PDA

View Full Version : GC: Am I extremely blessed? Or am I extremely cursed? You de

ETap
May 21, 2003, 01:49 AM
(Before anyone generous offers, I'm offline only)

Ok, I search for my first demolition comet with my redria HUnewearl. Ult caves is a bit hard for her at level 65-70 (about the only decent weapons I have for her include 40% hit gush vulcans, and a 45% yamato which is still too slow after a god/battle). Yet, I press on thinking a demo comet will be the answer to my ultimate woes.

Ok, first mil lilly, 2300 meseta. "I'll get one next time" I think to myself. Sure enough, I do, with percents of 0/10/0/0 (it stuck with those percents too since I wasn't thinking while tekking it). "Good enough" I figre, I love the weapon, but my HUnny's accuracy is making a light-hard-hard combo a dangerous tactic in ultimate (HUnewearls should really see about getting a prescription for Rico's glasses...). So, I try to get one with either some decent percents, or nice hit percent, or some combination, worth grinding to max (I don't have that many more grinders after maxing my red handgun).

About 5-6 mils and 3 comets later (of 15/0/0/0, 15/0/0/0; yes, I found two with the same exact percents, and a bare bones 0/0/0/0), I start getting a bit frustrated. Tonight, around 10:50 I find another mil (after only piping about 10 times), which doesn't drop anything. That's fine with me, I didn't spend long looking for one, and thus decide 8 lillies remaining is good enough to keep piping. I tell myself I'll stop after 10 minutes, and nearing minute ten, BAM, 2 mils on the same pipe! I dispatch them both, and one drops a comet. I almost don't want to look at it when I notice it doesn't have much more ata (implying a low hit%). Sure enough, it's only 5/0/0/10. I was about to scream. It's like my gamecube hates me; a percentless inferno bazooka, meteor crush, vjaya, gae bolg, not even crappy 9-star rares have percents on them for me! Most of the canes don't have any either, like the dozen storm wands I've found...

Has anyone else had this sort of problem trying to 'improve' their rares a bit?!

Drakuun
May 21, 2003, 02:03 AM
Well, the only rare I really tried to improve was the Dragon Slayer. I totally gave up trying to get one with even half-assed percents, so I moved on and grinded one of them. Few hours later, I find a red box in a treasure chest. At first I'm annoyed because I'm sick of Bravaces and Varistas and Last Survivors and Maces of Adaman, but I check it out anyway and blickity blam, it's a Dragon Slayer with 0/0/0/20/35. One of the best Hit % rares I've seen so far. Of course, the game likes to tease me that way, because I found a Red Sword with 25/35/0/0 two runs later. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thank god for the ATA bonus on the Red Sword.

And of course, I was fresh out of grinders after grinding both Slayers in the same day. Not that I'm complaining per se. I'd much rather have an item and be out of grinders than have a ton of grinders and no item. Just finished grinding my Red Sword today.

rena-ko
May 21, 2003, 05:09 AM
my comets:

lilly #6 -> comet 0 0 0 0
lilly #7 -> comet 10 0 0 0 (untekkered)
lilly #8 -> comet 0 10 30 10 (as well)

and all within 3 days/20 hours of playing.

and 25 is max grind... i found hundreds of grinders so far, i'm kinda short now, while working on my 3rd srank but with time comes grinders.

but yeah, i noticed this as well - my srank twin has 2 ata more and did miss ware less than a comet.

well.. what i want to say is...
finding stuff is nice, percents are a nice adding but... a rare with good percents is kinda a rare^2...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-21 03:11 ]</font>

Sharkyland
May 21, 2003, 05:38 AM
It just takes a while... I'm also looking at common items too. Most of my items are pretty low in %, don't really care about fire, light, ice or dark damage unfortunately. I'm more with Hit % now-a-days.

I love my Gatling +9 (50% Hit).

SubstanceD
May 21, 2003, 06:42 AM
I would say you are lucky, at the very least you seem not to be having much trouble finding Demolition Comets so I guess it's only a matter of time befoe you find one that has a hit% that you are happy with, just be very, very patient. You would be alot worse off if you could not find any Demolition comets at all.

