURPLENUM, SKYLY, VIRIDIA, and WHITILL, since they also get their own collection of frequently seen weapons. Purplenum has its H&S's, L&K's, SKYLY with Last Survivors and Dragon Slayers...

Your argument is applicable, just had to be broadened.

Kaply
May 21, 2003, 01:18 PM
Except that Oran can't find one of the best daggers around, the Red Dagger. So.... they mostly get a lot of junk daggers, however since the max ATP for daggers don't really vary that much I don't see how not being able to get a Red Dagger makes much of a differnce. Unless you really want to collect all the daggers. Consequently I'd suggest you use HUcaseal if you pick oran. Once you use a dagger as a HUcaseal you'll know why.

PatserGOUKI
May 22, 2003, 04:43 AM
Hi,

Well the sections ID's are indeed for what items you desire, so there are no bad section ID's...
About bad section Id's we can discuss all day long i bet ... so i think sonicteam has made the ID's especially for a special character, I mean: a certain ID is best for a force, another ID is best for a hunter... Heres what is think so far:

Redria = all around ID
Greenill = (dunno yet)
Viridia = (dunno yet)
Bluefull = (dunno yet)
Purplenum = ranger ID, find most mechguns
Pinkal = force ID, find canes and best techs
Skyly = hunter ID, find all blades
Oran = all around ID
Whitill = (dunno yet)
Yellowboze = FOrce ID, find money for trifluids

Tho some ID's like REDRIA can find all kinds of weapons and armor, ORAN finds less weapons and armor, but oran has other advantages...

PatserGOUKI

Maki_Nomiya
May 22, 2003, 07:14 AM
On 2003-05-20 15:21, tehkao wrote:
Not from experience, but from reading the guides and people's posts, this is what I came up with:

Best:
Redria
Greenill
Viridia
(I see more people with these IDs than any others)

Ok:
Bluefull
Purplenum
Pinkal
Skyly

Worst:
Oran
Whitill
Yellowboze

Whitill is good, i found lot of things, techs lv 30, weapons, anti freece slots, and good weps with good %

Mystil
May 22, 2003, 10:57 AM
Whitill is like the GOD ID. Skyly as I've told people many times, is the EVIL ID. You find..

NOTHING

That you want. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I can't get away from Skyly for nothing. All my characters had that ID(had to put a space infront of my HU's name so I can get soemthing other than Shityly)

And my FO has this cursed ID. Luconiums make me sick, and dslayers piss me off.

s3rial_one
May 22, 2003, 11:08 AM
I'd say every ID is good... except oran.

Oran is hands-down the worst ID; they find nothing but Cross Scars and Blade Dances. And while youre first few of each will be cool, 80 levels later, when the only thing your finding is the exact same set of garbage as you were in hard mode, you'll realize why oran sucks.

Vitamin_D
May 22, 2003, 02:50 PM
Skyly is an ideal Hunter ID...with enough patience and effort (I have NEITHER) there are some awesome Hunter Weps you can come away with . http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryudo
May 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
it says whitill is only for slicers but thats not true

it finds:
Slicers
Claws
Double Saber Type
Twin Saber type

weapons quite easily
you'll stumble over a tonne of meteor cudgels in ruins =D
and dragons claw is pretty easy to get with whitill too

Eumcoz
May 22, 2003, 03:29 PM
i have an oran, its pretty decent, it finds aura field the easiest, it can find Syncesta and star amp pretty easily, which are make decent items, can find guard wave pretty easy, a lot of enemy parts, it is also a good beginner hunter id, since it finds a lot of daggers, and IMO i belive daggers are the best weapons to start with.

Nai_Calus
May 22, 2003, 10:59 PM
Pity it's the SAME BLOODY DAGGER 50 TIMES OVER. I hate Red Boxes. It's always a cross scar, or something else useless. Except tonight, I've been doing an Ult Addicting Food run because I wanted to look for a Mil, because I hadn't seen one yet. Found it. Didn't even have to pipe for it. Dropped it's rare, albeit with no slots. Then I finally got a Red Partisan off a Crimson Assassin. No %s, but I'll never use a Gladius again unless it's Ruins and I bring out the one with 60% to Dark. o_o Even with 40% to A.Beast my Gladius only does 9 more points of damage, and this baby hits more'n one thing. :d
Now if a slime would just drop me that Stag Cutlery and a Nano Dragon that 1975 Agito, this would be the perfect run. ^^ And I'd have most of the stuff ORAN can find that I want. -_-; Which ain't much! ^_^

Spacepest
May 23, 2003, 12:35 AM
Viridia is the worst id ever! Out of 160 hours of play, my viridia character found maybe 10 final impacts, 8 photon drops and one flowens shield.

My redria, on the other hand, by 90 hours had found 2 guard waves, 2 stink frames, god/mind, red handgun, lots of photon drops, addslots, AND a flowens shield.

Viridia, I hate you.