I know excatly what you mean Drakuun. I am only on Very Hard difficulty at the moment, I refused to do any other level besides Forest untill I got to 2 rares in patuicular, a Dragonslyer which is dropped by a Hildebear and a Yamato that is dropped by the Dragon. After doing about a dozen ( okay may be not that much but it defiently felt like forever ) runs I began to get fed up since noone was dropping anything and then all of a sudden I struck gold, the Dragon dropped muy Yamato ( no % at all ), I imediatly tecked it and then grinded it to it's max, it was not untill I had used my Grinders and saved that I realised that my Musashi that was my primary weapon up untill then had alot of strong % ( I can't remeber what they were off the top of my head but thier was a % for everything ) and that despite my Yamato's extra ATP and ATA it was not neccesaryily better than my Fully ground Musahi with decent % for everything, now I feel Like I have waisted my grinders premaurely just because I was impatient for a yamato. Still it is better to have got my Yamato and fully grinded it instead of never getting one at all.

Soukosa
May 21, 2003, 11:48 AM
Give it some time. Out of the over 30 Last Survivors I've found with my Skyly, only a couple of them actually have a percent on Hit.

ETap
May 22, 2003, 05:34 AM
My game is officially mocking me...

First waterfall tears run of the night, first vulmer even, BAM, guilty light. What were it's percents? 0/10/15/0/10 (tekked to +10% all). Not bad, I guess, I've never had a guilty light before. Then after some time piping for another lilly, a mil's kind enough to drop one. With no percents of course... I was about to cry again.

And I do have plenty of patience, or else I'd just play around with my FOnewm in ult mines some more, or getting one of my 4 other characters to ultimate. I really need one with hit% for my HUcast. I might be able to live without it for the 'newearl, but being on a limited 'mate diet I really want some insurance. As it stands with my HUnewearl a light-strong-strong combo often gets me hit, and if hit #2 misses in a light-light-strong combo I still get knocked down. I've been walking around vulmers/govulmers to hit them, but higher accuracy will really help for heavily populated rooms.

Blue-Hawk
May 22, 2003, 09:18 AM
at least your finding them. my only id that can find them is skyly and i am on 4 red slimes now with nothing.

Mightymike
May 22, 2003, 09:34 AM
So let me get this straight, If you leave a pipe to pioneer 2, then go down again the mobs change and you have a chance of finding a rare mob? Sheesh, to think i've been trying to find them the hard way:P Does this little trick work with xbox as well?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mightymike on 2003-05-22 07:39 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
May 22, 2003, 09:46 AM
Ok,

You have found the rare weps, thats not common, but to find a rare weapon wth actually good % THATS RARE!!!

Ill tell u my example: I found 3 sneedles in ruins ult from a dark bringer. the first 2 had 0,0,0,0... The 3rd had 0,0,15,10 (after tekking it)
The chance to find a needle with actually 0,0,35,45,50 is very very hard.

My point: its ok to find rares, can be hard, but to find a rare with good % is VERY HARD!!!

Yesterday i found a rare with my best %:
a diska of liberator (BOOOOOHOOO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )
with 0,60,40,20, that was ok tho

I hope you get the point, you are not extreme, the rares anyone can find, but your etreme when you find a rare with VERY GOOD %.

PatserGOUKI

Auracom
May 22, 2003, 12:44 PM
Hey atleast ya can pipe for your Demo...

I've been trying to find some yas9000M with some % for a long time, i've pretty much given up. I'm after GULD now, its gonna be even more difficult to get one but the pay off will be worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Plus my whitill might pick a few Cudgels up during the GULD runs.

Eagle
May 22, 2003, 08:12 PM
If you can get some more on your Luck stats that will improve on your chances to geta high % weapon

Blue-Hawk
May 22, 2003, 11:15 PM
On 2003-05-22 18:12, Eagle wrote:
If you can get some more on your Luck stats that will improve on your chances to geta high % weapon

no it wont. remember, luck ONLY increases your chances of scoring a criticle hit.